File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
My fp expired on Jan 28 they didn’t ask me for new one it seems like Saskatoon office is not really working on applications bcz I ordered my gcms notes back in aug 2020 they just did the criminal check nothing eles on my file and then I ordered another one jan 7 2021 both are same no I didn’t see any movement it’s just frustrating

I guess you have not received a test invite....right? Send a webform and ask for update....anyone who looks at your file will see that FP has expired..naturally you would get a FP request because that would be an easy win

Once you do FP...follow 2 copy rule (I explained above to fast track receipt of FP and possibly the test invite).

All the best.

engrdani

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
An update from me. Early today, I was finally happy to see an email from IRCC only to read that they were asking for another set of fingerprints!!! It's so frustrating! I thought the next email would be an oath invitation, but it was not.

By my reckoning, I already submitted my FP on Feb 11, 2020. And guess what date I received the second FP request? Yep. Feb 11, 2021!

So it looks like the FP results do expire 1 year later after which, if IRCC has not made any decision on your application yet, and your FP results have expired or surpassed over a year, they will happily request for another FP. It would have been fine for me if it were not for the pandemic but the local RCMP where I live now requires setting up appointments for FP taking and will not accept walk-in FP requests. So I am at the mercy of the local RCMP when it comes to FP appointment scheduling - hopefully their appointment slots are not heavily booked. And this will be additional $$$ cost to the application, not to mention I had to renew my PR card only to destroy it after the oath ceremony.

I am so annoyed! This pandemic has thrown a wrecking ball on everyone's timelines.

Advice to everyone in the same/similar situation:

1. Be aware of the expiration of your FP results. If you received an FP request from IRCC over a year ago, they will most likely request for another one before they do a "Decision Made".

2. When you receive the Invitation to take the citizenship test, please do so ASAP and don't delay. My test window was from JAN 19 to FEB 08. However, I took the test only on JAN 23, four days later, in order to give myself some time to prepare and review. I am now wondering if it would make any difference had I taken the test on JAN 19. Maybe the IRCC officer could have reviewed my case well before Feb 11 and can press the button for "Decision Made" and would make this journey complete for me by now.
I am also with the same timeline as yours, my online test was done on Jan 25 and yesterday my FP have expired, so i might also be looking to receive the same email to refresh my FP........we can do nothing but just wait.....and wait.....wait

qew986

Apr 8, 2020
Received my "Decision Made" today. Just curious now with the virtual oath ceremony, are they still collecting PR card...?

popoxee

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seeing so many people getting tests and even oath makes me so frustrated too. I sent in Sep 2019 and received in Oct, and now still no test invite.

Reactions: Toronto*_*Guy

callixtus

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Yes but good thing is: you got a request just in time! Imagine officer kept sleeping for another 6 months, you were hoping to get an Oath invite, but to your surprise you would need a new FP to move on to next step.

Having seen your case,I have also raised a webform asking for update on my file. My FP expiring on 20th (my understanding that it expires when RCMP issued it, but the agent I spoke to today said she isn't sure if 12 months is from IRCC receipt date of FP, which in my case is 2 March). In any case, I am ready to do FP when they look at my webform next week.

You should request 2 copies of FP. One addressed to IRCC,other to yourself. Once you get your copy, send this 2nd copy to IRCC through webform (explain that RCMP copy is in transit, but here is your copy) so they can resume work on your file.
This is good advice. Thanks!

callixtus

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
I mean that I haven’t got an invite for a test yet when our dates are almost the same
Do you know if it matters where you apply from?
I do not think so. I think the IRCC office processing your application would matter more than where you are residing or sending your application from.

kuansari01

Nov 7, 2019
Hi,

This is a very nice forum, can the admin please add me;

Residing in : Mississauga
Type: Family (Me & my Wife)
Days within eligibility: 1137 & 1108
Applied: October 19, 2019
Day received: October 23, 2019
Hi Admin,

I just noticed that the excel file was not updated with my latest info, can you kindly update the following;

In process ecas: January 31, 2020

Reactions: callixtus