+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
I too called yesterday. Everything cleared except security. The agent said wait for 1 more month....... :(
Be ready for a long wait. I haven't seen anybody here whose security was cleared in 1-2 months actually. Currently CBSA either clears security in several days or put it to the comprehensive security screening which takes 5+ months. Of course, formally normal security checks should take several weeks, but I haven't seen a single person who heard "your security is in progress" and wasn't found to be under SS. Usually people get "your security hasn't been initiated yet" or "everything is passed" :(

I really hope that I'm mistaken.

Application18

Nov 19, 2018
Be ready for a long wait. I haven't seen anybody here whose security was cleared in 1-2 months actually. Currently CBSA either clears security in several days or put it to the comprehensive security screening which takes 5+ months. Of course, formally normal security checks should take several weeks, but I haven't seen a single person who heard "your security is in progress" and wasn't found to be under SS. Usually people get "your security hasn't been initiated yet" or "everything is passed" :(

so, in your opinion, if someone is in SS, they will only get their PPRs after 12 months of AOR?
Also, they will come to know about the fact they are in SS via GCMS notes only?

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
so, in your opinion, if someone is in SS, they will only get their PPRs after 12 months of AOR?
Also, they will come to know about the fact they are in SS via GCMS notes only?
If someone is under comprehensive SS, he can expect (based on current trend) some movement after 5-6 of the screening. It has nothing to do with the AOR date, CBSA doesn't care about anything but security checks.
It's literally impossible to know about SS from GCMS notes. Of course there are some common signs of SS, but only CBSA notes can shed light on the particular case.

Reactions: Application18

Application18

Nov 19, 2018
If someone is under comprehensive SS, he can expect (based on current trend) some movement after 5-6 of the screening. It has nothing to do with the AOR date, CBSA doesn't care about anything but security checks.
It's literally impossible to know about SS from GCMS notes. Of course there are some common signs of SS, but only CBSA notes can shed light on the particular case.
Oh okay, i ordered GCMS notes on 21st June, so i was asking.
I have eligibility met status since idk when mostly dec 2018 and no update otherwise.
whenever i have called they just say, eligibility is met and criminality and security haven't begun.
In email to ottawa they say, your application is in queue to be reviewed by an officer and they cannot estimate anything when my application will be completed.
So i was wondering if i am in SS or something.

Reactions: djangoboy

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
I have eligibility met status since idk when mostly dec 2018 and no update otherwise.
whenever i have called they just say, eligibility is met and criminality and security haven't begun.
In email to ottawa they say, your application is in queue to be reviewed by an officer and they cannot estimate anything when my application will be completed.
You can't be under SS if your security hasn't been initiated yet :)

Application18

Nov 19, 2018
You can't be under SS if your security hasn't been initiated yet :)
they (call center agents) say security and criminality haven't begun but they also say that case officers a lot of times do not update statuses online which is why we get to see the same status but this does not mean that they are not working on your file.
so idk what is the truth about criminality and security on my file. :-(

Priya0227

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2019

Wowwwwe
U mean another 5 months

Strange

Punjab94

Apr 12, 2019
Same with me as well bro

Reactions: Application18

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
24th may
Criminality and eligibility passed
If your security is not finished by the end of this month, 95% that you are under comprehensive SS. Order CBSA notes to be sure. If it's true, you can count 5-6 months from the beginning of security checks (which is October-November in your case) and expect some movements on your case there. We're in the same boat with you probably.

Blackhole

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
In a couple of days I've to call CIC again to see if the agent can send another reminder to the officer. This will be the third reminder as I've never received any update after the first two ones. Do you think that these reminders have any effect at all on the process?

Priya0227

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2019
If your security is not finished by the end of this month, 95% that you are under comprehensive SS. Order CBSA notes to be sure. If it's true, you can count 5-6 months from the beginning of security checks (which is October-November in your case) and expect some movements on your case there. We're in the same boat with you probably.
Ohh OK......
When did the security checks start for u?

ChildofGod77

Mar 9, 2017
Hello All,

Finally today is a day which I was waiting for from long time . I got PPR email today.

Below is timeline,

AOR; 4 October Inland CEC
Medical; 8 November
Order GCMC: somewhere in March
Found review required on my Canadian experience, and CRS score down by 40 points,

Called CIC almost 10 times,
MP ask them for 2 times, also I just called them 2 weeks ago, they told me file is still waiting for review. And today I got email,

I want to let all the people who is waiting for PPR to wait, I almost stop waiting for it and got the response today
Congratulations and have a great life in Canada!