+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

justanotherguy28

Star Member
Sep 28, 2021
Indeed, thank you very much!

At the moment I submitted travel evidence since that is what they asked for, and I did mention that people travelled with me and their passports could be checked if necessary. I'll see about bank statements. I can definitely show that I was back at some point, but i'll have to check if there are purchases for the exact dates.

I want to stay positive... but man, this year has been hard on so many levels...

Thanks for your reply!

When I was looking into CBSA ATIP, I saw a note about a 'highway passage report'.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/thr-rav-eng.html

Under: Getting your Travel History report

To get a highway passage report, provide the licence plate number and a copy of the vehicle's ownership. If you are not the owner, you will need to provide the CBSA with a BSF745 form completed by the owner of the vehicle.
If you used a personal vehicle for those trips that you are/were the owner of, you should be able to get this report.

If one of your friends was the owner, they should be able to help you complete this.

I'm assuming CBSA collects this data from the automatic plate readers installed at the border (similar to those used by local police departments). I'm not sure when they started recording this data but it's probably worth trying.

Reactions: Macarad

senru42

Aug 19, 2021
Got my oath ceremony on November 19,2021

few questions
After ceremony can I apply urgent request for my passport without proof of citizenship certificate? My trip coming soon in December 12 ,2021

Cdrocks89

Oct 19, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Visa Office......
Edmonton
I reached out to MP, last week got the reply which is the same as the IRCC web portal, Decision Made and Oath not Started

So I emailed the CIC Mississauga, yesterday and got the below reply today.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your application is in the queue to be scheduled for a ceremony. Once you have been scheduled, we will contact you by email.

Since the beginning of COVID-19, IRCC has been increasing its use of digital tools to process Citizenship grant applications. E-applications were implemented in November 2020 in a limited capacity, and other virtual tools have been implemented to move towards virtual processing to the extent possible.

Applications are processed utilizing a first-in first-out processing model, with a small number of the oldest e-applications being processed as well. This ensures that the oldest of paper applications are processed while also allowing the move towards online services. Service delivery and processing times may vary depending on the complexity of each individual case.

The pandemic has had a considerable impact on overall processing times and they may vary from location to location depending on local inventories. IRCC is closely monitoring processing times and is working towards decreasing them as quickly as possible

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you please tell me what Email address I use to contact them. I live in Edmonton. I guess I am in same boat as you.. everything is done.. waiting for oath date from past few months..

Thank you

Cdrocks89

Oct 19, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Can you please tell me what Email address I use to contact them. I live in Edmonton. I guess I am in same boat as you.. everything is done.. waiting for oath date from past few months..

Thank you

I reached out to MP, last week got the reply which is the same as the IRCC web portal, Decision Made and Oath not Started

So I emailed the CIC Mississauga, yesterday and got the below reply today.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your application is in the queue to be scheduled for a ceremony. Once you have been scheduled, we will contact you by email.

Since the beginning of COVID-19, IRCC has been increasing its use of digital tools to process Citizenship grant applications. E-applications were implemented in November 2020 in a limited capacity, and other virtual tools have been implemented to move towards virtual processing to the extent possible.

Applications are processed utilizing a first-in first-out processing model, with a small number of the oldest e-applications being processed as well. This ensures that the oldest of paper applications are processed while also allowing the move towards online services. Service delivery and processing times may vary depending on the complexity of each individual case.

The pandemic has had a considerable impact on overall processing times and they may vary from location to location depending on local inventories. IRCC is closely monitoring processing times and is working towards decreasing them as quickly as possible

Cdrocks89

Oct 19, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Visa Office......
Edmonton
I give in, I've already applied for PR card renewal last week (feb expiry) after waiting 4 months for an update on a 25 month application.

I don't even have half of the areas completed, even though they've been done for over a year - see above.
  • Language skills was done July 2019 - maybe it's expired by now ffs!!!!!
  • Physical presence was done at time of application and was almost a full year over the requirements!
  • Prohibitions I've had absolutely no change to my circumstances the ENTIRE 8 years I've been in Canada. In the same city. Absolutely no contact with police or RCMP.
    • I've even had maybe 5 police checks for various reasons since being here. Volunteer at a school, take a job involving vulnerable people, etc. I've had turn arounds on that within days.... why can't a federal office get this together at least?!
I will not hope or expect this to arrive any time soon but at least I'll have a PR card also on its way, just in case.

