Interview........
27/02/2014
Passport Req..
14/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
22/09/2014
LANDED..........
31-Mar-2015
In Process since March 2, 2021. No update since then. No citizenship test or anything. Who else?

Reactions: Camilanogueira

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
Atlast April 23 status got updated to Nov 30, I got the test invite email today

I need to complete my citizenship test between Dec 6 to Dec 26th

I am flying to India today lol :) and will be back in January. What you guys suggest can i take the citizenship test from India? or do i need to reschedule it and need to take it from Canada itself.

Thanks in advance

Reactions: americanincanada

expressimmigrant

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017

I am flying to India today lol :) and will be back in January. What you guys suggest can i take the citizenship test from India? or do i need to reschedule it and need to take it from Canada itself.

Thanks in advance
In order to take the test from outside Canada, you have to contact IRCC with such. They include in the test invite letter how to contact them and what information you should provide

Leo_

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020

Thanks in advance
You need to be in Canada for take an exam. If you need to leave Canada, just one option existe it's a reschedule your exam.

jonIrenicus

Jul 24, 2020

Thanks in advance
I wouldn't risk trying to reschedule it, who knows people are talking about 6 months. I did take the test from outside of Canada, no issues so far.

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
I wouldn't risk trying to reschedule it, who knows people are talking about 6 months. I did take the test from outside of Canada, no issues so far.
awesome, I will reply to them as per the pdf details and will schedule the test outside Canada. already took lot of time to get the citizenship test invite.

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
what was the timeframe they accepted outside Canada citizenship test ? I mean how many days did it took for them to reply when you sent the request email. I sent mine today once i got the email invited. hoping I get reply in 2-3 days. that way i can prepare and write the exam.

strikeharsh

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Update:

rushed request for UP ( family member health)

case approved and completed everything on tracker 19th of Nov.

Sent UP request with proof a week ago.

scheduled for oath 11.27

Received citizenship Certificate today 12.02

Booked in person passport appointment at Scarborough passport office. ( also rushed request sent e service call back on 11.20 and receive call 11.24 got a date for 12.07)

I might try to walk in earlier dates if I finished my application form and photos.If they accept my walk in then I will give my spot 12.07 to people in need)

below is my timeline for earlier post:

Type of application: Individual
Physical Presence :760 (One year from previous WP and SP)
Application Sent : October 19, 2020
Application Delivered : October 26, 2020
AOR Recivied: Jan 29, 2021
In-Progress date: March 15, 2021
Test email Scheduled: Aug 13 2021
Test Completed: Sep 1, 2021
Test Status Updated: Sep 02, 2021

Last edited:
Reactions: Leo_

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
You need to be in Canada for take an exam. If you need to leave Canada, just one option existe it's a reschedule your exam.
They can take the test and the interview outside Canada. The only thing you must be in Canada for is the oath.

Leo_

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
They can take the test and the interview outside Canada. The only thing you must be in Canada for is the oath.
Probably conditions was changed recently, it seems to me when I passed my exam on August 2021, it was necessary to be in Canada.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Probably conditions was changed recently, it seems to me when I passed my exam on August 2021, it was necessary to be in Canada.
I believe it was allowed since earlier than August, but they have changed the wordings on the invite recently to explicitly say if you wish to do the test outside Canada instead of if you are outside Canada let us know. It's confusing, but it's IRCC :rolleyes:

UniqueCase

Jul 10, 2018
Test status was set to Complete exactly 3 months ago and no updates after that. Is this normal? Anyone from Mississauga office received updates recently after completing test?