+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

MIT19

Nov 30, 2019
Incredible news. I just received an email for my wife to attend a zoom meeting for an oath of citizenship on Monday February 22nd. We are so excited. My wife is over 55 so she does not have to sit for the exam.
What was age of your wife when she sent the citizenship application?

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
I want to undestand if the test will be exempted if applicant turns above 55 duruning processing of application?
I am pretty sure that you have to be 55 or more at the time you sign your application to get an exemption.

Rusty-53

Jul 3, 2019
What was age of your wife when she sent the citizenship application?
My wife was 55 years plus 4 days when we applied. The applicant must be 55 at the time the application is submitted. We actually waited an extra year so that my wife would not have to sit for the exam. Her English is very good but reading and writing English can be a challenge for her at times. I did not want to see her sit for an exam that was going to be hard for her; so we waited.

gilex

Jul 29, 2020
Just a quick update: my wife took the exam in late January and subsequently received an interview request for Feb 17. The interview was via MS Teams, quite a straightforward process. She was told that an additional CIC personnel will need to review her application. Interviewing officer mentioned that she should be seeing an Oath invitation in 2-3 weeks. We are based in TO, interview was with an officer from the Scarborough office (who was very courteous and quite pleasant to deal with)

Mercedes++

Oct 5, 2019
Just find that someone from Montreal here took a test on December 2020? Any other folks from Quebec? I have been invited for test in Feb 2020 then it got cancelled and nothing since then. My thought was that Quebec offices were not open? Anyone can relate?

llgn_sp

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Scarborough
Completed my virtual interview yesterday as planned. I checked eCAS this morning and it changed to Decision Made! Fingers crossed for oath email!
Please update tracker.
A question: does anyone know if we can invite people to the virtual oath ceremony, please?

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Completed my virtual interview yesterday as planned. I checked eCAS this morning and it changed to Decision Made! Fingers crossed for oath email!
Please update tracker.
A question: does anyone know if we can invite people to the virtual oath ceremony, please?
Yes, I am really curious about this too, especially if they need to zoom in from another location?