+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
Hello Guys, How I can Come to know that which location office is handling my file? like Vancouver, Manitoba etc.. I am based in Edmonton and we have family file.

And I also want to provide my details for this forum.. How I can do that.. ??
To know your office, as far as I know, you have to call IRCC. That’s how I found out about mine.

amanpreet.kaur01

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Edmonton,Ab
App. Filed.......
June17,2019
AOR Received.
13-04-2020
Hello Guys, How I can Come to know that which location office is handling my file? like Vancouver, Manitoba etc.. I am based in Edmonton and we have family file.

I came to know about that after I call the agent as well as this is mentioned on GCMS notes I ordered

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM

For citizenship applications it's sent to your local visa office, so whatever major city is nearest you. I'm in Winnipeg, so my VO is Winnipeg.

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
For citizenship applications it's sent to your local visa office, so whatever major city is nearest you. I'm in Winnipeg, so my VO is Winnipeg.
There are cities with more than one office, if I’m not mistaken. And, sometimes, it’s not simple to assume which office is. In my case, I live in Vaughan, in the GTA. My application was sent to Missisuaga, and not to Toronto as I would assume.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
There are cities with more than one office, if I’m not mistaken. And, sometimes, it’s not simple to assume which office is. In my case, I live in Vaughan, in the GTA. My application was sent to Missisuaga, and not to Toronto as I would assume.
I understand when you live in and around bigger cities... but it will be the VO nearest you...meaning if I'm in Winnipeg it's not being processed in Vancouver.

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
I understand when you live in and around bigger cities... but it will be the VO nearest you...meaning if I'm in Winnipeg it's not being processed in Vancouver.
In this example, of course not. But Toronto is closer than Mississauga. What I am trying to say is, the only way to be sure is asking them.

Reactions: his*marty

kaustubh_51

Star Member
Dec 2, 2014
Vancouver, BC
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
15-05-2016
Jan 4th test complete, Jan 22nd oath ceremony! This is very fast! Congrats!

Were you asked to provide them a scanned copy of passport stamps or something btw?
@qew986 i was not asked for any documents since the test invite or test. I was asked for a fingerprint/criminality check back January last year(2020), no document request since then.

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good Morning everyone.
Did anyone who is assigned to Mississauga IRCC office get a test invite?
If yes, then is it the second invite post cancellation of a first time invite ?

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
Good Morning everyone.
Did anyone who is assigned to Mississauga IRCC office get a test invite?
If yes, then is it the second invite post cancellation of a first time invite ?
Good question. I’m assigned to Mississauga and nothing so far.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Guys, there is an update on IRCC website that specifically requests applicants whose oath ceremonies were cancelled in March because of COVID-19 to send a request through webform. This might speed up the process a little bit and you might receive your oath invite if you contact them.

Here's what it says :

Contact us through the Web form if you

• had a ceremony scheduled on or before March 15, 2020, and
  • haven’t received an invitation for a video oath ceremony.
Here's the link : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

Choose the following options :

1. What did you apply for? = Citizenship
2. Which citizenship application? (required) = Becoming a Canadian Citizen (grant of Citizenship)
3. Click on 'Video oath ceremony (virtual citizenship ceremony)'

Reactions: kaustubh_51

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
I got an email from IRCC with some additional documents request.
They have asked for my travel history to and from the US. However, when I try to find my i94 details (travel history) it says ' No record found' which is strange because i have made multiple trips to the US (before covid) and I was able to get an i94 at the time of submission.

Anyone else faced similar challenge? Should I just resubmit my old document from 2019 (I havent made any more trips after I submitted my citizenship application).

Please help!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I got an email from IRCC with some additional documents request.
They have asked for my travel history to and from the US. However, when I try to find my i94 details (travel history) it says ' No record found' which is strange because i have made multiple trips to the US (before covid) and I was able to get an i94 at the time of submission.

Anyone else faced similar challenge? Should I just resubmit my old document from 2019 (I havent made any more trips after I submitted my citizenship application).

Please help!
When did you receive this request? Also, could you please tell us what other documents were requested?