+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

sankarrx

Dec 14, 2014
My application gonna finish 8 months next week. Got my second set of GCMS and came to know that the primary and secondary visa office changed to Vancouver and Edmonton from Ottawa and Vegreville.
Eligibility: recommend pass, medical: passed, criminality: passed, security: not started
It is the same status from the past 3 months
Don't know what is happening, my job contract is going to end in 3 months. Need to look for a new job, but got struck with this stringent immigration system.

morcerf

May 30, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
Nomination.....
06-08-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
Passport Req..
16-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2019
Got my GCMS notes last night. Some help needed.

Is this update valid? The label says "entered in error".

What does the Secondary Office do?

morcerf

May 30, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
Nomination.....
06-08-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
Passport Req..
16-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2019

Manali Deshpande

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
You were right. I got the answer form my MP, he forwarded the email from IRCC :
We are pleased to provide you with the following details about the status of your constituent’s application for permanent residence under Canadian Experience Class :

• The application was approved on April 11, 2019 and the current processing times for landing appointments at the Vancouver IRCC is 3 months.

At least now I have something in writing to show to my employer, and now I can sit and patiently wait :)
Hello @kattarrina , how did you get in touch with the MP and how much time does he take to reply?is it for the inland applicants only ?

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
The statistics on this is actually quite interesting. Take it with a grain of salt, but my analysis suggests that if you survive the first 2 months after AOR without refusal, then your chance of refusal is halved, then if you survive until 4 months after AOR, then it halves again, then after 6 months the chance is the same as at 4 months, then after 8 months the chance of refusal slowly goes up again. But even after 10 months, the chance still is not quite as high as it was on the day of your AOR.

Not a very useful analysis really, but interesting to me at least.
I think it can be easily explained: nobody touches applications in 2-4 months after submission :D

I mean, in first two months they check R10, PCC, meds, and then they leave files untouched. And after 4 months they start checking eligibility and might keep doing for months - that's why they can refuse a file anytime. Maybe when it comes to 6 months, if they can not clear it, they put it into RR to come back after 7-8 months :)

The point is that the file can't be rejected if it is untouched :D
So, based on your statistics we can say when officers normally process our files, really :)

Reactions: SithLord

Jas.singh0804

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottowa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
24-10-2108
Just had a word with someone in Canada with links in immigration office..

Acc to him..

IRCC is processing 1800 applications per day.. including study visas n all .. and issuing PPR as per economical requirements i.e NOC wise.. mostly.. hence files are in queue for a review by visa officer.. those occupations highly in demand gets PPR even in 100 days.. so wait guys.. nothing can be done.. don’t panic..

morcerf

May 30, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
Nomination.....
06-08-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
Passport Req..
16-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2019

Acc to him..

IRCC is processing 1800 applications per day.. including study visas n all .. and issuing PPR as per economical requirements i.e NOC wise.. mostly.. hence files are in queue for a review by visa officer.. those occupations highly in demand gets PPR even in 100 days.. so wait guys.. nothing can be done.. don’t panic..
Did you find out which NOC’s are being processed faster?

OnyekaEje

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
I had an ADR (Additional Family Information) on Wednesday, submitted it on Thursday & today being Friday, my status is: We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
I hope PPR comes in real quick.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017

Acc to him..

I always knew there had to be some system they follow. There were many theories about priortizing applicants based on NOC so this seems to be true now.

Australia also follows same system. Anyone with score of above 80 and has an occupation in demand gets his PR in 3-4 months whereas the rest are processed in 9-12 months.

Reactions: Jas.singh0804

Jas.singh0804

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottowa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
24-10-2108
Did you find out which NOC’s are being processed faster?
Currently.. professional managers and dentists being prioritised.. but this information is confidential.. so nothing much can be concluded.. i just asked for engineering stream.. i am a mechanical engineer.. who are not much in demand currently.. so m heading back to my professional life now.. as wait will be much longer..

All the best everyone..:)

Reactions: Naruto_Uzumaki

Adityas22

Star Member
Feb 5, 2019

Acc to him..

Thanks for this update. My NOC is 5131 which is of least demand, I must say. I work as a television creative producer. Is there anyone on this forum with similar NOC?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Thanks for this update. My NOC is 5131 which is of least demand, I must say. I work as a television creative producer. Is there anyone on this forum with similar NOC?
NOC 5241 here. Graphic Designer

Although my NOC is in demand in Manitoba and Ontario. However, I picked BC as province of destination. Not sure if maybe that is causing the delay.

morcerf

May 30, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
Nomination.....
06-08-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
Passport Req..
16-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2019
Currently.. professional managers and dentists being prioritised.. but this information is confidential.. so nothing much can be concluded.. i just asked for engineering stream.. i am a mechanical engineer.. who are not much in demand currently.. so m heading back to my professional life now.. as wait will be much longer..

All the best everyone..:)
That’s disappointing. My NOC is 2173, Software Engineer. With the tech sector booming in Canada, this should have been one of the prioritised NOC’s.

We must all settle in for the long wait.

Reactions: Adityas22

Jas.singh0804

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottowa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
24-10-2108
That’s disappointing. My NOC is 2173, Software Engineer. With the tech sector booming in Canada, this should have been one of the prioritised NOC’s.

We must all settle in for the long wait.
NOC 2173 has too many applications dear.. many are lined up.. so after NOC they might have other criterias.. to release PPR.. but NOC priority is primary one..