+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

natashagils

Apr 4, 2022
It's possible. IRCC is known for their disorganization. Someone waited 2 years for the oath. They were scheduled the first time just before the pandemic (Jan 2020), and rescheduled it, and just recently was rescheduled by IRCC. The frustrating thing is that no one can touch IRCC and influence them. Just recently a news report was published on IRCC's conduct, and many MPs and immigration lawyers said it's difficult to get hold of IRCC affairs and conduct. The report was focusing on racism and how employees biases are contributing to the backlog by intentionally delaying applications.
wow, do you have a link to that report? and I'm not surprised at all.

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019

Triet

Mar 14, 2022
I called IRCC several times, and got the same answer I have to wait, but there was an agent told me that my background check has expired wait for them to renew the new one , next day I call and another agent told me that my profile is good just wait for them to call me up. I dont get it like it does not match up at all

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
This is important. Alot of my soith American or European friends got citizenship in 5-6 months including covid delays. While myself and family waiting for almost 28 months and no oath yet. Suffering double standards.
The bias remains after you become a citizen. Some people got their passports in 3 weeks, while I have been waiting 7 weeks and still nothing, and I applied before them. I am 99.7% sure these people are white Europeans, and my file was put aside because they need to do more scrutiny to it because I am not. The Ukrainian crisis' response was the clearest manifestation of the bias in Canada.

Last edited:

im2kool

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
The bias remains after you become a citizen. Some people got their passports in 3 weeks, while I have been waiting 7 weeks and still nothing, and I applied before them. I am 99.7% sure these people are white Europeans, and my file was put aside because they need to do more scrutiny to it because I am not. The Ukrainian crisis' response was the clearest manifestation of the bias in Canada.
Just sad!

Ulamishki

Jul 3, 2021
Hello folks,
Today my application just got updated with today's date but I do not see any changes. Still waiting for oath ceremony invite/update.

What does this update mean without any changes on file. Kindly share your experience/guidance. Thank you!
Hi! I had the same situation. I received ghost update on 4th of April, and the next day I've received invitation for oath ceremony for April 19th. Hope you will get it soon ;)

Reactions: Macarad

Cloud83

Aug 22, 2014
Well.. ECAS says decision made (though there is no date)
and like 4 categories on the other site got updated to completed all on the same day.. (Everything being April 5th 2022)...

Just waiting for the ceremony now..

Reactions: Macarad and Triet

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
No freaking way.... 7 weeks???? =(
So disappointing on every front...
At this point I feel we will always be considered "2nd class" citizens or something =/

Even in fiscal year 2020-2021 they managed to process over 80% of passport application withing service standards. Absolutely no excuse for this in 2022

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
No freaking way.... 7 weeks???? =(
So disappointing on every front...
At this point I feel we will always be considered "2nd class" citizens or something =/

Even in fiscal year 2020-2021 they managed to process over 80% of passport application withing service standards. Absolutely no excuse for this in 2022
That's right, 7 weeks, and I don't expect to get it any time soon. It may take another 3-4 weeks at least, while they still maintain their processing time of 20 business days, which is a big fat lie.

• Angry
Reactions: Macarad

Rebotman

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hi! I had the same situation. I received ghost update on 4th of April, and the next day I've received invitation for oath ceremony for April 19th. Hope you will get it soon ;)
Just checked my application status, no changes and checked my email including junks nothing. I hope to receive some good news soon. Waiting Waiting......

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
I doubt it. These are just for publicity. Racism and biases are entrenched in Canada at all level and departments.
Just human...unless you "reconfigure" them on a genetic or cellular level.

Last edited: