+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi everyone, I have a situation and need some advise. I applied for citizenship on Oct 24, 2019 ,my test was done in March 2021 and had 2nd FP request in May 2021. My background check was marked as complete on July 7. My PR card expired in Nov 2020(was hoping that I wouldn't have to renew it and will get citizenship before it expires but then covid hit us all). Now my company wants me to travel to US in September for work but I will not have a valid PR card when I return. Should I apply for PR card renewal or request IRCC to prioritize my citizenship application?
Thank you in advance for your valuable suggestions.
You can also apply for a PRTD.

i have relatives who applied for PR cards 4 months ago, still no AOR. That said, it wasn’t an urgent application.

Reactions: parrys198

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, I have a situation and need some advise. I applied for citizenship on Oct 24, 2019 ,my test was done in March 2021 and had 2nd FP request in May 2021. My background check was marked as complete on July 7. My PR card expired in Nov 2020(was hoping that I wouldn't have to renew it and will get citizenship before it expires but then covid hit us all). Now my company wants me to travel to US in September for work but I will not have a valid PR card when I return. Should I apply for PR card renewal or request IRCC to prioritize my citizenship application?
That won't be qualified for urgent processing. Talk to your manager at work to figure things out.

Reactions: parrys198

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
You can try applying for PR card renewal and request urgent processing for your renewal application. That might work. Provide proof (like a letter from your manager asking you to visit the US for work purposes in September).

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Like Raj mentioned apply for urgent processing as i have seen some note similar to it for expediting PR card.
Worst case, if you dont get PR card, try to travel by road while coming(from the border US city) so that you can enter Canada just with copr+passport.

sailorshinde

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Hey, I applied in October and right now have passed the test with the confirmation of test completion coming on the 2nd of this month. I wanted to know what would be the best way to asking for urgent processing. Will representing Canada at an international sporting event be considered as urgent?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Your travel doesn't require Canadian citizenship, so I don't think they would expedite your application for that reason.

I also don't think you can even get your PR card before September (it takes between 4-5 months to get the new card), unless you have a proof to submit with the renewal application. But even then, it's not guaranteed.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey, I applied in October and right now have passed the test with the confirmation of test completion coming on the 2nd of this month. I wanted to know what would be the best way to asking for urgent processing. Will representing Canada at an international sporting event be considered as urgent?
Yes, this might be considered a valid reason for urgent processing since you are representing Canada on an international level. It is up to IRCC to either approve or decline this request but it is certainly worth a try.

You can send a webform request clearly explain why you are requesting urgent processing and provide evidence (you can attach supporting documentation to the webform request) that you are representing Canada in an international sporting event.

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
Probably. I know someone who got a citizenship really fast just because canada wanted him to play for them (he didn’t, he ended up choosing his home country).

happy4u

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Citizenship application - for 2
Calgary, AB
Physical Presence: 1152
Application sent: Oct 27, 2019
Delivered: Oct 30, 2019
AOR: January 29, 2020
In Process- Feb 10 2020
Background verification completed- Feb 12 2020
Test invite: April 14 2021
Test completed: April 24 2021
Prohibition completed- July 16 2021
Physical presence completed- July 16 2021
Language skills completed- July 16 2021
Decision mada on ECAS on July 16 2021
Oath ceremony- Not started

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Citizenship application - for 2
Calgary, AB
Physical Presence: 1152
Application sent: Oct 27, 2019
Delivered: Oct 30, 2019
AOR: January 29, 2020
In Process- Feb 10 2020
Background verification completed- Feb 12 2020
Test invite: April 14 2021
Test completed: April 24 2021
Prohibition completed- July 16 2021
Physical presence completed- July 16 2021
Language skills completed- July 16 2021
Decision mada on ECAS on July 16 2021
Oath ceremony- Not started
I've updated the spreadsheet.

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
The status of the following, in the tracker, has been updated to COMPLETED:
- Physical presence
- Prohibitions
- Language skills

Citizenship ceremony - not started.

Can anyone tell me how long it takes usually after this step?

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
- Physical presence
- Prohibitions
- Language skills

Congratulations. When did you pass the test, and how long it took from that date to the last update you mentioned above?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
- Physical presence
- Prohibitions
- Language skills

Congrats, that's Decision Made.

I've updated the spreadsheet.

The timelines for oath are not very clear (and greatly varies between applicants). You might receive an oath date in a month or two.

Good luck and all the very best!

Reactions: ajtoronto