+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>OCTOBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

mayjuly

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
To all those who are waiting with too much exhaustion - let me tell you that the new standard processing timeline is 10-12 months. I got my PR after 10 months. I waited for 300 days.
Give this process at least 15 months. Don't put you life on hold. Youngsters who quit their jobs should either start learning french or do some certification course. Look for another job in your native country, tell them that your visa process can be very unexpected. Don't sit idle at home. Way too much backlog. Join the gym. Pursue a hobby. MENTALLY PREPARE yourself to WAIT. Only THAT is the magic formula.

Be in touch with IRCC via webform either once in two months or once a quarter.

Don't be shy in disclosing or asking for any information.........

It is either in your destiny or it is not. Maybe something BETTER is in your destiny. Those who believe in mysticism should consult a numerologist/astrologist - some are really good at predicting the future.........
I'm skeptical about your claim of "10-12 months":
  • How do you know that your application was "standard" and not exceptional?
  • Why is IRCC's posted processing time still "6 months"?

Reactions: AlvaroP

NMS@

Apr 5, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
O7-10-19
AOR Received.
07-10-19
To all those who are waiting with too much exhaustion - let me tell you that the new standard processing timeline is 10-12 months. I got my PR after 10 months. I waited for 300 days.
Give this process at least 15 months. Don't put you life on hold. Youngsters who quit their jobs should either start learning french or do some certification course. Look for another job in your native country, tell them that your visa process can be very unexpected. Don't sit idle at home. Way too much backlog. Join the gym. Pursue a hobby. MENTALLY PREPARE yourself to WAIT. Only THAT is the magic formula.

It is either in your destiny or it is not. Maybe something BETTER is in your destiny. Those who believe in mysticism should consult a numerologist/astrologist - some are really good at predicting the future.........
I believe asking to wait for ATLEAST 15 MONTHS is not at all right. I can understand that it took 10 months for you and it took 13 months for many others. But those are worst case situations. 80 percent cases are over in around 8-9 months.

Sometimes you need to order GCMS notes and act in case you are able to send in some additional documents to sort things out. Also, after sometime of submitting documents, many people read other cases online and realise their mistakes and act proactively to correct them. That's how it should be done. You need to keep your eyes wide open. It's a life changing phase and one needs to do everything that's possible.
Though i am not saying waiting is not a part of it. It definitely is.

Appreciate your suggestions to utilise the time while waiting. Waiting is pretty difficult.

oddy4real

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019

I respectfully disagree.

AlvaroP

Star Member
Oct 2, 2019
I believe @Vivir_Y_Aprender advice is wise. People get too nervous while waiting and have unrealistic expectations, I include myself in that group and give credit to his post.

Said that, the 10-12 months claim seems exaggerated according to the tracker data. We are only in January 2020 and more than half of 2019's cases have been finished. They are starting to process PPRs for October, that's 3 months for the earliest. The average is still under 6 months (exactly 166 days for FSW-O that eAPRed from 1st of January onwards). And the average is penalized by some extreme cases. I prefer to check the median, and the median seems to be around 5 months (check January 2020 AOR's thread for the last statistical data by @andy108).

Reactions: mayjuly

jovi12

Oct 31, 2019

It depends on your VO. Don't discourage people. I got my PPR in less than 3 months, 87 days to be precise (Rome VO). You never know when you'll get it.

Reactions: mayjuly

Mia.Ho

Jan 11, 2019
Hi guys,
Is there anyone who has VO is Edmonton receive any update on application yet? after reading many replies, I noticed VO Edmonton kinda slow in process the application compare to Others VO like Ottawa, etc.
I phoned IRCC today and found our my VO is Edmonton as well and there is no update on mine since MEP on Nov 08, even no letter request for Biometrics as well. the agent said everything is still under review. is it normal for CEC-inland?

Thanks folks

AlvaroP

Star Member
Oct 2, 2019
If you have previously given biometrics (I understand that you had a previous working visa, because you are a CEC) you won't need to give them again. Apart from that, it is normal. Edmonton is slow. My MEP was on Nov 27 and still nothing, I even was asked to provide new documents and no feedback on those since Nov. I am a FSW in Ottawa VO.

erhimanshuee

Oct 4, 2018
Hi guys,
Is there anyone who has VO is Edmonton receive any update on application yet? after reading many replies, I noticed VO Edmonton kinda slow in process the application compare to Others VO like Ottawa, etc.
I phoned IRCC today and found our my VO is Edmonton as well and there is no update on mine since MEP on Nov 08, even no letter request for Biometrics as well. the agent said everything is still under review. is it normal for CEC-inland?

Thanks folks
My VISA office is also Edmonton, Medicals passed on 8 Nov, no update on file. I inquired using web form and they replied "The background verifications are currently in process."

AlvaroP

Star Member
Oct 2, 2019
Terrible. Instead, it seems that London VO has been consistently processing applications in 80-120 days since July, both FSW and PNP.

nancystr

May 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
10-16-2019
AOR Received.
10-16-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
Aaaand it's official!

Stream: CEC Inland
AOR: October 16th
MEP: November 12th
RPRF Request: November 20th
Ghost Update: January 24th
Landing interview for PR: sent January 27th
Interview scheduled: February 1st

Visa Office: First Edmonton, then Vancouver

I'll become a PR on Saturday! So so so happy! :)

ehloimolino21

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Aaaand it's official!

Stream: CEC Inland
AOR: October 16th
MEP: November 12th
RPRF Request: November 20th
Ghost Update: January 24th
Landing interview for PR: sent January 27th
Interview scheduled: February 1st

Visa Office: First Edmonton, then Vancouver

I'll become a PR on Saturday! So so so happy! :)
congrats!! cec inland meaning with nomination?

Reactions: Gambino

nancystr

May 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
10-16-2019
AOR Received.
10-16-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019

ratan-229944

Star Member
Dec 19, 2018
Hi All,

AOR: October 3 2019.
Medical pass - 16 OCT 2019.

No update since then !!

yesterday called CIC for update. CIC informed me that the eligibility status is "Recommended: Pass".

what does eligibility "Recommended: Pass" mean ? does this says - all the submitted documents are verified by VO ? Also any idea how far my application is from PPR ?

Reactions: Richu

Richu

Jan 5, 2020
Hi All,

No update since then !!

yesterday called CIC for update. CIC informed me that the eligibility status is "Recommended: Pass".

what does eligibility "Recommended: Pass" mean ? does this says - all the submitted documents are verified by VO ? Also any idea how far my application is from PPR ?
M exactly at the same position.

Reactions: ratan-229944

prsingh

Feb 22, 2019
Connecticut, US
Hi All,

No update since then !!

Recommended Pass means that the junior officer has reviewed the eligibility and is pending with main officer