Star Member
Sep 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
07-11-2019
Nope VO is Ottawa. I never called them and that was my first Web Form ever.My medical expired because I did them way before I submitted my application (which was a rookie mistake). PP has to be submitted within 90 days.
Is this new, I was thinking they will only allow 30 days to submit the PP? Did this change from 30 to 90 due to COVID?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
the main atip site by cic uses "https" protocol, so it might be reasonably safe..
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do
that's the correct site to request the gcms notes yourself, be sure to select the Privacy Act if you are doing it yourself. If a friend is helping you then use the Access to Information Act. in the case of the latter you will need to complete a consent form. that form is available at https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5744e.pdf this form is valid for 1 year from when it's signed. if you are concerned about safety and security then use this form which is only valid for 30 days consent.gcmsnotes.com both forms are valid and accepted by IRCC

To see a sample gcms file before your go through the process see sample.gcmsnotes.com and some other things to consider when you request https://link.gcmsnotes.com/place-order-2b3bd

thomas3456

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-10-2019
AOR Received.
02-10-2019
One more thing, if there are dependents in your app, then must include their consent form. else their data would be excluded from the report.

aloshalaa1992

May 16, 2019
Hi all,

I have a lil question regarding my PR application (FSW-inland). My AOR is on October 17, 2019 and I passed my medical exam on November 4, 2019. I have contacted the IRCC and the 6 months processing has finished on April 17, 2020. I have attached the response of the IRCC which is basically says nothing. Do you guys have any recommendations?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Download application forms and guides
Change of address
Check your application status
Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.

Sincerely,

zubara200

Mar 6, 2020
I’m not sure, I sent a webform 3 days ago and asked for the status and VO. Did you ask for your application status?

AOR Oct 15
MEP Nov 1
FSW-O

——————————————————

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
  • Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the/your application as soon as possible.
——————————————————

Not sure what to feel about this, I guess it’s good. Any help appreciated

Sep 19, 2019
Hi Guys ,

I have been issued my counterfoil VISA and CoPR after i submitted my passport to the canadian embassy .

But due to the COVID-19 lockdown situation in INDIA , i am not able to access the courier containing my passport and CoPR letter .

Is there a way one can check " CoPR Issuance Date " online ?

pierre2

Apr 21, 2020
Hi all,

I have a lil question regarding my PR application (FSW-inland). My AOR is on October 17, 2019 and I passed my medical exam on November 4, 2019. I have contacted the IRCC and the 6 months processing has finished on April 17, 2020. I have attached the response of the IRCC which is basically says nothing. Do you guys have any recommendations?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Change of address
Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.

Sincerely,
It's been a generic response from IRCC for the past few weeks. I believe it is linked to the current pandemic. I'm still curious to know what's going on behind this answer.

Hami33

Aug 15, 2016
Hi all,

Change of address

Sincerely,
I got the same reply for my first webform. I raised another one few days later specifically asking if the eligibility, security, and criminality passed or not, and then finally received the status of my application.

Last edited:

canadacalling777

Mar 24, 2019
Abuja, Nigeria
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nigeria
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-11-2018
that's the correct site to request the gcms notes yourself, be sure to select the Privacy Act if you are doing it yourself. If a friend is helping you then use the Access to Information Act. in the case of the latter you will need to complete a consent form. that form is available at https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5744e.pdf this form is valid for 1 year from when it's signed. if you are concerned about safety and security then use this form which is only valid for 30 days consent.gcmsnotes.com both forms are valid and accepted by IRCC

To see a sample gcms file before your go through the process see sample.gcmsnotes.com and some other things to consider when you request https://link.gcmsnotes.com/place-order-2b3bd
the main atip site by cic uses "https" protocol, so it might be reasonably safe..
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do
What you are using is the 2016 version of the form, which is obsolete. IRCC will continue to accept any form or for that matter even handwritten consent, but it remains valid for 1 year from the date it is signed as stipulated in the most recent version, which is 2018 version.

Form of publications

Section 79 of ATI Act: The designated Minister shall specify the form of the publications referred to in sections 74 to 78.

When a new form or a version of the form is published as per the law, all previous existing versions are obsolete. The law is clear that a form or procedure is only to facilitate the process and impede it, so that forms in any form can be used, but they will be subject to the most recent publication and its terms.

One cannot unilateral change the substantive form by using an old form, which has since become obsolete.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
What you are using is the 2016 version of the form, which is obsolete. IRCC will continue to accept any form or for that matter even handwritten consent, but it remains valid for 1 year from the date it is signed as stipulated in the most recent version, which is 2018 version.

Form of publications

Section 79 of ATI Act: The designated Minister shall specify the form of the publications referred to in sections 74 to 78.

When a new form or a version of the form is published as per the law, all previous existing versions are obsolete. The law is clear that a form or procedure is only to facilitate the process and impede it, so that forms in any form can be used, but they will be subject to the most recent publication and its terms.

One cannot unilateral change the substantive form by using an old form, which has since become obsolete.
commenting from first hand experience - both forms provided are valid and accepted. over years IRCC has issued and revised many a consent forms. obsolete does not mean they are discontinued. the 2016 version is perfectly valid to use and some folks prefer to use it because it's only valid for 30 days.

