Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
What if background check not even started. Any use if ordering CSIS report?
So background check is part of security check, i can't suggest that only CSIS notes can show you the clear picture, but surely you should think of ordering CBSA if not CSIS notes. Because CBSA notes will have your basic and security notes both

trice4

Feb 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-10-2018
Med's Done....
26-11-2018
What if background check not even started. Any use if ordering CSIS report?
If you BG check isn't started, that means you can not have SS. In this case additional verification probably means RR. So, just basic notes should be enough to understand what's wrong.

Godsgrace1989

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
I am BCPNP inland. but AOR Oct 20. still waiting of course....
waiting for notes too.

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents Not applicable.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
I am here waiting too for notes
My agent applied for notes on March 2nd but still waiting
Really hard to wait so long o_O

Mara_Vlasenko

Apr 17, 2019
Did you order CBSA and CSIS notes to check what is going in with your security
No, we ordered only GCMS and called to the CIC many times, according to this sources security is just "not started" yet and it is still IP1 in the account. We ordered new set of GCMS notes and raised the Web form today, hope it will force them to do something.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
If you BG check isn't started, that means you can not have SS. In this case additional verification probably means RR. So, just basic notes should be enough to understand what's wrong.
You are correct.

The CSIS and CBSA notes should only be requested when you re certain that the eligibility is passed, security started.

The CSIS notes will merely inform you when CSIS started its process and if it has concluded or not.

Whereas the CBSA and GCMS notes are the same, with the exception that the CBSA notes in most cases do not redact the security related information.

If you are unsure that your security has even commenced, requesting the CSIS notes will be a waste of resources.

Reactions: trice4

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
No, we ordered only GCMS and called to the CIC many times, according to this sources security is just "not started" yet and it is still IP1 in the account. We ordered new set of GCMS notes and raised the Web form today, hope it will force them to do something.
In that case, this looks fine. You should wait till the time you don't receive your notes. All the best

manishdamani271

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Hello Friends,

Last week I have raised an inquiry using webform and received following reply from IRCC:

"
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that the agent who responded to you on May 2, 2019, took the appropriate actions to follow up on your request.

If you do not receive more information or a decision by June 1, 2019, we invite you to contact us again by using the IRCC Web form available on our website.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
"

Anyone of you have ever received this type of reply? AOR 21st October , FSW-O.

ayaz_acca

Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
19-11-2018
Hello Friends,

Last week I have raised an inquiry using webform and received following reply from IRCC:

"
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that the agent who responded to you on May 2, 2019, took the appropriate actions to follow up on your request.

If you do not receive more information or a decision by June 1, 2019, we invite you to contact us again by using the IRCC Web form available on our website.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
"

Anyone of you have ever received this type of reply? AOR 21st October , FSW-O.
I have seen 1st time that kind of reply if you query was general for updated status.
What you had requested them to do ?

Manjot_Bhangu

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Hello Friends,
I called IRCC on May1 and was told that assessment has been complete and everything is passed and were only waiting for birth certificate ADR which i had sent
Today May 11 I called again to confirm and the agent told me that yes that the ADR has been received and viewed by an officer and when i asked if my file is approved she said she cant see that on file yet but everything is passed so should not take much time
My concern is that if the ADR is viewed by an officer and file assessment is complete and passed than how much more time can it take for PPR.
My AOR is Oct 11, FSW-Inland, CPC-Ottawa

Reactions: Godsgrace1989

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Hello Friends,
I called IRCC on May1 and was told that assessment has been complete and everything is passed and were only waiting for birth certificate ADR which i had sent
Today May 11 I called again to confirm and the agent told me that yes that the ADR has been received and viewed by an officer and when i asked if my file is approved she said she cant see that on file yet but everything is passed so should not take much time
My concern is that if the ADR is viewed by an officer and file assessment is complete and passed than how much more time can it take for PPR.
I have had "recommended passed" on everything since Mar 18, and "passed" on everything since Apr 17, which is 4 weeks ago now, so quite a long time apparently. Some people's files do move faster though, so perhaps you will not wait as long.

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Anyone else notice how few PPRs there have been on MyImmiTracker today? I think it's only one! Is that normal for a Monday?

Godsgrace1989

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
Hello Friends,
Hello
I have one question that i am inland applicant with oct. 2nd Aor
I applied through my agent so i never make call to cic regarding my application status, but my file background check was started on 18th March as i got to know about this from my cic account
I like to call cic to get update on my file so can you please reply me that what kind of info cic agent gonna ask me to check my application?
Thanks

ayaz_acca

Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
19-11-2018
Anyone else notice how few PPRs there have been on MyImmiTracker today? I think it's only one! Is that normal for a Monday?
Yah its normal for Monday,
I think they released batch on Monday night and people received on Tuesday morning