+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
In our case we really hope so, since we've attached some documents (job offer) that we hope could make a difference. But if we didn't have anything and were just checking in, my impression is that it is the same as calling. Maybe someone else knows exactly the difference...
Maybe it is useful for a specific case like that, where you are sending them new information. The generic responses are probably for CSEs where the applicant is requesting information (asking a question, asking for an update, etc.).

Jas.singh0804

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottowa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
24-10-2108
I am sorry. Maybe my answer should have been more polite.
The example I gave supports the argument that the processing of any application is governed by the immigration law. As far as I know, there is nothing in that law that would allow prioritizing based on the NOC.
If economic need had been the case, then CEC applicants who are currently employed would have had the fastest processing
Yes truly said .. I totally agree.. but the info i got is very reliable.. may b currently they are issuing as per NOC.. rest everything is unpredictable.. anyways all the best to everyone...

Jas.singh0804

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottowa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
24-10-2108
Sorry, but the tone of your message was like you know for sure that NOC defines the speed what is not true. Additionally, you mentioned that your friend is of the Canadian officials. Combining these two things, info which you provided can lead to the confusion of current and/or future applicants.
Lol.. don’t worry dear.. my tone was not meant to create sny panic.. i also shared that 1800 applications are being processed daily.. so keep the hopes alive.. if i have moved on doesn’t mean everyone has to move on..o wish n pray everyone gets PPR soon..

Blackhole

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Genuine question here - are CSEs ever really useful? Every response I have read seems to be one out of two possible generic responses:
1) Basically "your application is in progress, we can't tell you when it will be done, there is nothing you need to do except wait"
2) Basically "your application requires additional review so normal processing times do not apply, we can't tell you when it will be done, there is nothing you need to do except wait"

First one tells you literally nothing, except maybe that you are not under eligibility "review required". Second one tells you that you might have eligibility "review required". Can't you get this info (and way more detail) from a call centre agent, without waiting 1-2 weeks?

For most cases you are right as even the agents don't have access to the details of our applications. But sometimes you can get a bit more information from CSE than calling an agent. For example a few weeks ago I called the centre and I got some general information (background and eligibility under review etc...) and at a same I got an email replying to my CSE request and in the email they said "The initial assessment to ensure your application is complete has been finalized. " and also told about the current location of my application.

So I think even though it does not give more info all the time, since we have very limited tools for contacting CIC, it is not a bad idea to use CSE once every couple of months for any possible update in our applications.

Reactions: MintyUK

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
For most cases you are right as even the agents don't have access to the details of our applications. But sometimes you can get a bit more information from CSE than calling an agent. For example a few weeks ago I called the centre and I got some general information (background and eligibility under review etc...) and at a same I got an email replying to my CSE request and in the email they said "The initial assessment to ensure your application is complete has been finalized. " and also told about the current location of my application.

So I think even though it does not give more info all the time, since we have very limited tools for contacting CIC, it is not a bad idea to use CSE once every couple of months for any possible update in our applications.
Good to know. Although the call centre agents are supposed to have access to your application details and can see all of the notes, the office your application is processed at, status of each stage etc. I got all of that info from the agent when I called them. What they don't know is what date an officer will pick your application up next. Probably not even the officer knows that!

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
Good to know. Although the call centre agents are supposed to have access to your application details and can see all of the notes, the office your application is processed at, status of each stage etc. I got all of that info from the agent when I called them. What they don't know is what date an officer will pick your application up next. Probably not even the officer knows that!
True. Called two times, both agents were extremely helpful and friendly. They provided me with all current details, answered my questions and clarified things about my application. Yesterday the agent also told me that he would send a reminder to the responsible officer. I'm not sure that it's possible to get half of amount of this information in a CSE response.

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
Genuine question here - are CSEs ever really useful? Every response I have read seems to be one out of two possible generic responses:
1) Basically "your application is in progress, we can't tell you when it will be done, there is nothing you need to do except wait"
2) Basically "your application requires additional review so normal processing times do not apply, we can't tell you when it will be done, there is nothing you need to do except wait"

First one tells you literally nothing, except maybe that you are not under eligibility "review required". Second one tells you that you might have eligibility "review required". Can't you get this info (and way more detail) from a call centre agent, without waiting 1-2 weeks?
I would agree with you. Aside from sending new documents, the CSE doesn't seem like it can do much.
Maybe it wasn't really created for asking about people's case status?

I think IRCC customer service would really take a lot of load off of its back if the online status actually showed accurate information about what's being checked and what hasn't started yet, since that's what callers usually ask about.

But either way, there is nothing else we can do to facilitate the process, so our hands are tied.

Reactions: MintyUK

ayaz_acca

Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
19-11-2018
True. Called two times, both agents were extremely helpful and friendly. They provided me with all current details, answered my questions and clarified things about my application. Yesterday the agent also told me that he would send a reminder to the responsible officer. I'm not sure that it's possible to get half of amount of this information in a CSE response.
Did u order notes? My security started same as urs on 8 April and still not concluded.
Received my notes and found s15 with blank page. So assuming i am under security screening :mad::mad:

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017

I did testing on this and posted the results here some time ago,

I sent a CSE copy-pasting their generic response and asked if they have anything new to add other than this;

Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario
We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.
The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.
The background verifications are currently in process.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

They replied;

The medical examination results on file are valid for you.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
I did testing on this and posted the results here some time ago,

I sent a CSE copy-pasting their generic response and asked if they have anything new to add other than this;

Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario
We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.
The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.
The background verifications are currently in process.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

They replied;

The medical examination results on file are valid for you.

:D:D:D:D:D:D
Well, you gotta give it to them for humoring you.

Kittyy

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018

I have sent cse in french language they first answer me in english from the the cpc office ottawa saying that my app is in queue for review and they send me a second answer in french saying that my app is under review, so my understanding is all those ansewrs are generic they verified the information about the application and they send a generic answer for everybody. Its a waste of our and their time to send an enquiry we just have to wait

ayaz_acca

Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
19-11-2018
Yep, ordered CBSA notes yesterday. I still hope for the best, but I will take it if I'm under SS. Several months here, several months there, who cares now :D
Great that is positiveness we need.
Bu the way what CBSA notes will reveal?
Any benefit of ordering them ?

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Got my GCMS notes last night. Some help needed.

Is this update valid? The label says "entered in error".

What does the Secondary Office do?
Labeled as Entered in error means that the immigration officer made a wrong entry and when he/she realized he labeled it as an error. nothing to worry.

Reactions: Adityas22

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Did u order notes? My security started same as urs on 8 April and still not concluded.
Received my notes and found s15 with blank page. So assuming i am under security screening :mad::mad:
Security takes 2-12 weeks, so relax and keep checking your email, the day is not that far when the golden email is going to drop in.