Security not started

Called cic on April 9- all stages passed

PPR email received on 23rd April exactly after 6 month completion

( no update in cic account )

Sent passports on May 1
Today on May 15th finally my status changed to approved

Thank you for all ur help.
This group helped us a lot to get estimates of time lines for different stages

Hope my timeline will also help some one to make estimate for their processing times

Godsgrace1989

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
yeah, I'm a bc-pnp-inland applicant. No, I sent a request for an update on my application via the online webform. In about 4-5 days I got an email with 3 main updates. The first two updates were the ones I mentioned in my previous reply, and the last update was just about the background check that it is still in process.
Do you have idea when your background check started !coz in my case it was started on march 18 and i called cic last day and i got info tht background check finished so usually it took around more then one month in my case.

Godsgrace1989

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
Hello everyone
Am sharing my timeline with u guys

AOR - 24th October

Called cic on March 3 - eligibility recommended passed
Criminality passed
Security not started

Sent passports on May 1

Hope my timeline will also help some one to make estimate for their processing times
Congratulations

Reactions: pretty apple

sfvan

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
Category........
FSW
I know I said I wont call until the end of June... but couldn't resist;) Just got off the phone with a friendly agent.
Until today's call, Eligibility was "Under Review". On today's call the agent said Eligibility status is "Review Required", Security not started and Criminality,Medicals are passed.

He said the last time my file was updated was at the end of February. This is when I moved to IP2. I asked him about the Bring Forward date. He said it is the estimated completion date, ie, 6 months from the date they receive the application. I asked him if Review Required was the same thing as Under Review. He said he does not know the technicality of the terms, but he does not see any red flags on the file as of today. He said he will send a "polite" reminder to the Ottawa office regarding my file.

The lease on my apartment ends at the end of this month. I was hoping to have a decision by April. Don't think I want to commit for another year. Children about to start school in a few months.... so many decisions hanging on a yes/no from CIC.:confused:

Reactions: Coldstar

Blackhole

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Do you have idea when your background check started !coz in my case it was started on march 18 and i called cic last day and i got info tht background check finished so usually it took around more then one month in my case.
No, I have no idea. My AOR was mid-Oct and the only update I got on my cic account was the medical pass. Less than a month ago I called them and a nice agent told that Criminality check is passed but security one is in process. When is your AOR? Based on immitracker, and as you mentioned, it seems like the inland-pnp applications are the longest to process.

Last edited:
Reactions: Godsgrace1989

Navi0007

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
I m BC PNP applicant. Aor Nov 2. No update after medical. Just called to agent he said eligibility still going on. File transfered to lvo Vancouver. Not sure about the completion of process.it is regular delay. So nothing to worry.

Reactions: Godsgrace1989

Godsgrace1989

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
No, I have no idea. My AOR was mid-Oct and the only update I got on my cic account was the medical pass. Less than a month ago I called them and a nice agent told that Criminality check is passed but security one is in process. When is your AOR? Based on immitracker, and as you mentioned, it seems like the inland-pnp applications are the longest the process.
Aor 2nd october

Reactions: Blackhole

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Hello everyone
Am sharing my timeline with u guys

AOR - 24th October

Called cic on March 3 - eligibility recommended passed
Criminality passed
Security not started

Sent passports on May 1

Wonderful news. Congratulations.

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
I know I said I wont call until the end of June... but couldn't resist;) Just got off the phone with a friendly agent.
Until today's call, Eligibility was "Under Review". On today's call the agent said Eligibility status is "Review Required", Security not started and Criminality,Medicals are passed.

He said the last time my file was updated was at the end of February. This is when I moved to IP2. I asked him about the Bring Forward date. He said it is the estimated completion date, ie, 6 months from the date they receive the application. I asked him if Review Required was the same thing as Under Review. He said he does not know the technicality of the terms, but he does not see any red flags on the file as of today. He said he will send a "polite" reminder to the Ottawa office regarding my file.

The lease on my apartment ends at the end of this month. I was hoping to have a decision by April. Don't think I want to commit for another year. Children about to start school in a few months.... so many decisions hanging on a yes/no from CIC.:confused:
I was in this situation with my lease and managed to change from annual lease to monthly ongoing lease, so I am not tied to stay another whole year. Is that something that could be available to you?

ayaz_acca

Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
19-11-2018
Please pardon my language....

After waiting for 45 minutes got connected to shitty bitch....
Who first asked me when did u called last, i replied 5 weeks before.
Next question: what status showing on your account , i replied i don't have access it is with lawyer.
Next question: so what do u want ? What i can see it will be more or less same to your account( here she gave me example if your account showing eligibility process then it means its in process) here i realised that im not going to get any info. And this lady has no knowledge ;);)
my patient level broken and I disconnect the call :D:D:D:D with thanks

And before call i planed to ask about bring forward date but..... couldn't dare to ask :p:p

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Please pardon my language....

After waiting for 45 minutes got connected to shitty bitch....
Who first asked me when did u called last, i replied 5 weeks before.
Next question: what status showing on your account , i replied i don't have access it is with lawyer.
Next question: so what do u want ? What i can see it will be more or less same to your account( here she gave me example if your account showing eligibility process then it means its in process) here i realised that im not going to get any info. And this lady has no knowledge ;);)
my patient level broken and I disconnect the call :D:D:D:D with thanks

And before call i planed to ask about bring forward date but..... couldn't dare to ask :p:p
Wow, that's terrible. So many call centre agents are very friendly and helpful, too. If I was in that situation I would just call again right away.

ayaz_acca

Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
19-11-2018
Wow, that's terrible. So many call centre agents are very friendly and helpful, too. If I was in that situation I would just call again right away.
Wouldn't be difficult to wait for another 45 minutes ?
I will again call in couple of days