+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

Twinklerose

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
Should I order GCMS notes one more time?

I ordered on 6th Feb and this is the status:

Primary office - CPC - Ottawa
Eligibility: Met
Medicals: Passed
Security and Criminality: Not started.
Similar timeline and status:
AOR:18 Oct
I wonder when they gonna start working on the BG checks. Did u call cic anytime soon?

Ogochukwufelista

Jan 15, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12th Oct
Med's Request
8th Nov 2018
Passport Req..
21-3-19
Got another ghost update today... Hopefully security has been passed.
AoR: Oct 12
VO: Ottawa
Dancing and waiting patiently for the PPR mail...lol
Hello..congrats man ...when did u get the first ghost update ?am sure ur file has fully be approved ...just await ur ppr mail like me too ....got ghost update on 18th march and from naija ...criminality passed ,eligibility recommended passed ,medical passed and security on going b4 the last ghost update.

Fawn1477

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2018
Passport Req..
21-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2019
Please I have a question to ask, if your file is approved. Who sends the pr mail. Please is it your local visa office.

For example, my file has been processed at CPC Ottawa. I got the last ghost update on March 18th. Assuming it has been approved, will my file now move to Accra for them to send me the mail or will the mail be generated from CPC Ottawa

I am asking because I noticed most nigerians who can categorically said their files have been approved, got ghost updates over a week or two ago hasn't gotten their PR mail while their Indian counterparts are getting PR since this week started.

Could anyone please answer the question for me. Thank you.

@fawn @tobs please what do you think

Visa office sends ppr mail. In our case, should be Ottawa. My cousin has been approved since the 7th and still awaiting PPR. Agent said she is still within processing time so PPR will come soon.

I think the PPR mail is sent in batches and that's why a lot of Indians recieved theirs yesterday. We will have to wait for the Nigerian batch. I remember a time the Indians were complaining it was only Nigerians that received PPR mail.

I really hope it comes ASAP for us Nigerians. Raised CSE on Tuesday, still waiting for a reply

Misty18

Jan 22, 2019
Thank you. From what I understand, I need to raise a web form to inform visa office about my wife's pregnancy as they have asked for that in the ready for visa mail. I will also submit passports either tomorrow or on Monday to VFS.
Exactly, so send them an email and maybe wait for a response. I read in another post that Cic might send your passports back empty and ask you to submit additional documents when your baby is born.

Except you don’t mind paying the vfs fee twice if that happens to you.
When does your medical expire?

Ayanfejossy

Feb 19, 2019
Yes, its still been showing we are reviewing the additional documents you provided since December 4.
Wow! It most likely means that no other ADR would be requested. But, your file has not been touched. Most likely, when it is touched, it will move very fast.

My ADR status became ' Not applicable' last week and I fear another ADR

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi Sith
Same story here. Info sharing done.At cio. File in Ottawa since December . nothing started. Aor 20 November. I think our BG will be faster now.
Yes, thats what I have learnt from this threads. I found 3 people with very similar cases. Their file was untouched for 5 months.

One of the guy with Oct 2 AOR even called them on 5th of March and the agent said nothing started. Then on 20th March he receives Ready for Visa mail.

So after his phone call, they must have picked his file at some point and fast tracked everything in a week's time.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Wow! It most likely means that no other ADR would be requested. But, your file has not been touched. Most likely, when it is touched, it will move very fast.

My ADR status became ' Not applicable' last week and I fear another ADR
yes, they have not touched my file since they asked for ADR. I believe my R10 was completed on December 17 and file transferred to Ottawa. So since then it's been untouched

I read my GCMS notes very carefully last night. Other than Eligibility, criminality and security - not started. Everything else it states either complete or verified.

Even info sharing said complete.

I was worried about proof of funds because I took a gift deed but even that was marked as met in all the notes and was not flagged by the program assistant in his notes either and he said R10 Recommended pass. Documents set for Review

I believe the documents set for review is for the Case processing officer to go through all documents when he picks up the file.

So I'm guessing that when the case officer picks up my file he will probably process everything quickly since everything in my application looks fine and nothing was flagged by the program assistant.

This makes me wonder that if applicants who don't have complicated case and everything in their application looks good then they probably just leave them aside and look at other cases that probably requires more time. Then around close to 6 month mark they pick up these files and fast track them off

Neeraj015

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
AOR- Oct 24, 2018
MEP - nov 24, 2018

FSW- Outland ( India)

No Update after that. Called CIC twice and they said, everything is fine in the application. BGC not started. They are checking the eligibility. In IP1 since Nov 24, 2018
Going to complete 5 months on March 24.

:(

Thabitha Arun

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
yes, they have not touched my file since they asked for ADR. I believe my R10 was completed on December 17 and file transferred to Ottawa. So since then it's been untouched

I read my GCMS notes very carefully last night. Other than Eligibility, criminality and security - not started. Everything else it states either complete or verified.

Even info sharing said complete.

I was worried about proof of funds because I took a gift deed but even that was marked as met in all the notes and was not flagged by the program assistant in his notes either and he said R10 Recommended pass. Documents set for Review

I believe the documents set for review is for the Case processing officer to go through all documents when he picks up the file.

So I'm guessing that when the case officer picks up my file he will probably process everything quickly since everything in my application looks fine and nothing was flagged by the program assistant.

This makes me wonder that if applicants who don't have complicated case and everything in their application looks good then they probably just leave them aside and look at other cases that probably requires more time. Then around close to 6 month mark they pick up these files and fast track them off
Hope this is true and they send out the PPR :)

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
AOR- Oct 24, 2018
MEP - nov 24, 2018

FSW- Outland ( India)

No Update after that. Called CIC twice and they said, everything is fine in the application. BGC not started. They are checking the eligibility. In IP1 since Nov 24, 2018
Going to complete 5 months on March 24.

:(
I believe they will probably pick up your file next week. Watch out for any ghost updates next week :)

Reactions: Neeraj015

MrSingh@1984

Aug 9, 2018
Exactly, so send them an email and maybe wait for a response. I read in another post that Cic might send your passports back empty and ask you to submit additional documents when your baby is born.

Except you don’t mind paying the vfs fee twice if that happens to you.
When does your medical expire?
Even I read it in one of the threads. Some people said they received visas on their passports, which were then cancelled after they had their baby's documents ready and submitted.

Our medicals were done in September 2018, so I guess they will expire in second half of September 2019.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Please I have a question to ask, if your file is approved. Who sends the pr mail. Please is it your local visa office.

For example, my file has been processed at CPC Ottawa. I got the last ghost update on March 18th. Assuming it has been approved, will my file now move to Accra for them to send me the mail or will the mail be generated from CPC Ottawa

I am asking because I noticed most nigerians who can categorically said their files have been approved, got ghost updates over a week or two ago hasn't gotten their PR mail while their Indian counterparts are getting PR since this week started.

Could anyone please answer the question for me. Thank you.

@fawn @tobs please what do you think
No.
If Ottawa processed your application, Ottawa will send you the PPR.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hope this is true and they send out the PPR :)
This is what I have noticed so far. However, the case officer could find something suspicious from the documents and could flag it but you never know.

But you should look at it in a positive way since nothing was flagged by the program assistant so I guess even the case officer might not see it in a suspicious way either and will fast track your application quickly.

I complete 5 months on April 2, so time to find out what happens