+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

pratheekb

Mar 6, 2019
The notes was issued 2019.03.22. Eligibility is met (not passed) since 2018.12.03. Also from GCMS I've found out that nobody picked the case up since December after the file was transferred to the Ottawa office from the Centralized Intake Office 2018.12.10, no movements after this, no comments of the officers etc. We called to the CIC several times after ordering GCMS as well, nothing has changed. So we are just waiting.
Oh wow.. this is the first time I'm seeing that Eligibility met is not the same as Pass..
That might explain my situation..

Mara_Vlasenko

Apr 17, 2019
Oh wow.. this is the first time I'm seeing that Eligibility met is not the same as Pass..
That might explain my situation..
From what I have learned from different articles and posts here "Eligibility met" is the same as "Eligibility recommended passed" and it means that the case had been reviewed by the case analyst or program assistant and was transferred to the immigration officer for the final examination. Officer can whether mark it as "passed" if everything is ok, or change it to the "review required" if they have some doubts about uploaded documents. In my situation the first examination was ok, the comments about all the documents are positive, so it's why I have "eligibility met" in my notes, but case hasn't been checked by the immigration officer yet.

Last edited:

pratheekb

Mar 6, 2019
From what I have learned from different articles and posts here "Eligibility met" is the same as "Eligibility recommended passed" and it means that the case had been reviewed by the case analyst or program assistant and was transferred to the immigration officer for the final examination. Officer can whether mark it as "passed" if everything is ok, or change it to the "review required" if they have some doubts about uploaded documents. In my situation the first examination was ok, the comments about all the documents are positive, but case hasn't been checked by the immigration officer yet.
Ah.. I see.. thank you for the clarification.
My eligibility said met when I enquired in March but now it says review required.. but I still do not have any document request .
So what you said seems to be correct

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
I didn't get any message..
I found out that I was in that stage when I called them on 9th May.
No idea when I got put in that state though..

I was thinking of ordering GCMS notes.. but the 1 month processing time for that would mean most info in that is outdated anyway..
Although, the information is 30 days old in the notes, but its worth ordering one because you at least have the clear picture of what is happening with your application

Reactions: pratheekb

oxana2005

Feb 26, 2019
I don't think so. As for my case, security hasn't been even started yet according to GCMS and eligibility was met in December. I think, a lot of
delays are due to the massive backlog in Ottawa and 7-8 months is a normal processing time now
Are you applying from Ukraine?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi All,

I just submitted all passports, photographs (as required by IRCC) and VFS Consent form. I went there around 8 AM and there was no crowd so everything happened so quick.

Also, the agents in VFS told me that we would be receiving the passports within 10 working days.

Good luck to everyone awaiting PPR email and all who got PPR and waiting to submit passports.

Regards.
Congrats :)

Reactions: Thabitha Arun

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hey everyone.. got a reply from ottawa on Friday.. I don’t know why this reply because guys in security screening received such replies..
I have no travel history..
nationality Indian..
No government jobs..
AOR : 24th oct..
Still in Ip1
Eligibility: Met

“Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

Your patience is very much appreciated.”
I got the same response :)

Reactions: Adityas22