Hi everyone,

First time posting. Here's my profile.

Citizenship application - Single
Physical Presence: 1460 days
Application sent: October 15, 2019
AOR: January 13, 2020
FP request: February 11, 2020
FP sent: 20 February, 2020

The fingerprints were a bit of a nuisance (and very expensive) because I needed to get them inked in London and then digitised by a Canadian company, but I'm hoping everything will go through.

Reactions: callixtus

ravi12

Jan 4, 2013
I submitted 1 copy of Passport(foreign national) and 1 copy of Ontario health care card with my citizenship application.

Now looking at Personal identification requirements, i'm wondering should i have kept 2 copies of my passport ( one copy for Checklist - Photocopy of biographical pages of passport and one copy for personal identification?)

Can this be a problem to process my application? or processing agent will consider same copy of passport for both purpose?

Ivar Niksim

Feb 8, 2020
Hi everyone,

First time posting. Here's my profile.

Citizenship application - Single
Physical Presence: 1460 days
Application sent: October 15, 2019
AOR: January 13, 2020
FP request: February 11, 2020
FP sent: 20 February, 2020

The fingerprints were a bit of a nuisance (and very expensive) because I needed to get them inked in London and then digitised by a Canadian company, but I'm hoping everything will go through.
I submitted 1 copy of Passport(foreign national) and 1 copy of Ontario health care card with my citizenship application.

Now looking at Personal identification requirements, i'm wondering should i have kept 2 copies of my passport ( one copy for Checklist - Photocopy of biographical pages of passport and one copy for personal identification?)

Can this be a problem to process my application? or processing agent will consider same copy of passport for both purpose?
No, if they have a ready document to refer, then not having additional copy will not be a processing issue. Am sure they are trained in these trivial matters and be favorable where they can

Wash an

Oct 20, 2013
Received Test invite yesterday. Please update the spreadsheet. Thanks!

In process ECAS: <not sure>
Test invite letter: February 19, 2020
Test interview date: March 05, 2020 (Scarborough)
Whats your 3rd line says in ECAS? Thats your In Process date.

Rusty-53

Jul 3, 2019
We got our test/interview date yesterday February 22. It is for March 10th in Scarborough. However we are out of the country till the end of March so I requested a postponement till April. I have not heard back yet. I will let you know how it goes. I didn't think it would come this quick.

Reactions: callixtus

kaustubh_51

Star Member
Dec 2, 2014
Vancouver, BC
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
15-05-2016
Need some advice, below are my fingerprint dates. I have no update on ECAS, still in Process. I sent my fingerprints via Vancouver Police Department, i have no update and starting to get a bit worried. Should i call VPD or RCMP to find out what's going on? Or call CIC to get an update. Any advice or suggestions are welcomed. Thank you!!

Fingerprints Request: Jan 29, 2020 | Fingerprints Done: Jan 30, 2020 (@VPD)

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
Need some advice, below are my fingerprint dates. I have no update on ECAS, still in Process. I sent my fingerprints via Vancouver Police Department, i have no update and starting to get a bit worried. Should i call VPD or RCMP to find out what's going on? Or call CIC to get an update. Any advice or suggestions are welcomed. Thank you!!

Fingerprints Request: Jan 29, 2020 | Fingerprints Done: Jan 30, 2020 (@VPD)
Call IRCC. If you contact RCMP and they say they sent your FP, you would still need to call IRCC to confirm they have them.
I did it last week and IRCC confirmed they have mine. It doesn’t change you application status (it didn’t change mine). The person that I talked to said everything is ok.

Reactions: kaustubh_51

kaustubh_51

Star Member
Dec 2, 2014
Vancouver, BC
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
15-05-2016
Call IRCC. If you contact RCMP and they say they sent your FP, you would still need to call IRCC to confirm they have them.
I did it last week and IRCC confirmed they have mine. It doesn’t change you application status (it didn’t change mine). The person that I talked to said everything is ok.
Thank you JuCW! I'll call IRCC tomorrow, even a confirmation that they've received the fingerprints would be much appreciated. Could you please share the number? is it 1–888–242–2100? thanks!

Reactions: immshunli

millennial

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
Hi All,

I have renewed my passport last week because the one will expire within 6 months. Just wondering if I am required to update CIC?

Thanks

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I have renewed my passport last week because the one will expire within 6 months. Just wondering if I am required to update CIC?

Thanks
I’m gonna renew mine soon... would like to know as well. Thanks

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
19-02-2015 Travel History
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
The passport is a mandatory document on the checklist for the citizenship application. I would strongly suggest you to update IRCC with the new passport details even if you haven't travelled outside Canada with the new document. Also, you have more to lose if you miss to inform them and they bring it up at a later point in the process.

millennial

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
The passport is a mandatory document on the checklist for the citizenship application. I would strongly suggest you to update IRCC with the new passport details even if you haven't travelled outside Canada with the new document. Also, you have more to lose if you miss to inform them and they bring it up at a later point in the process.
Thanks! I will call CIC tomorrow. Some members have responded in other threads that updating the new passport is not required.