+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

NxBxS

Jun 24, 2019
Hi there,

Just learning about this forum as I've been waiting awhile to hear back on my application. Applied within Canada. Here's some background..

ITA: August 9th
AOPR: October 10th
Passed Medicals:November 7th

If you can link me to any information or anyone with a similar timeline that would be helpful! Thank you!!

NxBxS

Jun 24, 2019
I got a ghost after 2 days after submitting the ADR and when I called I was told that my eligibility is passed. Also, last week I got a PRPF request so that seems except security everything is good.
How can I request this report?

kaurkaur

May 5, 2015
Punjab
Hi there,

Just learning about this forum as I've been waiting awhile to hear back on my application. Applied within Canada. Here's some background..

If you can link me to any information or anyone with a similar timeline that would be helpful! Thank you!!
Hi,
AOR - 9th October
MEP - 7th Nov
IP2 - 1 March
No updates since then. Since you are inland you must have been in IP2 from the first or second month. Have you ordered GCMS?

Reactions: akashrupareliya
Apr 4, 2019
Hi there,

Hello I am in the same situation.

Applied within Canada.

ITA: September 19th
AOR: October 7th
Medical passed: November 7th
Office: Sydney and then transferred to Montreal because there were more applications in Sydney office. So they decided to share the load with the Montreal office.
Criminality Started: approx 1 month ago.

Still waiting!

Reactions: NxBxS

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Hi there,

There are a few things you can do to try to find more about your case and find others in a similar situation on the forums. Now that you have been waiting a lot more than 6 months, your AOR is less meaningful than a few other factors, such as:
  • Your stream - if you are inland, such as CEC or PNP-I, your case is already different from most people on the Oct AOR thread (90% are outland FSW). Inland applicants face different delays such as being assigned to a smaller office, waiting for potential interview instead of PPR, etc. (I am CEC inland)
  • Your Case Processing Centre (office where your file is being processed) - Most people here have CPC Ottawa, but many people (especially inland) are transferred to smaller offices for workload sharing. This typically means you will be waiting longer, as the main function of these offices is not permanent residence processing, so we can get somewhat sidelined. (I have CPC Edmonton)
  • The status of the three major areas of application processing - Eligibility, Criminality, Security. These can give you some insight into whether there are any outstanding issues that you could maybe do something about. (mine have all been met, and my application provisionally approved since Apr 15)
  • How many additional document requests (ADRs) you have received, and when the last one was. Each ADR can delay your application by a couple of months. (I had two, most recently in March)
You can find out your CPC office, and the status of Eligibility, Criminality, and Security by calling the IRCC call centre and asking them directly whether each one is "not started", "in progress", "recommended passed" or "met". You can also ask if there is any "review required" on any of these areas. Calling will give you an immediate snapshot of your application status. However, if you want details, for example why you have review required (if any), you need to order GCMS notes. These notes will contain all of the actions and notes (though with some items redacted), but it takes a month or so to arrive and so will be out of date.

Last edited:

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
GUYS! I got my PPR!!! I am shaking, haha.
Here's some details:
Got an email from the generic donotreply@cic.gc.ca saying I had a new message in my account.
Logged onto my account and saw in the messages a new "Request Letter"
Had a mini heart attack because "Request Letter" has always meant ADR before
Opened the message and it was a request for photocopies of my passport, etc. for finalization of my application.

My timeline:
AOR Oct 6
ADR #1 Nov 6
ADR #2 Mar 1
Application internally "approved" Apr 15
PPR Jun 24
Total days AOR to PPR: 261

jg123

Mar 16, 2019
Here's some details:
Got an email from the generic donotreply@cic.gc.ca saying I had a new message in my account.
Opened the message and it was a request for photocopies of my passport, etc. for finalization of my application.

My timeline:
AOR Oct 6
ADR #1 Nov 6
ADR #2 Mar 1
PPR Jun 24
Great news! Congrats

Reactions: MintyUK

apurvchaudhary

May 25, 2018
Here's some details:

My timeline:
AOR Oct 6
ADR #1 Nov 6
ADR #2 Mar 1
PPR Jun 24
Awesome...
Congratulations buddy..:)

ciscomathew

Star Member
Apr 9, 2019
Here's some details:

My timeline:
AOR Oct 6
ADR #1 Nov 6
ADR #2 Mar 1
PPR Jun 24
Many cngrtzz....

NxBxS

Jun 24, 2019
Hi,
AOR - 9th October
MEP - 7th Nov
IP2 - 1 March
No updates since then. Since you are inland you must have been in IP2 from the first or second month. Have you ordered GCMS?

Hi there, @kaurkaur thanks for responding. No, I haven't ordered a GCMS. What is that and what information does it provide? Sorry for all the questions. I'm new to the thread and I've seen GCMS /SS etc floating around in some responses but unsure what they meant.

sfvan

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
Category........
FSW
Here's some details:

My timeline:
AOR Oct 6
ADR #1 Nov 6
ADR #2 Mar 1
PPR Jun 24

AWESOME!!! Congrats!

Anbor

Apr 29, 2019
Hi friends,
I've just called IRCC and there was a strange thing when I was told on voicemail that they "can not provide information" on my file? but when I got to the agent - it appears that I passed all stages just last week ( last ADR - sent on June 13th). Does it look OK to you?

Reactions: NxBxS

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Hi friends,
I've just called IRCC and there was a strange thing when I was told on voicemail that they "can not provide information" on my file? but when I got to the agent - it appears that I passed all stages just last week ( last ADR - sent on June 13th). Does it look OK to you?
Sounds like great news. Typically it takes 2-3 weeks from all stages passed to PPR. In my case, it took 9 weeks, but I think this kind of delay is unusual.

Reactions: Anbor

NxBxS

Jun 24, 2019
Hi friends,
What number did you call?

NxBxS

Jun 24, 2019
There are a few things you can do to try to find more about your case and find others in a similar situation on the forums. Now that you have been waiting a lot more than 6 months, your AOR is less meaningful than a few other factors, such as:
  • Your stream - if you are inland, such as CEC or PNP-I, your case is already different from most people on the Oct AOR thread (90% are outland FSW). Inland applicants face different delays such as being assigned to a smaller office, waiting for potential interview instead of PPR, etc. (I am CEC inland)
  • Your Case Processing Centre (office where your file is being processed) - Most people here have CPC Ottawa, but many people (especially inland) are transferred to smaller offices for workload sharing. This typically means you will be waiting longer, as the main function of these offices is not permanent residence processing, so we can get somewhat sidelined. (I have CPC Edmonton)
  • The status of the three major areas of application processing - Eligibility, Criminality, Security. These can give you some insight into whether there are any outstanding issues that you could maybe do something about. (mine have all been met, and my application provisionally approved since Apr 15)
  • How many additional document requests (ADRs) you have received, and when the last one was. Each ADR can delay your application by a couple of months. (I had two, most recently in March)
You can find out your CPC office, and the status of Eligibility, Criminality, and Security by calling the IRCC call centre and asking them directly whether each one is "not started", "in progress", "recommended passed" or "met". You can also ask if there is any "review required" on any of these areas. Calling will give you an immediate snapshot of your application status. However, if you want details, for example why you have review required (if any), you need to order GCMS notes. These notes will contain all of the actions and notes (though with some items redacted), but it takes a month or so to arrive and so will be out of date.

Hi @MintyUK !!

Thanks so much for this indepth response. I've called IRCC before but to no avail and got automated messages. Would you be able to provide the number I can call? I may have used the wrong one in the past.