October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

kaustubh_51

Star Member
Dec 2, 2014
Vancouver, BC
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
15-05-2016
Just finished my Online Citizenship Test! I unofficially got 19/20. Good luck and thank you everyone!! :)

I studied from the below links, i recommend everyone preparing for the test to read the Discover Canada study guide a couple of times minimum before the test.

Discover Canada Study Guide:

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/pub/discover.pdf

Practice Test:
https://citizenshiptests.org/tests/canadian-citizenship-test/

Android Apps i used for practice:
Canadian Citizenship Practice Test
Canadian Citizenship Test 2021
Canadian Citizenship Test 2020

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
It's online, so not sure why it would matter. Manitoba has been in code red (essential only) lockdown for 2 months now.
Problem is that even if the test is online there's got to be a physical someone in the office to touch your case and trigger the event... As stupid as it sounds... Your application was a paper one, so I doubt IRCC is taking boxes of docs home to work from there. So if (and that's an 'if') IRCC in Toronto and the GTA is in lockdown they are still doing nothing to get on with online testing.

Last edited:

callixtus

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Just finished my Online Citizenship Test! I unofficially got 19/20. Good luck and thank you everyone!! :)

I studied from the below links, i recommend everyone preparing for the test to read the Discover Canada study guide a couple of times minimum before the test.

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/pub/discover.pdf

Practice Test:

Updated. Congratulations!

Reactions: kaustubh_51

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Problem is that even if the test is online there's got to be a physical someone in the office to touch your case and trigger the event... As stupid as it sounds... Your application was a paper one, so I doubt IRCC is taking boxes of docs home to work from there. So if (and that's an 'if') IRCC in Toronto and the GTA is in lockdown they are still doing nothing to get on with online testing.
Well, it's been in process as of January 22, 2019. I doubt they are lugging paper files anywhere and I'm sure they scan stuff in to an electronic format when compiling our cases. I didn't think any files get transferred to local offices where we reside... I thought it was a centralized process. Like I said, Manitoba has been in a code red lockdown since the beginning of November, before online testing was even announced.

ETA: Again, I'm in Manitoba, lockdown and have done my test online. So, I'm saying I don't agree with the rumour of not testing due to lockdown.

Last edited:
Reactions: btoronto

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM

Practice Test:

Congrats! The study guide is really the best material for studying is all I can say. :)

Reactions: kaustubh_51

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Well, it's been in process as of January 22, 2019. I doubt they are lugging paper files anywhere and I'm sure they scan stuff in to an electronic format when compiling our cases. I didn't think any files get transferred to local offices where we reside... I thought it was a centralized process. Like I said, Manitoba has been in a code red lockdown since the beginning of November, before online testing was even announced.

ETA: Again, I'm in Manitoba, lockdown and have done my test online. So, I'm saying I don't agree with the rumour of not testing due to lockdown.
You can agree or disagree, but the mere fact is that tests are not conducted at the pace they were advertised back on Nov 26 with 5 thousand online tests promised by the end of 2020 for those already scheduled back in March as well as urgent ones. I merely don't see any GTA or Toronto ones. Whatever the reason is they (IRCC) are again proving their ability to promise and inability to deliver.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
You can agree or disagree, but the mere fact is that tests are not conducted at the pace they were advertised back on Nov 26 with 5 thousand online tests promised by the end of 2020 for those already scheduled back in March as well as urgent ones. I merely don't see any GTA or Toronto ones. Whatever the reason is they (IRCC) are again proving their ability to promise and inability to deliver.
Only a small percentage of people who are going through the process are posting publicly on forums and 5000 is not a great deal so there is no way to ascertain what you are saying. Again, you are blaming the lockdown and I'm telling you that's unlikely because I'm in Manitoba and have been in lockdown for 2 months already. Furthermore, there was someone who posted here that said there was a Toronto friend that did their online test. I haven't seen anyone else in Manitoba take one, so does that mean I'm the only Manitoban that did one? No - I can't know because not everyone going through the process is posting in public about it... as a matter of fact the amount that do is miniscule compared to the amount of applicants.

Reactions: btoronto

Ahmed15

Jul 7, 2015
Canada
This is not right, lol. Do you think officers carry bundle of papers with them when reviewing the files?

Once you get an AOR, your files have already been scanned to soft copies and hence if you have ever ordered notes, it would show how the files are transferred frequently between offices and officers. Its all scanned documents.

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
This is not right, lol. Do you think officers carry bundle of papers with them when reviewing the files?

Once you get an AOR, your files have already been scanned to soft copies and hence if you have ever ordered notes, it would show how the files are transferred frequently between offices and officers. Its all scanned documents.
Now something that makes sense. :D

Reactions: his*marty

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019

Well then why are you still here waiting for your invite?

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
Well then why are you still here waiting for your invite?
Because there is only so many tests they can handle. They need to check IDs, for example, double check tests results, hold online citizenship ceremonies, issue citizenship certificates (which obviously has to be in person). In my case, IRCC confirmed by phone everything is ok, all documents are ok, FP are ok. The only thing missing is the test. And I’m still waiting. If it was just a matter of sending online test invite, ignoring everything else, I should’ve received mine as soon as they started.

amanpreet.kaur01

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Edmonton,Ab
App. Filed.......
June17,2019
AOR Received.
13-04-2020
I am October 2, 2019 applicant , file in process since Jan 30,2020 , fingerprint request Feb 6 and provided nothing after that. They say the file is in Edmonton office. What is the hold off????