+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>OCTOBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

icare.deepak

May 23, 2020
Hi... can anyone help me out to order gcms notes through a valid site ?
hi just order it through canda.ca website. here is the link
atip
just click on atip and when you order select Access to information Act. also don't forget to fill consent form for spouse if applicable IMM 5744.

elkadaoui

May 16, 2019
Hello guys,

Happy to see things are moving along for some of you!
It seems like CIC focuses on inland applications primarily.

I have my PR application (outland) at 100% for almost a month now.
AOR date - 28 Oct 2019.

See below the details of my application:

As you can see, only the medicals and the biometrics are checked. The other steps haven't even been touched (or maybe they have been but not updated in my profile). I see some of you requested these "GCMS notes" - I think it's simply outrageous to have to pay for some updates and also wait about a month to get them (another month + the 7 current ones lol). So much money spent and stress and running around to gather tons of documents. Beginning to regret this, sorry if I sound skeptical and silly but it's not normal all this waiting time and no updates meanwhile.

I hope you guys have smoother and shorter processing times.
I am in the exact same situation as you. Even the webform says nothing, I guess we just wait.

rfsbsb

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
Hi everyone, I'm pleased to say that today I got my CoPR e-mail from CIC-Kitchener.

My timeline:
PNP-Inland Ontario
AOR: Oct 26 2019
MED: Nov 18
ADR: RCMP on Nov 18
CoPR email: May 25 2020

Ordered GCMS notes on March and got it on Apr. Noticed that someone could question my employee letter and proactively sent an updated employment letter a few weeks ago.

No profile updated online yet. The e-mail they've sent ask me to send my photo and it states "If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above". I assume I should print the e-mail they've sent me and send with a photo to them right?

Last edited:

Mona66

May 15, 2020
Hi everyone. I am happy to share with you that I learnt via calling to IRCC that the decision on my file has been made. {AOR:28 dec; Country: India; program: FSW-O; VO: not known}

Now, there are following two questions whose answers all of us need. I have researched these two questions and come up with possible answers. Kindly contribute your views. Thanks.

1. Why is IRCC not issuing PPR/COPR to outland applicants on whose files the final decision (read ‘approval’) has been made?
The possible reasons:
  1. ENTRY BAN: The international traveling to Canada is banned until the 30th of June. So, IRCC may not issue PPR/COPR until the ban is lifted.
  2. RE-MEDICAL: Canada may be making a policy to get done medicals of applicants again before it let applicants enter into Canada. So, until that policy is finalized, IRCC may not issue PPR/COPR.
  3. UNEMPLOYMENT: Due to spike in unemployment lately, Canada may want to delay the arrival of fresh PRs into the country.
  4. VSF offices closed: VFS offices, which stamp passports, may be closed. But even in nations where VFS offices are open, IRCC is not issuing PPRs to applicants.

2. But why IRCC is not even conveying to the applicants the final decision (read ‘approval’)?

The possible reasons:
  1. RE-MEDICAL: Refer to 1.1; Canada may be thinking: why to convey the applicant that his PR is approved until we get done his medical again. Technically, his PR is not approved until he passes re-medical.
  2. AVOID QUESTIONS: If the final decision is conveyed to the applicant, the applicant will start asking questions: When will I get PPR, COPR, etc. So, IRCC may be thinking that it’s better not to tell them that PR is approved.

Post your views, please. Thanks again :) :)

Reactions: Pandora18

rfsbsb

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
did they asked updated employment letter in ADR ? or u sent when u see it in ur GCMS notes?
They haven't asked for it, but I choose to send because of what I saw on my GCMS notes. Essentially one of the officials asked to review my EL, so I asked my employer for an updated version and sent them. I don't know if that made any difference though.

ratan-229944

Star Member
Dec 19, 2018
AOR- 03 OCT 2019.

Finally .. got an email today from IRCC landing unit with below message -

"Good day, we are pleased to inform you that you are now permanent resident(s) of Canada. Attached, you will find a letter/letters confirming permanent residence status for you /and your family. Congratulations and we wish you every success in your future in Canada! "

looks like with the current COVID 19 situation, below is the new normal -
- No PPR request.
- No Landing appointment OR interview.
- Send Photos as per convenience for processing the PR card (timeline 1 year).
- The letter in email can be used for applying government benefits and services.

Looks like IRCC offices are clearing the backlog now.
I hope everyone in this group will get the golden email soon :). Good Luck !!

Reactions: andreiger and nns14

Oliverk

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
AOR- 03 OCT 2019.

"Good day, we are pleased to inform you that you are now permanent resident(s) of Canada. Attached, you will find a letter/letters confirming permanent residence status for you /and your family. Congratulations and we wish you every success in your future in Canada! "

- No PPR request.
- The letter in email can be used for applying government benefits and services.

have you ever had submitted passport?

rfsbsb

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
For this PR application - No !!
Got same email. No passport sent and no other documents received as well. On the attached documents there’s a CoPR document number, but never got CoPR letter or passport request. I guess it’s just email photos and wait 113 days for PR card...

Last edited:

S Kennedy

Oct 1, 2016
Banff, Alberta.
Visa Office......
CIO Ottawa
AOR- 03 OCT 2019.

- No PPR request.

@ratan-229944

You mean processing the PR card is going to be 1 year until you get the card? Starting from today?

ratan-229944

Star Member
Dec 19, 2018
@ratan-229944

You mean processing the PR card is going to be 1 year until you get the card? Starting from today?
Nope. The Letter is valid for 1 year. Send photos before that for PR card processing.
- No Need to send photos asap as most of the services are closed.