+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

ofband

Apr 20, 2019
Hi All,

Another silent reader. I would say that this forum was a great source of relief ( especially when you know that there is someone too in more or less same situation :) ). Received the ppr request today ( 7 am IST). Details are as follows:

FSW Outland , Country India , Applicant + Spouse, VO - Ottawa

AOR - 16th Oct 2018
MEP - 15th Nov 2018
Complete silence then. Called IRCC on 19 Mar and agent confirmed that eligibility is met, but security and background checks are pending and file looks good. Completed 6 months on 16/04/2019, and then second time on 18/04/2019 and an agent told the same thing. However she told she would send a note to Ottawa office,also I have raised a webform on same day. Response for both came a week later, generic reply stating everything looks good and no additional docs required currently, also could not tell about the completion date. By Gods grace, received the email today morning (email dated 10/05/2019) and made an end to 6+ months wait. IP2 and ppr on same day. didn't order gcms notes, planned to order if nothing happens by next week.

All I would say is to keep calm and don't loose patience. All the best for who are waiting for ppr :).
Congratulations ! I'm aor 19 oct vo ottawa too, hope ppr will coming soon :D

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Hi All,

Another silent reader. I would say that this forum was a great source of relief ( especially when you know that there is someone too in more or less same situation :) ). Received the ppr request today ( 7 am IST). Details are as follows:

AOR - 16th Oct 2018
MEP - 15th Nov 2018
Complete silence then. Called IRCC on 19 Mar and agent confirmed that eligibility is met, but security and background checks are pending and file looks good. Completed 6 months on 16/04/2019, and then second time on 18/04/2019 and an agent told the same thing. However she told she would send a note to Ottawa office,also I have raised a webform on same day. Response for both came a week later, generic reply stating everything looks good and no additional docs required currently, also could not tell about the completion date. By Gods grace, received the email today morning (email dated 10/05/2019) and made an end to 6+ months wait. IP2 and ppr on same day. didn't order gcms notes, planned to order if nothing happens by next week.

All I would say is to keep calm and don't loose patience. All the best for who are waiting for ppr :).
Congratulations. Pack your bags. :)
Some imp articles - Gsdf342/fds
Gdsd2/23424 - Settling

trice4

Feb 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-10-2018
Med's Done....
26-11-2018
Just received my first set of notes dated Apr 8. Looks like I ordered them on time as first steps had been done several days before the date I ordered notes.

Nov 29 - Criminality recommended passed
Apr 4 - Eligibility recommended passed
Apr 6 - Criminality passed, Eligibility passed

And no further information that the security check was initiated, even though the agent told me that security was in progress on May 6. Looks like security was started after the time the notes had been generated, am I right? Does everything look good?..
I have the same situation, I called on Wednesday (May 8), and the agent told me my eligibility and criminality passed, but security is in progress.
And I'm a bit worried. I'm afraid if security takes so long (more than one week), it means I'm on SS and it can take many months to process. I'm not sure, but in most cases security passes in couple days or faster.
I ordered GCMS notes last Friday (May 10), hope they'll shed light on what's going on.

Naruto_Uzumaki

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Article by legalfalcon for those who are under "review required"

Understanding “Review Required”*

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.

In your case you will have to see your GCMS notes to know why you have RR.

Hope this helps.

Newbee2019

Feb 19, 2019

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.

Hope this helps.
This is really amazing and helpful for everyone here. The scenario of RR has been explained so well! Thank you @legalfalcon for this tremendous work!

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
@SithLord Your AOR is after my AOR but I will pray to god that u get ur PPR as u have said. Man you are a motivating personal. God bless all of us. A plea from a highly pissed human being from planet Earth, who is waiting for an answer.
Aww brother thank you so much for keeping me in your prayers :):):)

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi All,

AOR - 16th Oct 2018
MEP - 15th Nov 2018

This is wonderful news. Congratulations

Rudra@5593

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Hope this helps.

This is great information, I Have RR on my file from last November, my AOR Is Oct 4 2018. I received my GCMC notes in End of March and get to know regarding RR, actually case agent did not specify the RR reason but he does cut down my 40 points of CRS which is for Canadian work experience, I assume that they have issue with my Canadian letter, where I mention everything but I work first 3 months in same company from Employment agency and I did not put any agency letter but my HR does write agency work Duration on my letter specifically.

now my hired PR agent advice me that we do not have to submit the LOE unless they ask something. I have agency letter with me ready, what I have to do/ just wait for them to request any Doc or I can send my agency letter? though I am not sure they have the Agency reason for RR or not.

please somebody advice, it is 7 month and 2 weeks already on my file, not I am not able to wait more

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
I have the same situation, I called on Wednesday (May 8), and the agent told me my eligibility and criminality passed, but security is in progress.
And I'm a bit worried. I'm afraid if security takes so long (more than one week), it means I'm on SS and it can take many months to process. I'm not sure, but in most cases security passes in couple days or faster.
I ordered GCMS notes last Friday (May 10), hope they'll shed light on what's going on.
Even if we are under SS, it will only delay our visas for several months and nothing more. I decided to calm down and wait, as I can not influence the process in any way, but I can boost my skills while I'm waiting. So it's better to get prepared for the new life rather than anxiously wait for PPR, IMHO :)

Last edited:

Bajanbee

Apr 5, 2019
Even if we are under SS, it will only delay our visas for several months and nothing more. I decided to calm down and wait, as I can not influence the process in any way, but I can boost my skills while I'm waiting. So it's better to get prepared for the new life rather than anxiously wait for PPR, IMHO :)
Beautifully said. Got a new job so I'll focus more in developing my skills while the ppr comes. AOR 19 Oct 2018

trice4

Feb 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-10-2018
Med's Done....
26-11-2018
Totally agree with you! Once I realized I'm probably on SS, I moved on and set new goals for myself. Now I'm gonna improve my skills too and develop some new ones.

Bajanbee

Apr 5, 2019
Forgot to mention, others from April 2018 forum are still waiting for PPR. My prayers are also for them. 13 months has passed and nothing. So will patiently continue to wait