+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

sing.nb

Jul 18, 2017
are you able to access your wife's ecas via old name or new name ? try that first, and then write a case specific enquiry with a formal letter explaining everything. They should consider it .

Hi guys, I have following situation.

Yesterday I received AOR from CIC for my wife & me. However, wife 's AOR reflects her before marriage name which we filled during our PR application in back 2014. During PR process we have changed her passport with married name to Local Canadian consulate in India & got PR Visa & CO-PR with married name itself. After in Canada,we received all Canadian ID proofs with her married name only (e.g SIN card, PR Card, Driving License, Health Card etc). In short, she never uses her before marriage name at anywhere except her PR application. Also, during citizenship app she used her married name with all required supporting doc but don't know why such thing occured.

So I am just wondering how should I approach CIC to update their system with her current married name ? also, how should I connect CIC through phone or request letter ? and when will be best time to contact (means when they assign processing office to my file & transfer to local IRCC office or before that) ?

Looking forward some expert advice on this, so my case wont get unnecessary delay :)

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
Hello Everybody. We received our AOR. Admin, could you please update the spreadsheet? Timeline summary is included below. Thank you.

Member ID: canadamaple
Application type: Family (2)
Application Sent: Oct 23, 2018
Application Delivered: Oct 25, 2018
AOR: Jan 09, 2019

Last edited:

nbm1515

Oct 30, 2018
are you able to access your wife's ecas via old name or new name ? try that first, and then write a case specific enquiry with a formal letter explaining everything. They should consider it .
Yes, I could access ECAS with her before marriage name currently. Sure will address case specific request. I am wondering if it possible to address this issue over phone to IRCC ?

noesis

May 26, 2015
Hello, Could you please add to the spreadsheet:

Member ID: noesis
Application type: Family (2)
Application Sent: Oct 19, 2018
Application Delivered: Oct 22, 2018
AOR: Jan 10, 2019

benzi

Jan 7, 2019
Please update my details in October 2018 sheet:

ID: benzi
App. Type: Family (3)
Physical Presence Days: 1363
App. Sent Date: October 10, 2018
App. Delivered Date: October 12, 2018
ServiceXpresspost
Currently waiting for update from Canadian Immigration
Thanks

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
Please update my details in October 2018 sheet:

ID: benzi
App. Type: Family (3)
Physical Presence Days: 1363
App. Sent Date: October 10, 2018
App. Delivered Date: October 12, 2018
ServiceXpresspost
Currently waiting for update from Canadian Immigration
Thanks
added

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
Guys - is there any issues in changing the mobile number during the citizenship application in process period? if changing , can we make the update online through the ECAS tool?