+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>OCTOBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

ThePatnaGuy

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Did you also noticed any updates on your profile recently?
No update in the profile but I did not login last month when my medical was extended so may have missed the ghost update... But the portal still shows the old date... only GCMS says that med was extended and new 2021 med validity date.

siddsin

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
AOR - October 9th 2019,
PPR - October 2nd 2020.
Today status updated to approved. Waiting for the PPR to be mailed back to me.

Medicals were extended a couple of days before October 2nd 2010. Got a mail that status was updated and the request letter was in the applications page.

Got another email today that status has been updated, and it said that the application was approved.

jokerdurden

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
AOR - October 9th 2019,
PPR - October 2nd 2020.
Today status updated to approved. Waiting for the PPR to be mailed back to me.

Medicals were extended a couple of days before October 2nd 2010. Got a mail that status was updated and the request letter was in the applications page.

Got another email today that status has been updated, and it said that the application was approved.
Congrats! Same Aor as mine. What’s your Vo and steam?

Oct 23, 2020
Hey guys. AOR 2019, still waiting for the PPR with everything met/approved.

Have a question about travel restrictions for outland applicants. Maybe @legalfalcon or some other experienced guys can help

My spouse is currently residing in US (primary applicant on F1 student visa) and I am in GCC.

1. Assuming that we receive a PPR and eventually our PR visas, my spouse can do the landing on the grounds that US residents are exempt from restrictions. Correct?
  2. Assuming that the first question is correct, does this mean that I can travel after my spouse is landed on the grounds that my spouse is a Permanent Resident and we want to unite as immediate family members? Or do I have to wait because I am going to land as a PR as well and thus I can't be exempt from restrictions?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey guys. AOR 2019, still waiting for the PPR with everything met/approved.

Have a question about travel restrictions for outland applicants. Maybe @legalfalcon or some other experienced guys can help

My spouse is currently residing in US (primary applicant on F1 student visa) and I am in GCC.

1. Assuming that we receive a PPR and eventually our PR visas, my spouse can do the landing on the grounds that US residents are exempt from restrictions. Correct?
  2. Assuming that the first question is correct, does this mean that I can travel after my spouse is landed on the grounds that my spouse is a Permanent Resident and we want to unite as immediate family members? Or do I have to wait because I am going to land as a PR as well and thus I can't be exempt from restrictions?
IRCC is currently emphasising that all family members should land together with an intention to make Canada their permanent home. Also, the dependent family members cannot land before the primary applicant does.

The family reunification is for people who want to come to canada to reunite and need a Temporary visa or an authorisation to travel, which they other would not due to travel restrictions. It is not for dependents already in the application whose application is approved or in progress. Also, to request an authorisation to travel and seek exemption under family reunification you have to follow the procedure outlined in the IRCC policy

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/travel-restrictions.html#family-reunification

However, if a person is in Canada as a PR / citizen or on a TRV and has their sponsorship application in progress to sponsor a family member, then the sponsored family member can file a TRV and seek exemption to travel.

IRCC allows dual intent:

Subsection A22(2) states: “An intention by a foreign national to become a permanent resident does not preclude them from becoming a temporary resident if the officer is satisfied that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay”. Dual intent on the part of the applicant is therefore not prima facie grounds for refusal of temporary resident status.

Reactions: phoenix_anderson
Oct 23, 2020
IRCC is currently emphasising that all family members should land together with an intention to make Canada their permanent home.
This is our ideal goal, but I don't think it would be possible in the common circumstances. Also, we don't want to do any soft landings so even if we land separately we want to land properly and stay in Canada.

Also, the dependent family members cannot land before the primary applicant does.
Yes, I am aware of this and my spouse, being the main applicant will land before me.

From the link it says that:

The objective of this exemption is to facilitate unity of immediate family members who have or would be separated as a result of these travel restrictions. Migration officers and case processing officers are to assess the circumstances surrounding the foreign national’s travel prior to authorizing in writing that the foreign national is exempt under this provision. As noted above, the officer must be satisfied that the foreign national is not travelling for an optional or discretionary purpose.

So does this mean that it would be on officer's discretion?

