+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
Oh that might be too late you think its enough time for me to get everything?
I don’t, but who knows?If I were you, I’d reschedule my trip - I’d never, ever reschedule my oath. But it’s only my personal opinion, nothing specific to back it up. :)

amanpreet.kaur01

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Edmonton,Ab
App. Filed.......
June17,2019
AOR Received.
13-04-2020
I don’t, but who knows?If I were you, I’d reschedule my trip - I’d never, ever reschedule my oath. But it’s only my personal opinion, nothing specific to back it up. :)
Its my brother’s wedding can’t do that. Fingers crossed hopefully everything gets done in time

• Wow
Reactions: Macarad

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
Finally got update on Oath ceremony,
It is scheduled Dec 21. Anyone can advise how long it takes for citizenship certificate to come as I have travel plans for Jan 20. Will that be enough time for getting passport n all?

regards
Depending on the office and how far you live, you can get it within 2 - 20 days.
As soon as you have the certificate, you can go to a walk in passport centre (which you will have to check) and get your passport within 2-9 business days.

sraka

Oct 28, 2019
Hello. Got update on myself and all members of my family. Citizenship Oath ceremony scheduled on Dec 9th. I haven't received though email invitations yet. Is it normal?

Reactions: wstrn24 and Macarad

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
Hello. Got update on myself and all members of my family. Citizenship Oath ceremony scheduled on Dec 9th. I haven't received though email invitations yet. Is it normal?
If you look a few pages back, you’ll find a good number of messages about this. The notice to appear will be sent closer to the oath date. I received mine one week before. Some people got it even closer.

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just received the zoom invite so you will receive yours soon.

Question - do we have to have the record of landing paper for the ceremony? I don't think I have mine but I believe I have a scanned copy on my laptop.

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017

Question - do we have to have the record of landing paper for the ceremony? I don't think I have mine but I believe I have a scanned copy on my laptop.
My notice to appear says PR card OR COPR.

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto

They didn't ask me for it. As the earlier poster suggested, you need your COPR OR your PR card. The same info can be seen here, under 'What to Bring' - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony.html

Reactions: wstrn24 and JuCW

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They didn't ask me for it. As the earlier poster suggested, you need your COPR OR your PR card. The same info can be seen here, under 'What to Bring' - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony.html
Thank you. The letter from IRCC wasn't too clear. I will just have PR card and two IDs ready then. Both my driver's license and health care are expired and am waiting for the new one... I hope that's okay too.

Cdrocks89

Oct 19, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Hello Everyone,
Received my oath ceremony for the 21st Dec. Edmonton office, I have a few questions, if anyone can help that would be great.

1. Time duration of citizenship certificate to come?
2. Can I apply for a Passport without a citizenship certificate?
3. Can I use the urgent passport Pickup option by paying $110 extra?
4. does Edmonton and Calgary Passport office have walkins available ? If I am from Edmonton can I still apply for my passport in the Calgary passport office?
5. Does a Canadian citizenship card come in the mail at the home address?

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
Hello Everyone,
Received my oath ceremony for the 21st Dec. Edmonton office, I have a few questions, if anyone can help that would be great.

1. Time duration of citizenship certificate to come?
2. Can I apply for a Passport without a citizenship certificate?
3. Can I use the urgent passport Pickup option by paying $110 extra?
4. does Edmonton and Calgary Passport office have walkins available ? If I am from Edmonton can I still apply for my passport in the Calgary passport office?
5. Does a Canadian citizenship card come in the mail at the home address?
We talked about #1 a couple of pages behind. It may be helpful to take the time and read it.
#2- I don’t think so. Have you checked the list of documents required to request the passport? This is what is on the government’s page about proof of citizenship accepted documents:
  • citizenship certificate
  • certificate of naturalization
  • certificate of registration of birth abroad
  • certificate of retention of Canadian citizenship

no clue about the other ones.

Reactions: ajtoronto