Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
it could be an error from IRCC. I'd check with them.
I am not sure if it's an error...

The trips they want information do check out (quick trips to the USA by land in 2015 and 2016), and I did travel to Asia in 2016, but not Hong Kong. I do not know if the specific dynamics between mainland China and Hong Kong may be part of the issue....

I am trying to track down all my flight itineraries and tickets to respond to all of their requests (including flights and travel outside my eligibility period because they are unable to read some stamps from 10 years ago), and I will definitely try calling them this week, you know... hoping they actually take my call. Webform is not an option as I need to submit everything in a few weeks and webform takes forever.

The only silver lining is that language requirements and prohibitions were updated to "Completed", physical presence still in progress because of this...

Dec2014NY

Dec 2, 2014
It doesn’t happen to everyone. I did my test 3 months before my husband.
Thanks for this input...so in your case, the status should have been changed at different dates for you and your husband right...would you mind letting me know when was DM made on your profile and is it different dates for you and your husband...

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
Thanks for this input...so in your case, the status should have been changed at different dates for you and your husband right...would you mind letting me know when was DM made on your profile and is it different dates for you and your husband...
My DM was almost 6 months ago, on April 29th. For him, no decision made yet (test completed on June 10th). Ridiculous.

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My DM was almost 6 months ago, on April 29th. For him, no decision made yet (test completed on June 10th). Ridiculous.
I just got my DM, I hope it won't be that crazy.... I've been busy with work so I kinda forgot to check the status lol

Reactions: Macarad

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not sure if it's an error...

The trips they want information do check out (quick trips to the USA by land in 2015 and 2016), and I did travel to Asia in 2016, but not Hong Kong. I do not know if the specific dynamics between mainland China and Hong Kong may be part of the issue....

I am trying to track down all my flight itineraries and tickets to respond to all of their requests (including flights and travel outside my eligibility period because they are unable to read some stamps from 10 years ago), and I will definitely try calling them this week, you know... hoping they actually take my call. Webform is not an option as I need to submit everything in a few weeks and webform takes forever.

The only silver lining is that language requirements and prohibitions were updated to "Completed", physical presence still in progress because of this...
Did you get a layover in Hong Kong?

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
Hey there
I am posting behalf of a friend here. He recently got married and has gotten his Oath invite for 5th November. Does he have to let CIC know the change in his marital status? I am assuming yes and if so - where does he make this change?

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
Hey there
I am posting behalf of a friend here. He recently got married and has gotten his Oath invite for 5th November. Does he have to let CIC know the change in his marital status? I am assuming yes and if so - where does he make this change?
I assume so, but I don’t know how exactly.

Reactions: ajtoronto

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
For those who have gotten their oath invites, did every one get a seat number? The instructions say you need one whereas I have it as blank in the invite.

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
Did you get a layover in Hong Kong?
Nope... did not even get close to that region hehe. I think I know how to "prove" I was not there. But I still find the request extremely weird.

Congrats on your DM!

My timeline is a bit similar to yours (except for the for test dates), and I think I would have gotten DM today had it not been for this additional request.

Hopefully oath ceremony is right around the corner for you! :)

millennial

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
Hey there

Yes! You have to report the change in marital status and upload the marriage certificate. I did the same a few months ago and they sent me an acknowledgement for the change and a congratulatory note.

The change can be submitted via the web form - https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

MIT19

Nov 30, 2019
My back home passport is expiring this month. While still wating for oath.
Should I renew the passport and inform the CIC?
Need advise.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
My back home passport is expiring this month. While still wating for oath.
Should I renew the passport and inform the CIC?
Need advise.
Has your oath been scheduled soon? If not, I would renew it as the oath may take months (some offices are booked until April 2022). No need to inform them about renewing your passport

Reactions: Macarad and JuCW