File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Fingerprints done today. Hope IRCC get them soon, but I don’t think it’ll happen before my interview next week.
Oh great update ! Did you get additional copy sent to yourself? RCMP take 2 weeks to send FP result and then IRCC about 2 weeks to have received them and update to client file.

In case if you have requested your own copy, which in my case was received in 3 weeks (from FP date) whilst IRCC was not received for another 2 weeks from that point, can then be forwarded to IRCC.

Good luck with the interview. Do let officer know that you have already done FP.

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
Oh great update ! Did you get additional copy sent to yourself? RCMP take 2 weeks to send FP result and then IRCC about 2 weeks to have received them and update to client file.

In case if you have requested your own copy, which in my case was received in 3 weeks (from FP date) whilst IRCC was not received for another 2 weeks from that point, can then be forwarded to IRCC.

Good luck with the interview. Do let officer know that you have already done FP.
I asked about getting a copy and they said I’d have to pay for it if I wanted. I preferred not to. Did you have to pay for the extra copy?

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
I asked about getting a copy and they said I’d have to pay for it if I wanted. I preferred not to. Did you have to pay for the extra copy?
I did. Yes I felt a dent on my already empty wallet. However, it came in handy when RCMP said they sent FP 2 weeks ago and IRCC was not able to track it. I had to sent my copy to move on.

I highly suggest you to have 2nd copy sent to yourself. It will be way faster to get it to you (RCMP creates batches and wait many weeks before dispatching mail vs individual requests are sent as they come across). Worth a pain !

Reactions: JuCW

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
I did. Yes I felt a dent on my already empty wallet. However, it came in handy when RCMP said they sent FP 2 weeks ago and IRCC was not able to track it. I had to sent my copy to move on.

I highly suggest you to have 2nd copy sent to yourself. It will be way faster to get it to you (RCMP creates batches and wait many weeks before dispatching mail vs individual requests are sent as they come across). Worth a pain !
Oh boy! I should’ve done that. But let’s hope for the best and the quickest.

Reactions: adey786

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Oh boy! I should’ve done that. But let’s hope for the best and the quickest.
All the very best.

Send email to RCMP (your agency would have given you DCN number and email address of RCMp) end of next week,may be Friday morning and ask for update. When sending email to RCMP, you will have to mention following details (that is how I was sending to RCMp) simply asking to confirm *when Fingerprint results were mailed out to IRCC Vancouver office at ....(address)*

1- Purpose of application: Citizenship Application
2- Full Name
3- Date of Birth
4- Current residential address
5- DCN number:
6- Citizenship application number:
7- Name of agency (where you did test) and telephone number
8- Address to which FP mail will be sent (this will be your Vancouver office address).

Good luck.

Reactions: JuCW

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
All the very best.

Send email to RCMP (your agency would have given you DCN number and email address of RCMp) end of next week,may be Friday morning and ask for update. When sending email to RCMP, you will have to mention following details (that is how I was sending to RCMp) simply asking to confirm *when Fingerprint results were mailed out to IRCC Vancouver office at ....(address)*

1- Purpose of application: Citizenship Application
2- Full Name
3- Date of Birth
4- Current residential address
5- DCN number:
6- Citizenship application number:
7- Name of agency (where you did test) and telephone number
8- Address to which FP mail will be sent (this will be your Vancouver office address).

Good luck.
Thank you!

Reactions: adey786

Apaci7

Oct 3, 2019
Hi Guys, finally received some news:

Yesterday March 31st received an email for a second fingerprint request. Last time they asked me for one was in Feb 2020.
Today April 1st received an email to take the online test, window to take the take is between April 5th-25th.

Wishing everyone the best of luck with their applications.

callixtus

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Update:

Today I became a Canadian citizen!
Just finished my virtual citizenship ceremony this morning. The entire event only took about 40 minutes for me (unlike the 1.5 hours+ I heard from others in the forum). I guess the shortened time was helped by the 6 IRCC officials which sped up the document checks. There were about 22+ oath takers in my ceremony.

Best of luck to everyone! You too will reach this point soon.

Now, I wait to receive the citizenship certificate so that I can send my passport application...

Ani_Canada

Jun 22, 2017
Update:

Just finished my virtual citizenship ceremony this morning. The entire event only took about 40 minutes for me (unlike the 1.5 hours+ I heard from others in the forum). I guess the shortened time was helped by the 6 IRCC officials which sped up the document checks. There were about 22+ oath takers in my ceremony.

Now, I wait to receive the citizenship certificate so that I can send my passport application...
Congrats . Time was less due to less participants . On 30th , I had like 47 + oath takers.. :) . Now let's wait for certificate. Hope we will get it soon... ;)

Reactions: callixtus

V.Kartal

Jan 10, 2021
Update:

Congrats!

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Update:

Congratulations my friend!

Your journey as Permanent Resident is over and at the same time a new journey begins as Canadian Citizen. ! All the very best.

Coeal

Mar 31, 2021
Citizenship application: Family
Application sent: October,17
Expected Delivery: Oct. 21
Started processing: February,3
Would you please add me and send me link to check my status

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi