+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>OCTOBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

ekowpo

Jan 22, 2016
Raise a web form to book landing appointment.
Thanks so much I received the email after the web form too with a letter in cic portal as well. Could you please confirm if I am required to send both CoPR documents or just the one with my picture

KoKo_

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hi,

I found the below paragraph on the Canadian website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/travel-restrictions.html#purpose
The page was updated 4 days ago. In reference to the highlighted sentences, people can now travel to Canada for landing purposes, am i correct?

Travel for an optional or discretionary purpose
The exemptions under the Orders do not apply to foreign nationals travelling for optional or discretionary purposes. The onus is on the foreign national to demonstrate the purpose of their travel.

Travel for optional or discretionary purposes is broadly defined in the Orders as including (but not limited to) travel for the purposes of tourism, recreation and entertainment.

Travel for the following purposes would not be considered optional or discretionary:

• delivering economic services, maintaining the supply chain, supporting critical infrastructure, providing immediate medical care, or ensuring safety and security
  • transiting through Canada for non-discretionary purposes
  • engaging in cross-border employment or shopping for essential goods such as medication or basic needs, particularly in border and Indigenous communities
  • non-discretionary family reunification
  • entering Canada to work, study or land as a permanent resident, with appropriate documentation

pop8455

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
Does anybody know if eligibility is met before security/criminal verifications? IRCC did not respond to my eligibility question on my webform, just with:

"Your application is currently being processed by the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario. We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.
· The background verifications are currently valid.
· The security background verification is currently valid.
· The criminal background verification is currently valid.
· The medical examination results on file are valid."

My biometrics read Completed with the day of my AOR. Thank you if anybody can help provide clarity!

Pofsally

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
Does anybody know if eligibility is met before security/criminal verifications? IRCC did not respond to my eligibility question on my webform, just with:

"Your application is currently being processed by the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario. We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

My biometrics read Completed with the day of my AOR. Thank you if anybody can help provide clarity!
I have got the same reply. The reply will help me too. Thanks for asking.

pemyrie

May 15, 2009

I am no expert, but the way I see it is that Eligibility must have been met. Why go through all those 3 checks, if you're not sure if the applicant meets the most important criteria?

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
Thanks so much I received the email after the web form too with a letter in cic portal as well. Could you please confirm if I am required to send both CoPR documents or just the one with my picture
I dont know as hasnt reached that stage yet. If in your place, I would call customer care and confirm. Since you are already a PR, even if pr card get delayed it doesnt matter unless you are planning to travel out of country.

varlak

Mar 26, 2020
Not sure. I don't have photos so will wait till I can take them. Also the local IRCC office is not too far from where I live so might as-well drop it in person.

Last edited:

selecao338

Jul 16, 2019
Hi all, just received an update on my webform as per below:-
* Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
* The security background verification has not been initiated.
* The criminal background verification is currently valid.
All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Any opinion, senior fellows?
It means eligibility and criminal met. Security is not started.

Ric21

Apr 9, 2020

Hello. Same boat here. Called them. They say just wait for ppr, but no timeline on this due to covid. Anyone has experienced this and got PPR?

pop8455

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
Hello. Same boat here. Called them. They say just wait for ppr, but no timeline on this due to covid. Anyone has experienced this and got PPR?
Wow thank you Ric21! I was very anxious as I didn't know if this meant eligibility was implied as met or if there was a final review, or they confirmed to you that eligibility and the file was complete? Thanks for getting back to me. Interesting to see if others have got this response.

Balr4455

Jan 14, 2020
When did you receive this. Did you have to raise a web form first before receiving this? My CoPr was issued on march 11 and don't know what to do next since i am already in Canada.
I got exactly the same response from webform. Few hours later got the PR email, not sure what the criteria or priority that’s been followed. Good luck.
Hi ,

I have raised a new web form yesterday and today I have received my email along with the attachments.

do we need to send both the COPR documents or only one ??

Thank you for sharing the Info !!

Balr4455

Jan 14, 2020
Hi,

I got my PR email too. Should we send both copies of COPR signed? I was told that client copy should be retained with us, but it is not valid until the officer signs it. Please let me know if you have any details about this. Thanks in advance.
Hey ,

I'm also on the same boat , please let me know , If you found an answer whether we need to send both the copies or only one

Thank you !!

herain312

Star Member
Oct 30, 2019
Kitchener, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-10-2019
Med's Done....
12-11-2019
This is the reply I received today from IRCC today;

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that a decision has been made on the application. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact you by mail or email to provide you with that decision.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests: