Background Verification Completed: April 12, 2021
Test Invite: March 18, 2022
Test Taken: March 27, 2022
Test Completed Status: March 28, 2022

Reactions: boomshanker

visaquery2021

Jun 26, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I applied for Canadian citizenship, in my online account it says "You need to take your online citizenship test between March 18, 2022 and April 7, 2022".

After clicking on the link (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/online.html)

website says, "You can only take the test after you receive our invitation. "

I have not received the email invitation yet.

Questions:

1. can I book the test before receiving the email for let's say 4th April in anticipation ? If yes, what if the email invitation is received on 5th of April, would it invalidate/reject my exam because on online citizenship test link it clearly says you can take the test after you receive the invitation ?

2. what are my options if I do not receive email until the last 2-3 days? Who should I reach out, any contact number, email id for immediate assistance ?

3. am I the only one in this situation, or have others faced the same, if yes how have they overcome this situation ?

4. what shall I do now, CIC customer service automated telephone keep saying that I should call back.. not sure what to do, this is making me very nervous. Please suggest.

Mami_32

Oct 19, 2021
I'm an oct 2020 applicant. Just on March 28th, 2022 my fingerprints were received and processed, so background verification is now showing complete. I wonder why some of us were left on the back burner. I've yet to have anything else completed.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I'm an oct 2020 applicant. Just on March 28th, 2022 my fingerprints were received and processed, so background verification is now showing complete. I wonder why some of us were left on the back burner. I've yet to have anything else completed.
OH WOW !! did you have to give them FP more than once ? Thats just insane - ours is also sitting on FP received since 7th June2021 .. and no news after that.

Mami_32

Oct 19, 2021
OH WOW !! did you have to give them FP more than once ? Thats just insane - ours is also sitting on FP received since 7th June2021 .. and no news after that.
It was my first time sending FP. I really don't understand why some people got their citizenship so quick, and others are still in process. For you FP last year and still no update? Honestly this backlog is so ridiculous at this point ....

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
It was my first time sending FP. I really don't understand why some people got their citizenship so quick, and others are still in process. For you FP last year and still no update? Honestly this backlog is so ridiculous at this point ....
Yeh .. not sure if it is a backlog issue or processing issue where some fall through the crack.

Although just checked this morning and Background Verification Shows Complete - Updated March 31, 2022

rich980

Feb 1, 2021
I phoned IRCC again this afternoon only to get to know that now its 27 months for processing the application, so I need to be patient. when I asked why others who applied after me and gave their citizenship test after me got their citizenship certificate - the answer was "every application is different. Your file is complete and you have wait for Calgary office to send you the invite".

Shining Star

Mar 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2016
Doc's Request.
01/06/2016 and 07/06/2016
Nomination.....
09/12/2015
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09/01/2016
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
when did you submit your fingerprints and how long did it take end-to-end from submitting them to RCMP / accredited 3rd Party and IRCC receiving them?

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I phoned IRCC again this afternoon only to get to know that now its 27 months for processing the application, so I need to be patient. when I asked why others who applied after me and gave their citizenship test after me got their citizenship certificate - the answer was "every application is different. Your file is complete and you have wait for Calgary office to send you the invite".
Stone Cold Answer eh !

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Even though you are in Oct 2020 applicant - your processing time for BG completion is more or less the same as mine - Hoping the next few steps are quicker. I am really hoping that I do not have to give then another set of FP .. but quite sure they will ask for Passport Copies. I am thinking of just sending it to them via webform even before asking for it.

teacake

Oct 2, 2020
Update:

Location (city): Ottawa
App type (single or # of people): Single
Physical presence days: 1096
App sent date: 2020-09-26
App delivered date: 2020-10-02
AOR: 2021-01-20
Background verification updated: 2021-03-26
Received test invite: 2022-03-28
Test done: 2022-04-01

I did my test today, however, I had a windows popup in the bottom corner that said something irrelevant like 'connect your Microsoft devices' - I closed that immediately but then received a warning on the test that they detected that I opened up another application up. I clicked 'I'm back' on the test and proceeded. Hopefully, they accept my test result - I got 18/20.

rich980

Feb 1, 2021
when did you submit your fingerprints and how long did it take end-to-end from submitting them to RCMP / accredited 3rd Party and IRCC receiving them?
Why would they ask for fingerprint ? I mean I submitted application for my family of 4 and I don't think I submitted any fingerprint.