+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

forsaken11

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
Thanks to everyone for their help on this forum. My journey is finally complete.

App sent: 22 Oct
App delivered: 29 Oct
AOR: 11 Jan
In Process ECAS: 22 Jan
Test Invite: 16 Apr
Test / Interview date: 1 May
Oath Invite letter given : 1 May (during interview)
Oath Ceremony: 2 May

Good luck to everyone else.

Reactions: Atam2006

GNPLC

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2015
Hello friends,
This forum is surely God's blessing. I would like to thank everyone in this journey, especially Citiraj who keeps updating the google sheet in seconds!!

Thank you God! I am very happy today - I received the oath date. God, may your name be praised forever for getting me through all the challenges of PR application and also the challenges of a new immigrant. I know, you were clearly working behind the scenes. You provided a means for living and paying bills! You sent people to help me. You solved many problems miraculously. I can never thank you enough. Thank you for taking care of your child so beautifully.

Spreadsheet user id: jcurtsy
Citizenship Grant- Application type: Single
Physical Presence days: 1097
Application Sent: Sep 29 2018
Application delivered: Oct 4 2018
AOR: Dec 18 2018
In Process ecase: Dec 28 2018 (please correct in spreadsheet)
Test Invite Letter: Feb 12 2019
Test/Interview Date: Apr 09 2019
Decision Made date ecase estimate: April 15 2019

Oath letter date: May 1 2019
Oath ceremony: June 18 2019
Congratulations. We give God all the Glory

whips

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-10-2014
Med's Request
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
07-11-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2015
Please update:
Decision Made on May 1st.
Also, when can I get the Oath Invitation? any idea, please?
September and that's if you're lucky. All the best

nudang99

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2015
Nomination.....
16-01-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
December 2015
Med's Done....
December 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 3 2016
VISA ISSUED...
August 16 2016
LANDED..........
August 18 2016

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
I guess it really depends on you - if you are willing to wait anywhere between 1 - 3 months (or longer!) to get a new date then don't lose your trip. There's really no way of knowing how long they will take to give you a new date and your location has a lot to do with it.

If you have an urgency to get your citizenship then I would miss the trip - you can always go to Hawaii again and you don't have the money you spent on the tickets with you anyway.

Just my 2 cents!
Thanks for the reply. I have decided not to meddle with the natural flow of citizenship process. Cheers :)

Reactions: nanni_doc

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
What is ATIP?
Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) act enables residents of Canada to get details on their application, which include electronic notes from the officer and any movement on their application. It gives a pretty good picture of where your application stands, any red flags and a reassurance that you have not missed any communication from the processing office.

To Apply: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

Cutefish

Dec 21, 2018
If you have have checked the spreadsheet you will know that you are not alone, I too am like you and many others (I am from Surrey). Calling IRCC getting info through other ways will only do that, get you info, if that helps with anxiety, sure go for it, but your application will move when its supposed to. So be patient, I have been checking my ecas daily twice ever since Feb, thats basically all we can do.
I am also waiting for invitation of test. January 15 in progress. And still pending today! I live in Burnaby, BC.

Reactions: nanni_doc

haiOath

May 5, 2019
Hi, I given my citizenship test on April 15th 2019 in Scarborough office and the status got updated to Decision made. When I verify application status in online I see the below got updated regarding oath ceremony. Whether we receive Oath ceremony letter information through email or mail? Till now I haven't received email regarding the below information. Checking every hour my inbox but no luck. Is there any one in this group having same issue. We need to wait some more time to receive email after status update in online? Waiting for email from the past 5 days :(

"We sent you a notice on May 1, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 15, 2019 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us"

Reactions: sani.awais

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hi, I given my citizenship test on April 15th 2019 in Scarborough office and the status got updated to Decision made. When I verify application status in online I see the below got updated regarding oath ceremony. Whether we receive Oath ceremony letter information through email or mail? Till now I haven't received email regarding the below information. Checking every hour my inbox but no luck. Is there any one in this group having same issue. We need to wait some more time to receive email after status update in online? Waiting for email from the past 5 days :(

"We sent you a notice on May 1, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 15, 2019 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us"
Please contact them tomorrow. Did you receive test invite through post?