Ottawa
App. Filed.......
10-10-2019
AOR Received.
10-10-2019
File Transfer...
13-01-2020
Hello All,

I received my AOR when I submitted my online application dated 25th Oct, 2019.

Meds passed on 12th Nov

Biometrics requested by 24th Nov and I gave those.

No news since then.

Anyone else in the same position?
Lot of applicants and this is normal.

new_user0404

Jan 10, 2020
Hi everyone,

I sent a message through webform yesterday to ask my which office is handling my application, and which stage I am in. And I got reply from IRCC as below:

"
We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

· Your application is currently being processed at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

· The security background verification has not been initiated.

· The criminal background verification is currently valid.

· The eligibility verification is currently valid.
"

Does it mean I have passed the eligibility and criminal background check? Does it mean my application is processed in Sydney, or it is possible to move to other CPC afterwards? Since I heard Sydney on average takes longer time to process than other offices? I am just trying to understand my application status better. Could anyone give me some insights? Thank you so much!

My AOR is October 18th. Biometrics done Nov 06th. FSW-O
Hi , any updates on your application? My timeline and profile updates are similar to yours. Has your file moved into security screening?

new_user0404

Jan 10, 2020
Hi ,

AOR -17th October 2019
Medical Passed -5th November 2019
Biometrics -6th November 2019
Stream -PNP - Outland - ONTARIO

Have completed 3 months from the date of application , no updates in the CIC profile after biometrics . Inquired about the Progress of the application , the updates are as follows:
Eligibility - MET
Criminality - PASSED
Security - NOT INITIATED
CIO - Sydney, Nova Scotia

When is the security screening supposed to start and how long would it take? I have so many personal and professional things dependent on this that I am getting super stressed!! As per some threads Sydney CIO takes a lot of time for the processing , is it true? and should I be worried about it?

It would be really great if someone could answer these questions?

Thanks In advance

ph.ua

Dec 14, 2019
Has anyone experienced calling the CIC hotline to check on the status and being told by the automatic machine responses that your application could not be found on the system based on the application # provided?

i have tried 3x already and got the same response. Unfortunately all the lines are busy so I wasnt transferred to an agent. The last time I called was Monday and the machine response was able to read to me the status of my application.

thank you!

b.namit87

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
Has anyone experienced calling the CIC hotline to check on the status and being told by the automatic machine responses that your application could not be found on the system based on the application # provided?

i have tried 3x already and got the same response. Unfortunately all the lines are busy so I wasnt transferred to an agent. The last time I called was Monday and the machine response was able to read to me the status of my application.

thank you!
Which number did you call to check the status of your application? How to get the machine response for the status? Is the number accessible from India?

Thanks!

SAgrrl

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Hi All,

AOR OCT 19
MEP NOV 15
CEC- one dependent

Raised a webform last Friday about the Visa office, our eligibility, security, criminal and background check.

I got a response back today. The security, criminality and background are not initiated.

They made no mention of where our visa office is or our eligibility.

It seems there has not been any movement in our file.
I plan to call them and ask them about the eligibility.

Hope some other October people are having better luck than us.

Balr4455

Jan 14, 2020

thank you!
Hi ,

Yes , it happened with me today at 3.20 PM .

I tried 2 times and it was busy so they couldn't connect me to an agent .

Anyone else faced the same problem ?

Thanks