I'm deleting my bookmarks for CIC pages and will just forget it ever happened. If it comes, it comes. I'll just stay a permanent resident and be happy with it even if I never hear anything ever again.

Disgusting.

Dont worry.. I hope its gonna be done.. I am also from Edmonton.. And waiting for oath for past few months

CanDoIt

Apr 30, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014 Re-Applied: 20-08-2014
Nomination.....
09-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
Med's Request
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
25-03-2015 Third Line: 14-04-2015
Interview........
Waived By God's Grace!
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2015
LANDED..........
Late July or Early August
After more than two years, tomorrow I’m becoming a Canadian Citizen (fingers crossed). I got my notice to take the Oath of Citizenship a couple weeks ago on Oct 21 and my oath is tomorrow Nov 5 at 9am. My status online never changed to anything other than in progress and on Oct 21 it had an update with the notice to appear and the Ceremony step changed from “not started” to “in progress”.
Hey @artcam - did you get an email? how many after you noticed the change online did you get the email? I see the online status changed for me on Nov 4th and the invite is for Nov 23rd but I have not received any email yet.

Does anyone know if the email is delayed?

Wafa2020

Feb 3, 2020
Got my oath ceremony on November 19,2021

few questions
After ceremony can I apply urgent request for my passport without proof of citizenship certificate? My trip coming soon in December 12 ,2021
No you can't apply for passport without showing citizenship certificate. You have to mention certificate number on the form and date of issue.
I have received my certificate within a week after the oath ceremony. Complete your passport application ,fill out certificate number and date of issue when you receive the certificate and walk in to your nearest passport office really really early in the morning (3hrs before opening). And pay urgent fee you can get passport in few hours. I didnt paid urgent but i have received passport on 4th working day.

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
No you can't apply for passport without showing citizenship certificate. You have to mention certificate number on the form and date of issue.
I have received my certificate within a week after the oath ceremony. Complete your passport application ,fill out certificate number and date of issue when you receive the certificate and walk in to your nearest passport office really really early in the morning (3hrs before opening). And pay urgent fee you can get passport in few hours. I didnt paid urgent but i have received passport on 4th working day.
Hello Wafa

Did you have to book an appointment at the Passport office? And which passport office did you go to, if you don't mind me asking?

senru42

Aug 19, 2021
thanks for reply . I just afraid it won't be on time cause I am leaving at middle of Dec and I heard that right now certificate sending slowly . maybe I have to rescheduled.
thank you so much again

Wafa2020

Feb 3, 2020
Hello Wafa

Did you have to book an appointment at the Passport office? And which passport office did you go to, if you don't mind me asking?
I have tried to book online but didnt received their call back for appointment in 2 days . My friends in a local community fb group informed me that waiting period for appointments is 3 weeks so when i received the Citizenship certificate i went for walk in to Service Canada Surrey Central Mall.
Though on 3rd day i got a call to book an appointment by then i had already applied in- person.

I hope that helps.

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
I have tried to book online but didnt received their call back for appointment in 2 days . My friends in a local community fb group informed me that waiting period for appointments is 3 weeks so when i received the Citizenship certificate i went for walk in to Service Canada Surrey Central Mall.
Though on 3rd day i got a call to book an appointment by then i had already applied in- person.

I hope that helps.
Yes it does. Thank you very much.

fguy

Jan 2, 2020
Hi guys, I've just received new updates today:

Language skills: completed
Physical presence: completed (9/Nov)
Citizenship test: completed (8/Oct) - taken (3/Oct)
Background verification: completed (9/Nov)
Prohibitions: completed (9/Nov)
Citizenship ceremony: Not started

Last edited:

COOL_DUDE_CANADA

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Hi guys, I've just received new updates today:

Language skills: completed
Physical presence: completed (9/Nov)
Citizenship test: completed (3/Oct)
Background verification: completed (9/Nov)
Prohibitions: completed (9/Nov)
Citizenship ceremony: Not started
Hey which office ?? And wen was ur test done..