Passport Req..
07/08/2015
VISA ISSUED...
20/08/2015
LANDED..........
April 2016
Hello Folks,

I have few questions if someone can answer

My PR card and my son's will expire eon June 6, 2021 ( after a week ). I completed test on May 25 and my file shows test completed.
Do I need to renew my PR for oath ceremony ?

Also, my son's ( he is a minor ) foreign passport has expired, do i need to renew it to complete the oath ceremony ?

I filed my minor son's application a month after mine, will IRCC link his file with my file automatically as he is not requiredto give test.

Thank you.

bp18

Sep 4, 2012
Congratulations!! Happy for you and all the best to you for your next steps :)

Could you also share your timeline?
Looking at your other posts, I am assuming you wrote the test on Feb 24th.
If you can also share the date when your status changed to "Decision Made" (in old eCAS) or when you see all your other checks completed (in new tracker).

Did you have to undergo an interview before Oath invite? Or you received Oath invite without interview?

I am sorry but could not recall all dates, I passed test on 28th Feb but then didn't check status until after 4 to 5 weeks. I could see from this thread, its been taking this long for next steps. I created new ECAS account in mid May when most were checked.
No interview request yet, but Oath is booked.
I hope this helps.

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019
I am sorry but could not recall all dates, I passed test on 28th Feb but then didn't check status until after 4 to 5 weeks. I could see from this thread, its been taking this long for next steps. I created new ECAS account in mid May when most were checked.
No interview request yet, but Oath is booked.
I hope this helps.

Thank you!!

As such I know each case is different, its just that after waiting and waiting and waiting, we just try to establish some pattern and hope that our case will get its turn in the same pattern.
You can get the dates when the other checks were completed, from the "Application History" section in new Status Tracking tool, if you can share those.

Ahmed15

Jul 7, 2015
Canada
Thank you!!

As such I know each case is different, its just that after waiting and waiting and waiting, we just try to establish some pattern and hope that our case will get its turn in the same pattern.
You can get the dates when the other checks were completed, from the "Application History" section in new Status Tracking tool, if you can share those.
Just to give you some visibility, I wrote my test on March 7th and passed March 8th. No update since then. Scarborough applicant.

So sit tight please, its a long queue :)

barunk19

Star Member
Jun 17, 2015
Hello All, I received my citizenship certificate today. My oath date - 19th May 2021. Thanks all for your help. Wish everyone all the best!!

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
How long it usually takes from getting the finger print done from the agency to reaching out to IRCC?
2-3 weeks. And, officially, it can take another month for IRCC do update your application with the FP report. But I’d say it doesn’t take that long. Maybe 1-2 weeks more.

Reactions: engrdani

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hello Folks,

I have few questions if someone can answer

My PR card and my son's will expire eon June 6, 2021 ( after a week ). I completed test on May 25 and my file shows test completed.
Do I need to renew my PR for oath ceremony ?

Also, my son's ( he is a minor ) foreign passport has expired, do i need to renew it to complete the oath ceremony ?

I filed my minor son's application a month after mine, will IRCC link his file with my file automatically as he is not requiredto give test.

Thank you.
You should have valid identification for the ceremony to avoid issues and confusion(like for one person delay during that day as per post by that member). So if you dont have any other valid ID then its better to get pr card renewed to avoid issues at the last minute.

If he require to attend oath then i assume same as above(i dont what they ask for them for 14&above).

call the call center and find out before its too late.

--------------- Oath email specifying list of documents which i noted for my reference from a post in this forum---------------------------------------
- Have the following documents/objects available beside you for registration:

ü Permanent resident card if you have one (even if it’s expired) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM5292 or IMM5688) and a good pair of scissors.
NOTE: You (and your family members) will be asked to cut up the Permanent Resident card(s) on screen during the ceremony. If your Permanent resident card was lost, stolen, destroyed or never received, complete the Solemn Declaration form and return it to us at this e-mail address immediately.

ü Record of Landing (IMM 1000) if you became a permanent resident before June 28, 2002.

ü 2 pieces of personal identification (ID): one must have your photograph and signature on it, e.g. driver’s license, health card - Minors are not required to show identification with a signature.

NOTE: You will be asked to show these on screen for identification purposes. If you have a face covering, you will be asked to removing it during registration for identity verification.

ü [If applicable] If you are the parent/guardian who submitted/signed the application on behalf of a minor child, your Personal identification (ID) will also be required.

ü A printed copy (unsigned) of the Oath or Affirmation of Citizenship form (attached to this e-mail) and a BLACK INK PEN.
NOTE: You will be asked to sign and date the form in front of the presiding official after the Closing Remarks – this form confirms the Oath has been recited and the effective date of Canadian citizenship. This form must be signed and dated by you at both places indicated on the form on the same day you recite the Oath. OR If you prefer, you can sign the form electronically after the ceremony (instructions attached) and e-mail it back to IRCC immediately following the ceremony. DO NOT SIGN THIS FORM BEFORE TAKING THE OATH OF CITIZENSHIP.

ü optional: a holy book, of your choice, if you want to use one to swear the Oath of Citizenship

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
Yes, i received an email last week, booked for next Monday.
Fyi, my status got updated before i received email.
Congratulations!

Jan 5, 2020
In some of my messages, I tried to suggest people to post general questions in general threads and to do some minimal search on google before asking questions. Why are my messages removed? Is it forbidden to make such suggestions? Isn't the main goal of this topic discussion of progress in applications processing of Oct 2019 applicants?

Reactions: bellaluna

samrahimica

Jun 1, 2021
hi guys,
is there any estimation time between test and ceremony?
it has been more than three months since I did my test (Feb21).
Thank you