kanya2281

Star Member
Apr 25, 2015
App. Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 3 years
App. Sent Date: October 18, 2018
Acknowledgment on 7 Jan
Application started processing on Jan 17, 2019

Can someone please share link of google spreadsheet :)

thanks in advance

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
I will be living in another province for a month (I'm an Ottawa application). I'm planning to inform IRRC about this as to ask them for a reschedule (should I get invited in that month when I'm not in Ottawa), but is this wise? Should I just fly back to Ottawa? Or can I do the oath ceremony in another province and not Ottawa? Anyone had similar experience, can you advise?
I would call IRCC and inform them of the address change. They are usually very accommodating and will either give you a test location in your new province or give you the next convenient date in Ottawa. They test date will get pushed a bit (few weeks) at most, but you can avoid the hassle of traveling. I had to travel to to a family commitment and an IRCC agent simply put in a request for the next available test date. I got a confirmation from IRCC a week later informing me of the new date. I would start by calling IRCC. They are best reached in the morning (less wait time on the phone). Good luck.

Reactions: mmmtv

hsrussel

Jan 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
Nomination.....
23/12/2014
AOR Received.
27/01/2015
IELTS Request
Sent With docs
Med's Request
11/03/2015
Med's Done....
17/03/2015
Passport Req..
08/05/2015
VISA ISSUED...
20/05/2015
LANDED..........
15/09/2015
Received Oath Letter on 31st May; Ceremony: 25 June

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
ad
App. Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 3 years
App. Sent Date: October 18, 2018
Acknowledgment on 7 Jan
Application started processing on Jan 17, 2019

Can someone please share link of google spreadsheet :)

thanks in advance
added. Send me your app delivered date too

movinouter

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
I just passed my citizenship test in Calgary (18/20) and I'm having oath ceremony in about an hour. (yeah!)

I had a few stamps written in Chinese and Spanish (for Exit/Entry) and I was worried a bit about not bringing certified translation for those stamps as they mentioned in the invitation letter. But the official lady did not seem to mind at all. She compared them with my presence calculator paper and simply checked them away without saying a word.

The test was a bit trickier than I thought but I passed it anyway.

One thing I still feel like WOW is that I made a mistake with my presence calculator paper. When the official lady was checking my current/expired passports and comparing them with the presence calculator, she said that I missed one trip to the States and did not include it in my original presence calculator. The official lady asked me why I don't have that trip in my presence calculator paper as it is within the eligible period and I could not answer why. I thought I did include everything and as some of you know when you travel to the States they often don't give you a stamp. (although I had only entry stamp but no exit stamp). This gave me a sudden chill that I might not be invited for the oath ceremony later today even though I passed the test and wait for another few months for verification. BUT the official lady simply said she has to know how long that trip was and I said it was for Christmas and it was about 5 days. She simply wrote it down on that presence calculator paper and gave me the oath ceremony invitation letter, saying "See you in a bit!"
It was an honest but dumb mistake for sure and totally my mistake but miraculously everything turned out OK.

The whole process took me 7 months and a half. I was expecting to wait until the end of this year but Horray!

Wish all of you all the best in the next chapter of your life!

Last edited:
Reactions: GraceCan

pak-albert

Sep 27, 2018
I just passed my citizenship test in Calgary (18/20) and I'm having oath ceremony in about an hour. (yeah!)

I had a few stamps written in Chinese and Spanish (for Exit/Entry) and I was worried a bit about not bringing certified translation for those stamps as they mentioned in the invitation letter. But the official lady did not seem to mind at all. She compared them with my presence calculator paper and simply checked them away without saying a word.

The test was a bit trickier than I thought but I passed it anyway.

One thing I still feel like WOW is that I made a mistake with my presence calculator paper. When the official lady was checking my current/expired passports and comparing them with the presence calculator, she said that I missed one trip to the States and did not include it in my original presence calculator. The official lady asked me why I don't have that trip in my presence calculator paper as it is within the eligible period and I could not answer why. I thought I did include everything and as some of you know when you travel to the States they often don't give you a stamp. (although I had only entry stamp but no exit stamp). This gave me a sudden chill that I might not be invited for the oath ceremony later today even though I passed the test and wait for another few months for verification. BUT the official lady simply said she has to know how long that trip was and I said it was for Christmas and it was about 5 days. She simply wrote it down on that presence calculator paper and gave me the oath ceremony invitation letter, saying "See you in a bit!"
It was an honest but dumb mistake for sure and totally my mistake but miraculously everything turned out OK.

The whole process took me 7 months and a half. I was expecting to wait until the end of this year but Horray!

Wish all of you all the best in the next chapter of your life!
Congratulations.
Did they check your COPR.

movinouter

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Congratulations.
Did they check your COPR.
Thank you!
Yes they did.
They asked only PR card, Passports (current& expired), COPR, drivers license, and language proof.
The process was faster than I thought and interview was nothing more than passing out documents over the counter and asking a few simple questions.
She only asked whether I'm working and how long I've been working there.
She also made a quick mistake about the gap (addresses) I DID fill in in my application, asking why I don't have this period, let's say, and I did fill in everything, Look. And she said, Oh, Right... Never mind!
I had lots of travel history for the last 3 years and it could be confusing I understood. But the official lady was human and efficient. I'm grateful for that.

Last edited:

tropicflite

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
I'm happy to report that I attended my Oath Ceremony today in Scarborough and I am now a Canadian Citizen! It's been an amazing journey for me and my family, and I wish all of you the best of luck on yours!

Reactions: GraceCan

kanya2281

Star Member
Apr 25, 2015
Please lemme know when Mississauga applications start moving
Allied oct 18 , 2018
Got Email on 7 Jan, 2019
IN process since 16 Jan , 2019

Thanks,
Amandeep