However, if a person is in Canada as a PR / citizen or on a TRV and has their sponsorship application in progress to sponsor a family member, then the sponsored family member can file a TRV and seek exemption to travel.

IRCC allows dual intent:

Subsection A22(2) states: “An intention by a foreign national to become a permanent resident does not preclude them from becoming a temporary resident if the officer is satisfied that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay”. Dual intent on the part of the applicant is therefore not prima facie grounds for refusal of temporary resident status.
Sorry, this one is for TRV/temporary visit, right? Assuming that we both receives our COPRs and the PR single entry visas how would TRV be applicable? Also, it says "has their sponsorship application in progress to sponsor a family member" but we applied under one EE application (and our application was calculated under the assumption that we will come together and not separately) and our Ready for Visa and etc will come at the same time, no? I am not applying though a separate sponsorship application.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
This is our ideal goal, but I don't think it would be possible in the common circumstances. Also, we don't want to do any soft landings so even if we land separately we want to land properly and stay in Canada.

Yes, I am aware of this and my spouse, being the main applicant will land before me.

From the link it says that

Sorry, this one is for TRV/temporary visit, right? Assuming that we both receives our COPRs and the PR single entry visas how would TRV be applicable? Also, it says "has their sponsorship application in progress to sponsor a family member" but we applied under one EE application (and our application was calculated under the assumption that we will come together and not separately) and our Ready for Visa and etc will come at the same time, no? I am not applying though a separate sponsorship application.
The objective of this exemption is to facilitate unity of immediate family members who have or would be separated as a result of these travel restrictions. Migration officers and case processing officers are to assess the circumstances surrounding the foreign national’s travel prior to authorizing in writing that the foreign national is exempt under this provision. As noted above, the officer must be satisfied that the foreign national is not travelling for an optional or discretionary purpose.
So does this mean that it would be on officer's discretion?
YEs, most decision that are subjective the deference is given to the officer's, however, they have to base their decision on well established procedures, operational manuals, bulletins, and the decisions of the federal court and the Immigration and Refugee Board.

Yes, this is why I clarified that you do not fall under the exemption. For the exemption to apply, one of the family members should be in Canada. As of now neither of your åre in Canada. Also, IRCC is emphasising that they family members should land together.

The family reunification is for people who want to come to canada to reunite and need a Temporary visa or an authorisation to travel, which they other would not due to travel restrictions. It is not for dependents already in the application whose application is approved or in progress.

Reactions: phoenix_anderson
Oct 23, 2020
Yes, this is why I clarified that you do not fall under the exemption. For the exemption to apply, one of the family members should be in Canada. As of now neither of your åre in Canada. Also, IRCC is emphasising that they family members should land together.
Thanks for the answer. I understand that IRCC encourages everyone to land together. However, I also do understand why its more of a recommendation rather than a rule because not everyone can travel together for multiple reasons, albeit this would be a low percentage of applicants. Looks like we might have to contact IRCC once we get the PPR and COPR and explain the situation and take it from there.

One step at a time.

tapioca

Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
Did any outland applicant get PPR applying through FSW stream in this thread?
Looks and feels like FSW-Outlands are being left behind.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for the answer. I understand that IRCC encourages everyone to land together. However, I also do understand why its more of a recommendation rather than a rule because not everyone can travel together for multiple reasons, albeit this would be a low percentage of applicants. Looks like we might have to contact IRCC once we get the PPR and COPR and explain the situation and take it from there.

One step at a time.
The rule was very clear earlier that the PA could land and then the family members later at their time of choosing, before the PR visa and COPR expire. However, die to COVID on multiple IRCC communications IRCC has encouraged that all the family members land together. This is a guideline, but how the officer's at the port of entry or at IRCC decide to enforce will depend on them on a case by case basis.

If you hear back from IRCC on this, or are able to get a clarification, please share it with us.

victor101

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Sharing my timeline guys

AOR : October 27, 2019
Medical approved: November 2019
Additional requirement ( Police certificate ) request: February 2020
Background check completed: March 2020
PPR: March 2020
Application approved: April 2020
Landing Confirmation through email (Etobicoke): June 2020
Received PR Card: October 2020