+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
hi guys,
is there any estimation time between test and ceremony?
it has been more than three months since I did my test (Feb21).
Thank you
I think they say 3 months in a pre-pandemic reality. But you can check the spreadsheet and see the average for others (don’t have the link, sorry). I always suggest people to call IRCC just to make sure everything is fine. If they say so, I don’t think there is much left for you to do (request GCMS notes, maybe?).

Reactions: samrahimica

taherkhan

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Hi, I just checked the status at the tracker. It's as follows:

You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on June 9, 2021.

Follow the instructions we sent to you for information on:

• how to attend the ceremony
  • what documents you have to present
The notice you’ll receive is the official confirmation of the appointment. If you haven’t received the notice by the date of the scheduled appointment, contact us.

But I have not received any information in my email yet. Does anyone know when will I receive the above information?

Also, please update the tracker :)

Reactions: mhd10

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi, I just checked the status at the tracker. It's as follows:

You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on June 9, 2021.

Follow the instructions we sent to you for information on:

• how to attend the ceremony
  • what documents you have to present
The notice you’ll receive is the official confirmation of the appointment. If you haven’t received the notice by the date of the scheduled appointment, contact us.

But I have not received any information in my email yet. Does anyone know when will I receive the above information?

Also, please update the tracker :)
depends on the local office. If you are SCR, should be this week, maybe even today. Other offices give a few days notice.

Reactions: taherkhan

taherkhan

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Scarborough, Toronto. Sorry, I forget non-locals may be unfamiliar with the abbreviations.

Not sure the exact timelines for Edmonton, but sometimes the location-specific threads are more helpful than these monthly ones, since times tend to vary per office.
Thanks a bunch and appreciated :)

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Yes, FPs are valid for 1 year.

If you gave FP before, and you have not been asked for FP yet, trust me you will have to do 2nd FP. Then read on....

If this applies to you, my advice, be proactive and do FP beforehand and get a copy of FP sent to yourself. When you get a FP request from IRCC, email them scan copy and ask if you can send original via courier ? This will fast track your application from in proces to decision made sooner.

If it does not apply to you, my apologies for wasting few minutes of useless reading
I noticed I have second FP request in new tracker and I have yet to receive the official FP email request. In order to do the second FP, don't you require the official IRCC request letter ?

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
In my tracker it says that they are still waiting for my documents even though I sent it to them.
Also, I got a citizenship invite with the following message:

Take the citizenship test
Citizenship test

Waiting on you
You have been scheduled to take the citizenship test online. Read the invitation you will receive carefully.

I have not received anything from them yet.

Question for the members here:
1. Do I send them the documents again?
2. Will they send an email in the next few days for my online test?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
In my tracker it says that they are still waiting for my documents even though I sent it to them.
Also, I got a citizenship invite with the following message:

Take the citizenship test
Citizenship test

Waiting on you
You have been scheduled to take the citizenship test online. Read the invitation you will receive carefully.

I have not received anything from them yet.

Question for the members here:
1. Do I send them the documents again?
2. Will they send an email in the next few days for my online test?
1. Not sure about the documents. The status should update after a few days AFAIK.
2. Yes, they'll send you an email for the online test in the next few days.

Reactions: ajtoronto

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thank You Raj

I was asked to send the documents in Jan and I sent it to them within 1 week. Would you suggest I send it again?
Hmmm that's weird. What documents were you requested?

The fact that you've received your test invite after that suggests that this is probably a system glitch. They might have received the documents but there might be a system glitch that is either not letting them update the status of the received document OR showing the incorrect information that you've still not sent the document.

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
Hmmm that's weird. What documents were you requested?

The fact that you've received your test invite after that suggests that this is probably a system glitch. They might have received the documents but there might be a system glitch that is either not letting them update the status of the received document OR showing the incorrect information that you've still not sent the document.
They had requested my i94 and pages of my passport.
I will try and reach out to reconfirm. Thanks again, Raj!

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram