+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

Rijsp

Apr 2, 2019
The three simple steps to read your GCMS notes:

1. Verify that they are your notes by checking your application number, your name and date of birth on page 1.

2. See page 2 for the assessments. This is the overview of your application stages. To read on stages, see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

3. Then flip to the last 3-5 pages, this is where the notes entered by the immigration officers are and will provide you with the details.

Once done, you will have a clear grip of your application and then you can read in details about the assessments and calculations and the incoming and outgoing documents which will be in the middle of your notes.
Assessments column shows
Eligibility :passed-candidate
Rest all columns are blank
& in other reqs column shows:failed-candidate.
What it means

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Assessments column shows
Eligibility :passed-candidate
Rest all columns are blank
& in other reqs column shows:failed-candidate.
What it means
Can you post the screenshot of your notes here.

Usually the candidate passed, refers to the fact that the information you filled in the for, based on that your eligibility is passed. The officers have not yet started assessing your application.

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Ok, how much time exactly?

No I have not checked CBSA or CSIS notes. How do I check those?
Security takes 1-3 months on an average and in some cases it might cross this mark.
You can order the notes from the link mentioned in my sig.

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
I received my gcms notes. It's too lengthy.
Pls advise how to analyse that
Focus on 3-4 page, that will help to understand the stage, Med/Eligibility/ Criminality/Security. After that go to the pages at the end, you will see notes. Check for R10/ A11.2

ashwin1400

Sep 25, 2018
Did you get a ghost update before PPR?
I didn't get a ghost update. This is actually something I wanted to ask you and anybody else on the forum that might have come across this situation.. (Hopefully this also serves as motivation for some of you to see a letter like this soon! ) We received something called an 'information letter' in our CIC account that looks almost identical to the PPR email except that there seems to have one additional step.

Our letter states the following:
The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. You must complete the following steps within 7 days in order for your Confirmation of Permanent Residence to be issued.
The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC) office responsible for issuing you a Confirmation of Permanent Residence will contact you shortly to arrange an appointment for your landing.

STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION
If any of the following conditions apply, you must inform us immediately via e-mail to: CIC-OTTAWA-IMMIGRATION@cic.gc.ca.
 Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;
 Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;
 Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;
 You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

STEP 2: CONFIRM YOUR PLACE OF RESIDENCE
If you and all family members included in the application are in Canada, you are not required to submit your passports or apply for an authorization to enter the country. The IRCC office responsible for issuing your Confirmation of Permanent Residence will contact you to make an appointment to finalize your application. If you and/or your family members are NOT currently residing in Canada, you need to advise us of your current place of residence as this may impact the issuing procedures of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and/or visa. Please advise us immediately by e-mail to: CIC-OTTAWA-IMMIGRATION@cic.gc.ca
***Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.***

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
When you receive communication from the responsible IRCC office for your appointment, please make sure to bring the following documents:
1. Original Passport(s) for all people included in the application.
2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

In most of the 'Ready for Visa' emails, it looks like they directly provide the address to send the passport to but for us, they put an additional step of asking us where we reside (Step 2) before they provide that information. Is there anything to be concerned about? How long does the next step take to receive the passport submission request?

Mirapakay

Feb 18, 2019
Thank you @MintyUK for posting the updated chart. Based on the chart, there are 45 people from October who are yet to receive decision on their application. It would be nice if the chart is sorted by AOR as suggested by someone. Thanks again!

bhu1

Star Member
Jan 21, 2019
But Jan and subsequent months wont face such a delay due to the introduction of biometric
Fewer and fewer messages in the thread everyday... I remember how I read the August thread in April and was sooo dissapointed for these guys that were waiting for 7-8 months, but now we're about to become the same thread for Dec-Jan folks.

morcerf

May 30, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
Nomination.....
06-08-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
Passport Req..
16-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2019
I finally got my notes on May 16th, exactly 35 days after I requested them on April 11th. Status as per notes generated on May 12th:

Eligibility: Review Required
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: Complete

Case Analyst Recommendation dated Feb 26: Review Required MI3 SUMMARY NOTES: LOES FOR WORK EXPERIENCES ARE BOTH FROM THE EMPLOYMENT AGENCY THAT PLACED THEM, NO DOCUMENT SUBMITTED FROM THE BANKS WHERE THEY WORKED. PLEASE REVIEW FUNDS. A11.2: Appears Met R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS – Appears Met R76: SELECTION CRITERIA – FSW POINTS/Funds: Appears Met FSW points total: 70 Outstanding Documents (Not Requested): - RPRF Ready to Finalize RPRF: Outstanding

SETTLEMENT FUNDS: PA HAD CAD$17,107 DEPOSITED INTO ACCOUNT ON 2018/08/29, AND CAD$3,585 DEPOSITED ON 2018/09/09. NO EXPLANATION OF FUNDS.

INTEGRATED SEARCH (FOSS/GCMS): PA: No trace other than present application SPOUSE/CL: Not in Status NO ADVERSE INFORMATION: CHILD 1: No trace other than present application CHILD 2: No trace other than present application

Regarding employment, it is a common practice here for banks to have outsourced staff from employment agencies for headcount reduction and cost cutting purposes. So, my experience letters are not from the banks that I worked at, but from the employment agencies. The hours, duties etc are clearly mentioned on the letters including the names of the banks I worked for.

Regarding the Proof of funds, I provided a statement as of September 2018. We got our ITA in August and the two deposits mentioned in the notes were from my husband to meet our POF requirements. We have shown more than what is required for a family of 4.

In the INTEGRATED SEARCH (FOSS/GCMS) it says Spouse not in status. Is that normal?

Does anyone know what Info Sharing, MI3, A11.2, R75 and R76 mean? Do I just sit tight and wait for them to send me ADRs for the above concerns? I am not sure what more I can provide for these anyway. Any suggestions?

@legalfalcon it would be great if you could shed some light on this. Thanks in advance!
I'm not an expert but I think you should upload Letters of Explanation (LOE) for both employment and proof of funds. Do it as quickly as you can.
In the letters, explain why your experience letters are not from the banks, and from where you received your funds. If they were given to you as a gift from a family member, get a gift certificate made, and upload that as well.

Reactions: sfvan

Jas.singh0804

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottowa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
24-10-2108
I didn't get a ghost update. This is actually something I wanted to ask you and anybody else on the forum that might have come across this situation.. (Hopefully this also serves as motivation for some of you to see a letter like this soon! ) We received something called an 'information letter' in our CIC account that looks almost identical to the PPR email except that there seems to have one additional step.

Our letter states the following:
The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. You must complete the following steps within 7 days in order for your Confirmation of Permanent Residence to be issued.
The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC) office responsible for issuing you a Confirmation of Permanent Residence will contact you shortly to arrange an appointment for your landing.

STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION
If any of the following conditions apply, you must inform us immediately via e-mail to: CIC-OTTAWA-IMMIGRATION@cic.gc.ca.
 Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;
 Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;
 Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;
 You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

STEP 2: CONFIRM YOUR PLACE OF RESIDENCE
If you and all family members included in the application are in Canada, you are not required to submit your passports or apply for an authorization to enter the country. The IRCC office responsible for issuing your Confirmation of Permanent Residence will contact you to make an appointment to finalize your application. If you and/or your family members are NOT currently residing in Canada, you need to advise us of your current place of residence as this may impact the issuing procedures of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and/or visa. Please advise us immediately by e-mail to: CIC-OTTAWA-IMMIGRATION@cic.gc.ca
***Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.***

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
When you receive communication from the responsible IRCC office for your appointment, please make sure to bring the following documents:
1. Original Passport(s) for all people included in the application.
2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

In most of the 'Ready for Visa' emails, it looks like they directly provide the address to send the passport to but for us, they put an additional step of asking us where we reside (Step 2) before they provide that information. Is there anything to be concerned about? How long does the next step take to receive the passport submission request?
I think you should call CiC.. are you inland or outland applicant.. ? Because as per conditions or steps mentioned.. these are to be full filled by inland applications.. Landing Interviews n all.. i might be wrong but it looks like by appointment they meant interview before issuing COPR...

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
I finally got my notes on May 16th, exactly 35 days after I requested them on April 11th. Status as per notes generated on May 12th:

Case Analyst Recommendation dated Feb 26: Review Required MI3 SUMMARY NOTES: LOES FOR WORK EXPERIENCES ARE BOTH FROM THE EMPLOYMENT AGENCY THAT PLACED THEM, NO DOCUMENT SUBMITTED FROM THE BANKS WHERE THEY WORKED. PLEASE REVIEW FUNDS. A11.2: Appears Met R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS – Appears Met R76: SELECTION CRITERIA – FSW POINTS/Funds: Appears Met FSW points total: 70 Outstanding Documents (Not Requested): - RPRF Ready to Finalize RPRF: Outstanding

SETTLEMENT FUNDS: PA HAD CAD$17,107 DEPOSITED INTO ACCOUNT ON 2018/08/29, AND CAD$3,585 DEPOSITED ON 2018/09/09. NO EXPLANATION OF FUNDS.

INTEGRATED SEARCH (FOSS/GCMS): PA: No trace other than present application SPOUSE/CL: Not in Status NO ADVERSE INFORMATION: CHILD 1: No trace other than present application CHILD 2: No trace other than present application

Regarding employment, it is a common practice here for banks to have outsourced staff from employment agencies for headcount reduction and cost cutting purposes. So, my experience letters are not from the banks that I worked at, but from the employment agencies. The hours, duties etc are clearly mentioned on the letters including the names of the banks I worked for.

Regarding the Proof of funds, I provided a statement as of September 2018. We got our ITA in August and the two deposits mentioned in the notes were from my husband to meet our POF requirements. We have shown more than what is required for a family of 4.

In the INTEGRATED SEARCH (FOSS/GCMS) it says Spouse not in status. Is that normal?

Does anyone know what Info Sharing, MI3, A11.2, R75 and R76 mean? Do I just sit tight and wait for them to send me ADRs for the above concerns? I am not sure what more I can provide for these anyway. Any suggestions?

@legalfalcon it would be great if you could shed some light on this. Thanks in advance!
Ministerial Instructions (MI3): Federal Skilled Workers, Immigrant Investor Program, Entrepreneurs
Effective July 1, 2011, the third set of Ministerial Instructions (MI3) further limited the intake of new FSW applications by lowering the global cap to 10,000, with sub-caps of 500 for each of the 29 priority occupations. It introduced an annual cap of 700 for new applications made under the federal Immigrant Investor Program, and also included a temporary moratorium on Entrepreneur applications while that program undergoes review.

A11.2 - This is for your CRS calculation according to the doc submitted

R75 - This is to make sure that you met the definition of Federal skill worker
R76 -
Selection criteria

• 76 (1) For the purpose of determining whether a skilled worker, as a member of the federal skilled worker class, will be able to become economically established in Canada, they must be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
    • (a) the skilled worker must be awarded not less than the minimum number of required points referred to in subsection (2) on the basis of the following factors, namely,
      • (i) education, in accordance with section 78,

• (ii) proficiency in the official languages of Canada, in accordance with section 79,

• (iii) experience, in accordance with section 80,

• (iv) age, in accordance with section 81,

• (v) arranged employment, in accordance with section 82, and

• (vi) adaptability, in accordance with section 83; and
    • (b) the skilled worker must
      • (i) have in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations, an amount equal to one half of the minimum necessary income applicable in respect of the group of persons consisting of the skilled worker and their family members, or

• (ii) be awarded points under paragraph 82(2)(a), (b) or (d) for arranged employment, as defined in subsection 82(1), in Canada.
  • Marginal note:Number of points

(2) The Minister shall fix and make available to the public the minimum number of points required of a skilled worker, on the basis of
    • (a) the number of applications by skilled workers as members of the federal skilled worker class currently being processed;

• (b) the number of skilled workers projected to become permanent residents according to the report to Parliament referred to in section 94 of the Act; and

• (c) the potential, taking into account economic and other relevant factors, for the establishment of skilled workers in Canada.
  • Marginal note:Circumstances for officer’s substituted evaluation

(3) Whether or not the skilled worker has been awarded the minimum number of required points referred to in subsection (2), an officer may substitute for the criteria set out in paragraph (1)(a) their evaluation of the likelihood of the ability of the skilled worker to become economically established in Canada if the number of points awarded is not a sufficient indicator of whether the skilled worker may become economically established in Canada.

• Marginal note:Concurrence

(4) An evaluation made under subsection (3) requires the concurrence of a second officer.

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Thank you @MintyUK for posting the updated chart. Based on the chart, there are 45 people from October who are yet to receive decision on their application. It would be nice if the chart is sorted by AOR as suggested by someone. Thanks again!
At this point, your AOR is very unlikely to impact your position in whichever queue you have been placed in. New PPRs are barely even correlated to AOR month, let alone which specific day of October. All of us who are still waiting have experienced some kind of unusual circumstance, whether it's an ADR, review required, security screening, or something else. As soon as one of those things happened, your position in the queue changed, and is no longer based on your AOR. I have it sorted alphabetically because there are a lot of names there, and it's a pain to find a particular individual otherwise. That being said, I don't mind posting two versions of the table if you still think it would provide value, just bear in mind that it takes up a lot of space.

karishmar

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
12/10/2018
Med's Done....
10/11/2018
Hello Guys

Is cic working today ? As Victoria day happens to be on Monday.

Also can someone help me with the webform link ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Eligibility: The eligibility is done is 2 stages. First an analyst will review and make a recommendation, then an officer will review the recommendation and make a final determination. Your eligibility has been reviewed by an analyst.

MI3 - This refers to the Ministerial Instructions. As per MI3, applications received by the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia on or after July 1, 2011, and that meet either of the following criteria shall be placed into processing:

Applications submitted with an Arranged Employment Offer or applications from skilled workers.

"Applicants will also have one year of continuous full-time or equivalent paid work experience in at least one of the listed NOCs and not combined partial year experience in multiple NOCs. This work experience will reflect the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the NOC, including the performance of a substantial number of the main duties and all of the essential duties described."

Based on this, the analyst has observed that you did not upload a work reference letter from your employer and there is a LoE. The analyst confirms that you meet the CRS and MEC, but has flagged it fro the officer.

If you have mentioned what you say in your post in LoE, you are good.

A11.2 is your eligibility, R15 for CRS and R76 for MEC.

If you have explained that you do not work for the bank, but for the agency, you do not need to do anything.

But if this is not clear, you should send a LOE via CSE and explain your relationship with the bank and you being the employee of the agency, and not the bank.

Hope this helps!