Section 79 of ATI Act: The designated Minister shall specify the form of the publications referred to in sections 74 to 78 as quoted from https://www.parl.ca/DocumentViewer/en/42-1/bill/C-58/royal-assent applies to Briefing materials, Travel expenses, Hospitality expenses, Contracts over $10,000 and Contracts of $10,000 or less. not relevant in reference to the topic.

Quoting the ATIP department below is the official reason for why the 2018 version of the consent form was introduced : "mandatory consent of both parents for information about a minor child" and this can be done on the 2016 version as well and it's valid and accepted (commenting from first hand experience)

In March 2018, the Department updated its form for Consent for an Access to Information and Personal Information Request (IMM5744). One of the primary changes was the introduction of mandatory consent of both parents for information about a minor child. Previously, only the consent of one parent of a minor child was required, but increasing concerns about illegal immigration, child abduction and abuse, and identity fraud prompted the ATIP Division to review and reconsider its consent policy for ATIP requests for information about a minor child.

The process now requires a requester to include consent from both parents of the child, or they must provide proof that there is only one custodian. This change to the consent form safeguards the disclosure of a minor’s information to a party that should not have access.

The requirement for dual signatures was introduced to ensure that the release of information contained in records does not compromise the safety of the minor and other parties that may be present.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: jaseenaliottawa

canadacalling777

Mar 24, 2019
Abuja, Nigeria
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nigeria
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-11-2018
commenting from first hand experience - both forms provided are valid and accepted. over years IRCC has issued and revised many a consent forms. obsolete does not mean they are discontinued. the 2016 version is perfectly valid to use and some folks prefer to use it because it's only valid for 30 days.

Section 79 of ATI Act: The designated Minister shall specify the form of the publications referred to in sections 74 to 78 as quoted from https://www.parl.ca/DocumentViewer/en/42-1/bill/C-58/royal-assent applies to Briefing materials, Travel expenses, Hospitality expenses, Contracts over $10,000 and Contracts of $10,000 or less. not relevant in reference to the topic.

Quoting the ATIP department below is the official reason for why the 2018 version of the consent form was introduced : "mandatory consent of both parents for information about a minor child" and this can be done on the 2016 version as well and it's valid and accepted (commenting from first hand experience)

In March 2018, the Department updated its form for Consent for an Access to Information and Personal Information Request (IMM5744). One of the primary changes was the introduction of mandatory consent of both parents for information about a minor child. Previously, only the consent of one parent of a minor child was required, but increasing concerns about illegal immigration, child abduction and abuse, and identity fraud prompted the ATIP Division to review and reconsider its consent policy for ATIP requests for information about a minor child.

The process now requires a requester to include consent from both parents of the child, or they must provide proof that there is only one custodian. This change to the consent form safeguards the disclosure of a minor’s information to a party that should not have access.

The requirement for dual signatures was introduced to ensure that the release of information contained in records does not compromise the safety of the minor and other parties that may be present.

Hope this helps.
I never said you cannot use it the older version. The issue was that you are claiming that the older version makes the form valid for 30 days and if you use the older version, it will make the form valid for only 30 days as opposed to 1 year if used the newer version.

If this would have been true, then anyone could have used any version based on what suits them, which is absurd and incorrect.

What you have quoted above is from the ATIP 2018-2019 annual report and it clearly states the reasons why the form was changed. It no where states that upon using the older version, it will be valid for only 30 days and if the newer version us used, will be valid for 1 year.

All applications have to be filed using the most recent versions of the respective form that are published and circulated by IRCC. For any application, eg. Citizenship Applications, when an old form is used, it will be returned to the applicant as incomplete, and the same form can be submitted again as long as the requirements of the new form are met. see https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1464&top=5, which for citizenship application is more documents. The applies for all all forms prescribed any any provincial or federal agency. The form is merely to smoothen the process, but that does not provide the liberty to an applicant to use any version that suits him / her. The most recent processing requirements have to be complied with.

If you want to continue using the old form, you can, and as mentioned before, you can even use handwritten forms, but you have to comply with the most recent requirements.

As regards Bill 58, It added new provision and amended some previous ones.

Pursuant to the definition of “designated minister” in section 3 of the Access to InformationAct, the Governor in Council made Regulations under the Act entitled Designating the Minister of Justice and the President of the Treasury Board as Ministers for Purposes of Certain Sections of the Access to InformationAct. Both designated ministers are also responsible for recommending amendments to the Act and to the Access to Information Regulations.

Part 2 specifies the functions of these ministers, and section 79 further specifies the form of the publications referred to in sections 74 to 78, which includes the implementation of the act in general, and includes "Briefing Materials"

• (a) within 120 days after the appointment of the minister, the package of briefing materials that is prepared for the minister by a government institution for the purpose of enabling the minister to assume the powers, duties and functions of his or her office;
  • (b) within 30 days after the end of the month in which any memorandum prepared by a government institution for the minister is received by his or her office, the title and reference number of each memorandum that is received;
This is how the scheme of the act works.

What you wish to use is your choice as long as it is not refused by the agency and also it does not mean that using the older version will trump the most recent version of the form. If that would have been the case then there would not have been any use to change the version in the first place.

Hope this helps and makes it clear!!

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
You know we are all bored with the COVID-19 when the debate is about form versions!!!