+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
GUYS! I got my PPR!!! I am shaking, haha.
Here's some details:
Got an email from the generic donotreply@cic.gc.ca saying I had a new message in my account.
Logged onto my account and saw in the messages a new "Request Letter"
Had a mini heart attack because "Request Letter" has always meant ADR before
Opened the message and it was a request for photocopies of my passport, etc. for finalization of my application.

My timeline:
AOR Oct 6
ADR #1 Nov 6
ADR #2 Mar 1
Application internally "approved" Apr 15
PPR Jun 24
Total days AOR to PPR: 261
Woohoo! Waited for your PPR so much!
Congratulations!

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
Finally PPR today guys!

AOR: Oct 21
Meds passed: Nov 21
ADR: May 16...Submitted June 17
Ghost Update: June 20th & 21st
PPR: June 24

It has definitely been a hard journey but hang in there, it'll come when u least expect it!!
Congratulations! What a great day for October thread! :)

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
@MintyUK could you please update your table one last time? If you're not going to follow the thread anymore, I may maintain your table as I'm gonna stay here till at least September or October with my security :)

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
@MintyUK could you please update your table one last time? If you're not going to follow the thread anymore, I may maintain your table as I'm gonna stay here till at least September or October with my security :)
Do you think it would be better as a google sheet? That way people could put their own info in. You could copy a snapshot of it to the thread for visibility every so often if you like. In its current form, it's pretty time consuming to sift through a few dozen thread pages looking for updates every time you want to update the table.

Reactions: whiterabbit

NxBxS

Jun 24, 2019
Its okay I understand.
Gcms notes are basically a file that lists all the detials of our applications, the movement, assigned officer, and comments by the case analyst or visa officer, basically everything. They are very inexpensive($5) to order but once ordered, they take atleast 30 days.

According to what I have understood, an application can be delayed for 3 major reasons:
1. Review Required (RR) - if the case analyst has doubts with anything, our file is put in another queue for further verification. ( which is my case ) : a lot of cases like this
2. Security Screening (SS) - When a file is under extensive security checks. : I have seen only a few cases like this
3. Everything appears good, and still stuck for apparently no reason!! - again a lot of cases like this!

You will get acquainted with all such terminologies in a couple days. :)
Hi @kaurkaur where can I go to buy these GCMS notes?

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
Do you think it would be better as a google sheet? That way people could put their own info in. You could copy a snapshot of it to the thread for visibility every so often if you like. In its current form, it's pretty time consuming to sift through a few dozen thread pages looking for updates every time you want to update the table.
Great idea! Will try to find the latest version of the table and update as many records as I can find, and then will create a Google sheet based on the data.

NxBxS

Jun 24, 2019
If you are in Canada, call 1-888-242-2100. Once you navigate through all the menus and get to the end, sometimes there is a message that says basically "we're experiencing a high volume of calls and are unable to transfer you to an agent", then it hangs up on you. If this happens, keep calling back every 30 mins or so until you get through to a person. I have had better luck calling very early (8am) or very late (4:30pm) local time. Once you get through to an agent, they will be looking for specific questions, and do not usually volunteer information. I would suggest asking these specific questions:
  • What is the status of the eligibility, criminality, and security checks? Your goal is to find out for each of these whether the status is "not started", "in progress", "recommended pass" or "met". The last two are not the same. "Recommended pass" means a junior officer/analyst has checked your application and didn't see anything needing review, but it still needs to go to a senior officer to formally move it to "Met". It is possible (but unlikely) for a stage to go from "recommended pass" to "review required" when the senior officer gets to it. Once a stage is "Met", it is very unlikely to go for further review.
  • If any of the above stages are in progress, ask whether any are marked with "review required". If there is one (or more), ask which item is marked with review required, and whether there is anything you need to do. They may not give details, but may as well try.
  • Which office is the application being processed at? You may also ask if there is a primary and a secondary office, and which city they are in.
  • Finally, ask them to send a reminder to the processing office, asking for an update on the application. If they say they can't send a reminder, then if you are an inland applicant, you can try asking them to send a message asking if you can expect a passport request letter or a landing interview (your goal is to get some kind of question to the processing office via the call centre, to prompt movement on your case). note that the call centre will only send one reminder/message per application every 30 days.
Hi @MintyUK , I finally was able to speak with the IRCC. I found out that my CPC is Ottawa. My eligibility is in progress. Criminality and Security Checks has not been started. There are no additional documents required. She was unable to send a reminder to the CPC or any message because I guess of the stage im in. Kind of disappointed to say the least especially seeing that it's been 8 months.

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Hi @MintyUK , I finally was able to speak with the IRCC. I found out that my CPC is Ottawa. My eligibility is in progress. Criminality and Security Checks has not been started. There are no additional documents required. She was unable to send a reminder to the CPC or any message because I guess of the stage im in. Kind of disappointed to say the least especially seeing that it's been 8 months.
Since your eligibility is in progress, there is a good chance the GCMS notes will be able to tell you why it's taken so long. It may be that there is no good reason and you see no action on your file since your medicals were passed, but hopefully there are some notes in there from the officer that will give you some insight. You may even be able to figure out if there is some additional document you could upload to clear up any concerns they have. Here's hoping that after you order them, your PPR arrives before you even receive the notes :)

Abh91

May 8, 2019
Just got off the phone with IRCC, my security is still in progress but I have a new bring-forward date for 12th July 2019 and she confirmed the date the security started which is 12th of April 2019. Fingers crossed for an update after 3-month security!
@whiterabbit are you planning on calling soon or waiting for the CBSA notes? Did they give you a bring-forward date last time you called them?

Reactions: whiterabbit

irlames

Aug 30, 2018
Since your eligibility is in progress, there is a good chance the GCMS notes will be able to tell you why it's taken so long. It may be that there is no good reason and you see no action on your file since your medicals were passed, but hopefully there are some notes in there from the officer that will give you some insight. You may even be able to figure out if there is some additional document you could upload to clear up any concerns they have. Here's hoping that after you order them, your PPR arrives before you even receive the notes :)
I have you question. I just called IRCC and the agent said Eligibility - Met / Criminality and Security - Not Started Yet. But my online application is on IP1 stage and when I received an email from CPC ottawa it said I was on queue for review by an officer. How could it be possible to be Review Required and Elibility Met ? ( AOR 17th October 2018 )