October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No :). That is the fun part. I got my FP results at my home address in 2 weeks time (Canada Post mailed out stamp was 2 March from Ottawa and it was in my Ontario mailbox on 5 March). And IRCC never received my FP until last week ! I used mine to get over with the wait.

Here is the reason : sending mail to individuals is easier and quicker vs to an institution like IRCC (as RCMP would be running weekly or bi weekly, and now may be monthly dispatches for practical purposes). With 27,000 CEC PR applicants, RCMP workload has increased many more times to process FP, so is IRCC time to process.
Interesting. So you did fingerprints twice? Would it be an issue if you sent fingerprint results twice?

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Hi there , anybody who has completed virtual oath recently , would like to share the experience ?
My oath was scheduled for 945, but I didn't see an agent for 30 minutes, I thought something was wrong... well, the room will open when they're ready for you so don't panic.

You will meet with an agent and provide your ID and sign the first half of the oath declaration they send you.

Then you will sit in the zoom call waiting awkwardly with everyone else.

Ceremony.

You will meet with an agent again and cut your PR card and sign the second half of the declaration.

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Interesting. So you did fingerprints twice? Would it be an issue if you sent fingerprint results twice?

Fingerprints expire after 1 year. My first FP expired on 20 Feb 2021 so did IRCC asked to do another FPs in February 2021.

FPs have to be valid throughout the period, at least until Decision is made on the file. Hence my advice to everyone who did FP before to re-do 2nd FP closer to the anniversary of first FP, and have FP result sent to your home. Send it to IRCC whenever they ask for it.

They will certainly ask so it is just a matter of time.

Ani_Canada

Jun 22, 2017
My oath was scheduled for 945, but I didn't see an agent for 30 minutes, I thought something was wrong... well, the room will open when they're ready for you so don't panic.

You will meet with an agent and provide your ID and sign the first half of the oath declaration they send you.

Then you will sit in the zoom call waiting awkwardly with everyone else.

Ceremony.

You will meet with an agent again and cut your PR card and sign the second half of the declaration.
Thanks for the information.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
This is not true, my oath was March 8.

Also, you have to wait until your certificate comes in the mail to apply for passport...I'm still waiting 16 days...
Those who were scheduled in Feb are still having their oaths in March, although we haven't seen new oath invitations for 3 weeks now, but just 2-3 days ago there are a few people got oath invitation for end of Mar/early April. Everything's back on track :)

• Love
Reactions: his*marty

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Thank you!
You didn’t have to send a sworn translation because of stamps that are not in English?
Just gonna share my experience here since I got the interview request and document request together 9 days ago. In the document request they specifically said all stamps/visas must be translated to English/French and need to send together with the passport copies. I have my interview in a week.

Reactions: JuCW

Ani_Canada

Jun 22, 2017
I'm still really happy for you that you got the invitation!! Finish line in sight!!
Thanks , same morning i asked the question on this thread about oath and it came few hours later. I hope they will get this going now and will be inviting more people . But I haven't seen more ppl who have posted about it yet.

Good luck for your interview, should be straight forward.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Those who were scheduled in Feb are still having their oaths in March, although we haven't seen new oath invitations for 3 weeks now, but just 2-3 days ago there are a few people got oath invitation for end of Mar/early April. Everything's back on track :)
I just wanted to clarify as the poster said there were no oath ceremonies conducted in March as far as he was aware. :)

• Love
Reactions: BadGamer6

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
Just gonna share my experience here since I got the interview request and document request together 9 days ago. In the document request they specifically said all stamps/visas must be translated to English/French and need to send together with the passport copies. I have my interview in a week.
Yeah... same for me. Thanks for sharing!
I confess I’m a little annoyed by having to get the sworn translations because of a few stamps. But if it’s what it takes, let’s do it!