+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

imeandwhat

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
Hi, I am a CEC inland applicant (AOR: Oct 6, 2018). Today I called CIC agent and came to know that I passed medicals, criminality, and, Eligibility is recommend passed. Security: Not started. Last time the file updated was Nov 22, 2018.
I read a few posts in this forum that the applications which undergo security screening will take very long processing time. Is my application went to security screening, if so how to know my application went to security screening.
I would say you have crossed the biggest hurdle thats Eligibility.My security screening was done in a day and I received the PPR the same day it was completed. Check my signature for timeline.

Prex29

Mar 20, 2019
Hi
I'm an out land applicant
AOR October 26
Just got my GCMS notes and it says

Medical: Passed, Criminality: Passed, Eligibilty :Recommend Passed
Security :Not Started, Info Sharing: In progress

What do these GCMS activity notes mean, ? I'm getting abit worried.?

Activity 1
Sub-activity /Activity type: Biograhic Adittional - Info
File name: Status
New Value: Ready to be Assessed
Office : OSC - Operations Support Center

Activity 2
New Value: Manually Sent - Partner

Activity 3
New Value: Ready For Office Review

MrSingh@1984

Aug 9, 2018
Hi All,

I have been a silent reader of the thread.

I received my PPR mail yesterday, but have doubts following things due to my wife's pregnancy who is due in 3.5 months
  1. How to inform the Ottawa office about my wife's pregnancy and expected due date? By mailing them (if yes, what is the email) or by raising a web form?
    1. Should I just mention details or do I need to provide Doctor's confirmation letter as well?
  2. Should I submit passports along with informing the Ottawa office or should I wait for their response first?
  3. Is it ok if I submit passports by early next week and would it have any adverse affect due to delay of 5 days?
We want to move to Canada only after the delivery and want to include our child in the application.

How should I proceed ahead. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Best regards!

lm1010

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
Med's Done....
31-02-2018
Hi guys! Has anyone ever raised a CSE and asked for specific updates such as application status with regards to eligibility , criminality and security? Do they reply to such queries?

bornloser113

Jan 11, 2019
hi friends....i already called cic thrice, 2nd time the agent wasnt able to hear me so i could only talk successfully twice, i have been in ip2 since 12-13 march, what questions should i ask pertinently? i dont know what is recommended pass? also if i call the 4th time, will it irritate the agent or hamper my case? the third time i called to the agent, i went to say my application number and he was like, i already know thank you, and asked me what the 1st agent said.....phewww god this is so stressing already 8 days over and still in ip2

char28

Aug 24, 2018
Chennai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-10-2018
AOR Received.
26-10-2018
IELTS Request
30-06-2018
Med's Done....
12-10-2018
Passport Req..
19-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2019
LANDED..........
16-10-2019
hi friends....i already called cic thrice, 2nd time the agent wasnt able to hear me so i could only talk successfully twice, i have been in ip2 since 12-13 march, what questions should i ask pertinently? i dont know what is recommended pass? also if i call the 4th time, will it irritate the agent or hamper my case? the third time i called to the agent, i went to say my application number and he was like, i already know thank you, and asked me what the 1st agent said.....phewww god this is so stressing already 8 days over and still in ip2
I have spoken 5 times in the last two months. Don’t try to ask for same info that you already got. Ask whether your bgc has been complete or the file has been approved? Don’t provoke too much if they are non-cooperative. Make calls only after a week or two, preferably on mondays or fridays.

azambhrgn

Sep 5, 2018
When I called first time to CIC, they already know my application number (which by the way we entered during call). So thats not the issue. And its ok to call them again. You might get the PPR next week, thats the trend now.

Reactions: bornloser113

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Yes. Sydney Office

1+1

AOR - Oct 29
MEP - Nov 28
Biometrics for wife - Nov 28

-- still no ghost mail. Awaiting that GOLDEN MAIL.

I have called the CIC agents twice, and my Eligibility hasn't started - which has been so worrying, Criminality has been under review since January, Security hasn't started.

Fingers Crossed.
Same boat.

My R10 was completed on December 17 and since then my file has been untouched. No idea when they're going to pick up the file

Misty18

Jan 22, 2019
Hi All,

I have been a silent reader of the thread.

I received my PPR mail yesterday, but have doubts following things due to my wife's pregnancy who is due in 3.5 months
  1. How to inform the Ottawa office about my wife's pregnancy and expected due date? By mailing them (if yes, what is the email) or by raising a web form?
    1. Should I just mention details or do I need to provide Doctor's confirmation letter as well?
  2. Should I submit passports along with informing the Ottawa office or should I wait for their response first?
  3. Is it ok if I submit passports by early next week and would it have any adverse affect due to delay of 5 days?
We want to move to Canada only after the delivery and want to include our child in the application.

How should I proceed ahead. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Best regards!
Congratulations!

There’s nothing you can do for now. Because you shd only contact them if there’s a change in your circumstances e.g marriage, divorce, death or child birth.change in health.

You can go ahead an inform them as it says in the ready for visa email. But you might not get a response in time. Your COPR is also valid till the expiry of your medical. This means you have to land before this date.

Reactions: MrSingh@1984