DM Update - 01/08/2015
Passport Req..
07/08/2015
VISA ISSUED...
20/08/2015
LANDED..........
April 2016
Hello Guys,

I have a questions regarding the address change. I gave my test yesterday and I passed it. Although my ids that I used was for the previous address but my address has changed. I still have access to that address and I get my mails there. However, I need your advise if I should change my address now, I have the proof of my address as my house registry papers.

Please let me know your thoughts

SowmyaHS

Nov 25, 2014
Toronto
Hi Everyone,

I had my interview yesterday. I got an interview invite last week same day. Officer verbally confirmed that they are granting my citizenship and should wait for an email for virtual oath ceremony. Finally, seeing light at the end of the tunnel. I will keep you posted about any development. I wish everyone good luck!

Ansuman

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-03-2017
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2017
LANDED..........
07-05-2017
Hi Everyone,

I had my interview yesterday. I got an interview invite last week same day. Officer verbally confirmed that they are granting my citizenship and should wait for an email for virtual oath ceremony. Finally, seeing light at the end of the tunnel. I will keep you posted about any development. I wish everyone good luck!
Hi,

Congratulations to you.

Would you able to tell us what specific things they ask or go over in the interview and how long it takes?

Ashik14

Aug 26, 2014
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
15-08-2014
Med's Done....
28-03-2014
Passport Req..
05-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
07-03-2015
Can anyone please share how they took picture of the photo ID in Webcam? Just wondering is there any mirror image problem of the name, ID no. and date?

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
Can anyone please share how they took picture of the photo ID in Webcam? Just wondering is there any mirror image problem of the name, ID no. and date?
It’s the most annoying part of the test. It took me longer than the test itself. You will never get a really good photo. Just try to make it as readable as possible. Depending on the lighting in the room you are, you’ll have to tilt the ID so there is no mirroring.

Reactions: Ashik14

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Everyone,

Congratulations. Sheet updated.

Rebotman

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Good day all!
I submitted my fingerprint on last week of Feb and status updated on 30th March (background check completed). Till now no futher update or news!:(

How long it will take to expect test after submission of fingerprint, kindly share your experience?

Cdrocks89

Oct 19, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Hello Everyone,

I have a question if anyone can help, please. I was checking my status for citizenship application and I found out that I and my spouse are eligible for an online test starting next week. But still, I haven't received the email Invite. I checked my email.
what should I do ? Is there any way I can contact them?
It says citizenship test activity status updated to In Progress.

And also once I pass the test, can I leave the country or for an oath, I have to be in Canada?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I have a question if anyone can help, please. I was checking my status for citizenship application and I found out that I and my spouse are eligible for an online test starting next week. But still, I haven't received the email Invite. I checked my email.
what should I do ? Is there any way I can contact them?
It says citizenship test activity status updated to In Progress.

And also once I pass the test, can I leave the country or for an oath, I have to be in Canada?
The new dashboard shows the information in advance. Wait for a few days and you'll receive the test invite.

You'll have to be physically present in Canada for test, oath and interview (if you get one).

Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cdrocks89

Cdrocks89

Oct 19, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Visa Office......
Edmonton
The new dashboard shows the information in advance. Wait for a few days and you'll receive the test invite.

You'll have to be physically present in Canada for test, oath and interview (if you get one).

Good luck.
Thank you for your help. Can you please let me know how exam works like, can i give on saturday, sunday or there is only certain time like between 9-5 or like thta.

Salyo

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Congratulations . When did you pass the test if you don't mind please.

amanpreet.kaur01

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Edmonton,Ab
App. Filed.......
June17,2019
AOR Received.
13-04-2020
hello everyone !! I got the update on the new Citizenship portal that by end of next week i will be able to take the test. What are some good test sites where i can practice, Discover Canada has a lot of history questions as well is there any questions get asked from them? Can anyone share what kind of questions are actually asked?