+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

sunnytheshine

Feb 13, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
I got a call from CIC on Friday regarding my name split. They have asked to send any photo ID proof with correct name "Given" and "Surname" if I want to update my name on citizenship application.
Yesterday I have applied for Name change, (Spent around $215 in total $50 fingerprint and $165 for application) It will take around a month to get that then I will update my name on my DL and send it to CIC as proof. More delay in application now. :(

So on my Indian passport my given name and surname is written on my given name column due to which my PR only have my family name but no given name and same on all other Ids I have. In my citizenship application I wrote my name correctly "given name" and "surname" separately to fix the issue on my citizenship application.

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
I got a call from CIC on Friday regarding my name split. They have asked to send any photo ID proof with correct name "Given" and "Surname" if I want to update my name on citizenship application.
Yesterday I have applied for Name change, (Spent around $215 in total $50 fingerprint and $165 for application) It will take around a month to get that then I will update my name on my DL and send it to CIC as proof. More delay in application now. :(

So on my Indian passport my given name and surname is written on my given name column due to which my PR only have my family name but no given name and same on all other Ids I have. In my citizenship application I wrote my name correctly "given name" and "surname" separately to fix the issue on my citizenship application.
This issue is quite common for indian applicants i always wonder why is that? I mean dont they correctly fill passport info? Why given name and surname is written under given name only?

sunnytheshine

Feb 13, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
This issue is quite common for indian applicants i always wonder why is that? I mean dont they correctly fill passport info? Why given name and surname is written under given name only?
My parents and siblings passport have correct name, Its just mine. Thats what happens when government hires employees based on cast reservation instead of qualification/experience.

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
My parents and siblings passport have correct name, Its just mine. Thats what happens when government hires employees based on cast reservation instead of qualification/experience.
But i came across so many similar cases during my PR process as well from india. In pak they give you form printout before finalizing the ID card or passport so if we want to correct anythiny we can do it before they proceed. But anyways i hope you get through this quickly and get ur canadian passport with correct name

sunnytheshine

Feb 13, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
But i came across so many similar cases during my PR process as well from india. In pak they give you form printout before finalizing the ID card or passport so if we want to correct anythiny we can do it before they proceed. But anyways i hope you get through this quickly and get ur canadian passport with correct name
The Guy from CIC said either you do it now or you can do it after you get ur citizenship then apply again for citizenship certificate correction.

I think now with new passports its all online, but when I applied in 2010 it was manual form.

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
Finally received AOR, January 8!

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
My application is visible in ecas now.

Row 69 in spreadsheet
visible means can we assume it as in process? line 3 updated?

something like this :

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on "Date"
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on "Date"
  3. We started processing your application on "Date"

r1cebank

Oct 21, 2018
visible means can we assume it as in process? line 3 updated?

something like this :

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on "Date"
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on "Date"
  3. We started processing your application on "Date"
Sorry, line 3 is not there yet. :(

kvr

Mar 19, 2014
for me and my son - my email address. we both got seperate email in my mail box
wife gave her email id and she got one email from cic
Well I gave the same Email ID for both the applications..... Guess I have to wait for another email.

Thanks!