17-JYLY, 2015
LANDED..........
26 JULY 2015

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Thank you to everyone on the citizenship forum and in particular this group, that has been so helpful, encouraging and supportive! I will be hanging out in family sponsorships, but you guys are my peeps and I'm sitting here with my pom poms, dear October 2019 applicants, to cheer and celebrate for you when you become Canadian.

Bless you all! <3

saiphanendra

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
Thank you to everyone on the citizenship forum and in particular this group, that has been so helpful, encouraging and supportive! I will be hanging out in family sponsorships, but you guys are my peeps and I'm sitting here with my pom poms, dear October 2019 applicants, to cheer and celebrate for you when you become Canadian.

Bless you all! <3
congratulations.

• Love
Reactions: his*marty

petrtr

Feb 10, 2021
Did you guys get any sort of confirmation from the officer after sending additional documents and Microsoft Teams consent before the interview? Just an acknowledgement of receiving the email would be fine but didn't get any yet.

arc_1090

Star Member
Sep 4, 2015
Did you guys get any sort of confirmation from the officer after sending additional documents and Microsoft Teams consent before the interview? Just an acknowledgement of receiving the email would be fine but didn't get any yet.
Yes I did get acknowledgement in my case that required files were received, I guess depends on officer? Or workload? Maybe?

Reactions: petrtr

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi fam, just a quick update on my application - I just received my fingerprint request from Vancouver office. I have 90 days to respond.
Bad news is I was arrested for criminal harassment(summary offence) a few months ago as my ex lied to the police and said he was fear of his children's safety. I have requested to have my charge withdrawn but it's still pending on Crown's decision.
Should I wait till my charge dropped or send the fingerprints anyway and explain the situation to the IRCC office?
I will contact the Vancouver office tomorrow regardless.

battaa

Mar 11, 2015
we received decision made on my wife citizenship application kn 16th feb its almost 3 weeks now...how ling does take to get oath ceremony

her aor is october 2019
exam march 2020
they asked for additional documents for entry on october 2020

decision made 2021 feb 16th

callixtus

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
I had my Oath Ceremony this morning and I am a CANADIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It only took me 35 years, 7 months, 2 weeks and 4 days!!! LOL!!

I became a Canadian with 25 other people from Winnipeg and area, from 7 different countries on International Women's Day.

Just a note to all, because I was panicked... my ceremony was scheduled for 9:45 and I waited for 30 minutes waiting in the "waiting room" and I thought something was wrong... I was really starting to get anxious. But, they are checking identifications one by one so it takes them some time to get to the oath.
Congratulations! :)

• Love

callixtus

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Hi fam, just a quick update on my application - I just received my fingerprint request from Vancouver office. I have 90 days to respond.
Bad news is I was arrested for criminal harassment(summary offence) a few months ago as my ex lied to the police and said he was fear of his children's safety. I have requested to have my charge withdrawn but it's still pending on Crown's decision.
Should I wait till my charge dropped or send the fingerprints anyway and explain the situation to the IRCC office?
I will contact the Vancouver office tomorrow regardless.
I am sorry to hear this. Tough situation!

I think when you are faced with this kind of scenario, it will be best to get advice from a good/competent immigration lawyer and/or criminal defense lawyer.

My opinion (I am not a lawyer, this does not constitute as an advice, and so please take this comment lightly) is that it is always best to come clean and be honest with it. You might want to fight off the charges first and clear your name before requesting an FP result. If you proceed with FP and later on IRCC finds out that you have a pending criminal case, IRCC can delay their decision on your citizenship application or decide that you are ineligible and will ask you to wait X years to become eligible again and then re-apply again, at which point you might have to go through another round of waiting 1+ years.

If you have good lawyers and can clear your charges quickly within the 90-day period then that will be good for you. If the legal process would take more than 90 days to clear your charges, then at this point you might have to inform the IRCC about your situation that you will not be able to provide the FP results within the 90 day period. You might want to ask for extension at that point and IRCC will decide if they will give you an extension or not.

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I think when you are faced with this kind of scenario, it will be best to get advice from a good/competent immigration lawyer and/or criminal defense lawyer.

My opinion (I am not a lawyer, this does not constitute as an advice, and so please take this comment lightly) is that it is always best to come clean and be honest with it. You might want to fight off the charges first and clear your name before requesting an FP result. If you proceed with FP and later on IRCC finds out that you have a pending criminal case, IRCC can delay their decision on your citizenship application or decide that you are ineligible and will ask you to wait X years to become eligible again and then re-apply again, at which point you might have to go through another round of waiting 1+ years.

If you have good lawyers and can clear your charges quickly within the 90-day period then that will be good for you. If the legal process would take more than 90 days to clear your charges, then at this point you might have to inform the IRCC about your situation that you will not be able to provide the FP results within the 90 day period. You might want to ask for extension at that point and IRCC will decide if they will give you an extension or not.
Hey, thank you very much for your input. I already emailed the Vancouver office regarding on the situation :(
My lawyer said I could sign a 6 month peace bond with my ex then will be no criminal records. And I actually have been assaulted and didn’t stalk him and his kids. But since he called the police first so I remained silent. And I have submitted my evidence to the crown so I will wait. Domestic violence cases are very bias and in favour of the complaints all the time, especially they have kids.Honestly I don’t wanna sign peace bond at all... but it could get this resolved within 90 days. I hope my application won’t be dragged for too long but who knows...

twrooney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019

I will second this. Before taking your next step, you should consult lawyer. They might have run the background checks against your name and something must have come up that triggered FP. If you call them and tell them your situation, they will notify the officer immediately and that can cause a lot of problem. You have to be really careful here. All the best

Reactions: wstrn24

twrooney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Hey, thank you very much for your input. I already emailed the Vancouver office regarding on the situation :(
My lawyer said I could sign a 6 month peace bond with my ex then will be no criminal records. And I actually have been assaulted and didn’t stalk him and his kids. But since he called the police first so I remained silent. And I have submitted my evidence to the crown so I will wait. Domestic violence cases are very bias and in favour of the complaints all the time, especially they have kids.Honestly I don’t wanna sign peace bond at all... but it could get this resolved within 90 days. I hope my application won’t be dragged for too long but who knows...
As you have made the move then let's see what is the outcome. I would suggest that you order the GCMS Notes as soon as possible to know what happened to your file till date. You might find something very useful

Reactions: wstrn24

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will second this. Before taking your next step, you should consult lawyer. They might have run the background checks against your name and something must have come up that triggered FP. If you call them and tell them your situation, they will notify the officer immediately and that can cause a lot of problem. You have to be really careful here. All the best
I believe the police have reported to immigration when they arrested me... they asked me which border when landed as PR :(
But then the officer told me that this won’t impact my citizenship application as it’s a summary offence. My lawyer is a criminal defence lawyer not an immigration lawyer and he recommended me to sign a peace bond to avoid trial. I personally want a trial but it may take longer.

Reactions: twrooney

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As you have made the move then let's see what is the outcome. I would suggest that you order the GCMS Notes as soon as possible to know what happened to your file till date. You might find something very useful
Thanks. I already did. I should be able to get it next month. I also found out a little trick - if I order the notes today and order it on a later date before receiving it, the notes will be updated to the second date that I order instead of the first date.

Reactions: twrooney