+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

movinouter

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Fingerprint print done Feb 15,2019. Still waiting for update . Case specific inquiry confirmed that they received the report from RCMP
I did my FP on Feb 20 and called the IRCC on Mar 14. They did confirm that they received my FP result as well. Just coordinating to set the test date which will be soon, I was told by the agent.

movinouter

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
For those who had the test in Calgary, could you kindly tell me what time you had the test? (whether it is an early morning like 8 or 9 or late morning like 10 or 11) I'll have to coordinate with the car rental as I live in Canmore and I'm not sure what time I should pick up the car in order to get there well in advance. Thank you!

cecstatchk

Jan 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did my FP on Feb 20 and called the IRCC on Mar 14. They did confirm that they received my FP result as well. Just coordinating to set the test date which will be soon, I was told by the agent.
Same here. Did FP on 21st Feb and agent confirmed that they could see results on 13th Mar and they will contact soon for test.

ghostrideryu

Oct 18, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-11-2014 CC Charged....: 09-01-2015
Nomination.....
03-02-2015 PER
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Original - Passport, PR CARD, Provincial Health Card and Drivers License(basically 2 pieces of Canadian govt. issued photo id , atleast one with your picture in it) and proof of english and/or french language (transcripts/degree/yada yada)..

That's all you have to carry for the interview that follows your citizenship test...If you do have your COPR(Confirmation of Permanent Residence a.k.a Landing Confirmation Paper issued to your when you got your PR) carry it with you....probably they wont need it
I don't have an original of IELTS test as the one I had I gave when I applied for immigration. I guess they should have it so I hope they won't ask for original.

Similarly for WES education assessment, I've sent my original along with immigration paperwork for PR card. Again, hopefully they have on their file as it should be same department I guess.

Do you think this could be an issue? Is there anyone that is in the same situation as I am?

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
I don't have an original of IELTS test as the one I had I gave when I applied for immigration. I guess they should have it so I hope they won't ask for original.

Similarly for WES education assessment, I've sent my original along with immigration paperwork for PR card. Again, hopefully they have on their file as it should be same department I guess.

Do you think this could be an issue? Is there anyone that is in the same situation as I am?
Ielts they don’t want orginal. I don’t even think they will ask for Wes .

Reactions: ghostrideryu

jungrak9

Oct 25, 2018
I am currently away from Canada so cannot call CIC but I just checked that my status is updated and saying "take the oath of ceremony on May 5" I haven received an exam invitation and before this was request for finger printing which I completed. I dont understand why "invitation for test" step is skipped. I also did not get any email that indicating "oath of citizen and ceremony". Anybody knows what's going on? Maybe I get oath and ceremony date before the test invitation get sent out? Thank you for your inputs.

upandgoing

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
I am currently away from Canada so cannot call CIC but I just checked that my status is updated and saying "take the oath of ceremony on May 5" I haven received an exam invitation and before this was request for finger printing which I completed. I dont understand why "invitation for test" step is skipped. I also did not get any email that indicating "oath of citizen and ceremony". Anybody knows what's going on? Maybe I get oath and ceremony date before the test invitation get sent out? Thank you for your inputs.
What is your processing centre?

eveben

Oct 16, 2018
I was interviewed at Scarborough. They only checked my passport, health card, driver licence and PR card.

nanni_doc

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
warsawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 December 2014
Doc's Request.
13 May 2015
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
14 May 2015
Med's Done....
15 May 2015
Interview........
Third Line Update - 28 May 2015, DM/FLU - 25 June 2015
Passport Req..
7th July 2015; passports submitted: 7July 2015; Passports received back: 16 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
26 june 2015
LANDED..........
Hopefully in November
Can anyone answer the following questions please?
?
1. How many October applicants got FP request and has anyone got a test invite after submitting FP report? If yes, when?
I was asked for FP on 15th Feb and since I am not in Canada, I think they barely reached the IRCC office in Vancouver around the deadline time of 15th Mar. I will wait another week before contacting IRCC

2. I keep seeing many people are getting Oath invite and not Test invite on the portal and many of these people were who got FP request. Can anyone share their experience on what happened at the "oath day"

WaterFamily

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Well congrats for that! But how old are you? Maybe thas the reason you got exempted in test/interview.

mauritiusbride

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
there is a thread on this forum for this
.they got updated on ecas but no email for test ...One person said he will call near the oath date and will see if its system glitch or real updated by ircc...

better you do same