+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Speechless

Star Member
May 18, 2017
QUESTION

HI,
i have submitted my application on October 25 and CIC returned in on January 21. I sent the same application file with the required docs and CIC received in three days
My question is: how should I start count my timeline? is it October 25 or January 24?

thanks in advance

Last edited:

Karachi007

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Canada
Interview........
-----
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
23-08-2016
QUESTION

HI,
i have submitted my application on October 25 and CIC returned in on January 2. I sent the same application file with the required docs and CIC received in three days
My question is: how should start count my timeline? is it October 25 or January 24?

thanks in advance
This is the a similar case I am also going through. What I suspect is new start date would be when they received it second time. They need to review it back again for completeness check as it came back from clients hands. I believe it should take less time to process as compare to other application received at the same time as you might notice your pictures have been placed and form a little bit more organized.

Speechless

Star Member
May 18, 2017
This is the a similar case I am also going through. What I suspect is new start date would be when they received it second time. They need to review it back again for completeness check as it came back from clients hands. I believe it should take less time to process as compare to other application received at the same time as you might notice your pictures have been placed and form a little bit more organized.
Yes, a picture was attached and it was organized.
But still, they returned it after three months and now the countdown start again.
Anyways, do you have any idea how long it take to get AOR?
How do I check the status of the application in ecas?
thank you

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, a picture was attached and it was organized.
But still, they returned it after three months and now the countdown start again.
Anyways, do you have any idea how long it take to get AOR?
How do I check the status of the application in ecas?
thank you
I don't think you can check the status on ecas when you don't have AOR. You can check the returned applications on the spreadsheet and see how long it took them to receive AOR after their resubmission...

Reactions: GA17 and Speechless

bhaibhai

Nov 21, 2014
QUESTION

HI,
i have submitted my application on October 25 and CIC returned in on January 21. I sent the same application file with the required docs and CIC received in three days
My question is: how should I start count my timeline? is it October 25 or January 24?

thanks in advance
I'm inclined to say it will be new received date. In my case one family member had eligibility met 3 months in advance. That file came back and when sent again it took the same processing time as the second file as well. Both were sent on same day (one second time and one first time).

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
I'm inclined to say it will be new received date. In my case one family member had eligibility met 3 months in advance. That file came back and when sent again it took the same processing time as the second file as well. Both were sent on same day (one second time and one first time).
Mine was returned too, But there's a letter explaining that I have to correct the one page only which I did plus there's a note on the letter that I must complete a new application if the incomplete is due to physical presence. All my papers have stamped dated October 21, 2019 and with the Initial of the officer whose processed my paper and a 3 digit number on top of my application form (Looks like a priority number for processing)

I resubmitted my original application including the one page with error and attention it to the case officer initial. now waiting.

bhaibhai

Nov 21, 2014
Mine was returned too, But there's a letter explaining that I have to correct the one page only which I did plus there's a note on the letter that I must complete a new application if the incomplete is due to physical presence. All my papers have stamped dated October 21, 2019 and with the Initial of the officer whose processed my paper and a 3 digit number on top of my application form (Looks like a priority number for processing)

I resubmitted my original application including the one page with error and attention it to the case officer initial. now waiting.
In my case one application was complete it came back because of a missing paper in child's application. And I submitted the originally complete application without any change since it had the paper on top saying this is complete and no change required. It is still following the same time line and not in processing stage as of now after AOR in Dec 2019.

Can you provide your time line?

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
In my case one application was complete it came back because of a missing paper in child's application. And I submitted the originally complete application without any change since it had the paper on top saying this is complete and no change required. It is still following the same time line and not in processing stage as of now after AOR in Dec 2019.

Can you provide your time line?
Mine was printing error, There's a missing top part on page 6 (3 lines) and that's the one they highlighted.

They Received my resubmission last January 21, 2020.

How long from the resubmission date and AOR for you?

Reactions: Speechless

Karachi007

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Canada
Interview........
-----
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
23-08-2016
Applicants of Nov 2019 started getting AOR. Due to possible change in citizenship fee I can see less number of people have applied during Dec 2019 and Jan 2019 as compare to last few months.
I hope we all who re-submitted applications in Jan 2020 will start getting AOR in Mid or end of March 2020

Speechless

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Mine was printing error, There's a missing top part on page 6 (3 lines) and that's the one they highlighted.

They Received my resubmission last January 21, 2020.

How long from the resubmission date and AOR for you?
nice to see you pedropil. I can recall our PR application process long time ago

Reactions: pedropil

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
nice to see you pedropil. I can recall our PR application process long time ago
yup I still remember that. Were on citizenship application now from 2016 inland. Time flies

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applicants of Nov 2019 started getting AOR. Due to possible change in citizenship fee I can see less number of people have applied during Dec 2019 and Jan 2019 as compare to last few months.
I hope we all who re-submitted applications in Jan 2020 will start getting AOR in Mid or end of March 2020
I think people were just busy with holidays and vacations... I don't think the majority would care about the application fees if they want the citizenship. Btw, I don't like the idea of waiving applications fees as that's pretty much asking money from tax payers. And it will only prolong the processing time assuming there will be more applicants. I'd rather the government invest on processing the application more effectively.