+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

pratheekb

Mar 6, 2019
Give webform a try. I got a response on my query for application status on 80th day.
Best way is to call.Most of the agents are nice and will give you detailed info but you have to be specific.
I actually did call them 11 days ago. And got the following info.
Eligibility - Met
Security/criminality - not started
VO - Ottawa

The possibility that the guys on the phone might have outdated info, and the person in this thread getting a PPR mail and it not showing up in his inbox until they raised a webform .. is putting me on edge.

Reactions: Abhi2056

Tkps

Mar 9, 2019
Hi,

Below is my timeline:

AOR - Oct 5, 2018
MEP/IP1 - Nov 3, 2018
IP2 - Feb 27, 2019
Stream - FSWO
Country - India
Visa Office - CPC Ottawa

Called IRCC in Feb and got through to an agent after about half an hour's wait. Wasn't helpful at all and said that whatever you see online is all that they can tell me and that they are still within the processing time of six months. I asked if I will get a decision within six months and was told that is the minimum time required for processing.

Fast forward to last Friday (Mar 15) and got through to a wonderful agent who took the time to look up my case and this is what I got:

Eligibilty - Under Review. Don't recall if these were the exact words or if they said they were reviewing as from what I've read in this forum, Under Review might not be a good thing. Will have to call back next week to confirm.

Security - Not Started

Criminality - Passed

Processing Center - Ottawa

A few questions for the experts here:

- Here's the kicker: They said I can expect a decision by June 28th!!! That is about 9 months! Did anyone else here get a date an estimated completion date after calling IRCC?

- Anybody here knows what happens to the progress bar after you hit the 6 months. Mine shows 19 days remaining. Does it show you a more realistic date after you hit the six months?

- Also wondering if it is a good idea to order notes now or to wait for the six month mark since I am so close to it. Is it better to order it yourself or use a paid service? I can order through some friends who live in Canada.

Thanks
I think under review does not always mean that a review is required, i called an agent who told me that my eligibilty was currently being reviewd and everything looked normal with the profile, i moved to ip2 after a few days.

Reactions: sfvan

Abhi2056

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-12-2018
Passport Req..
28-05-2019
I actually did call them 11 days ago. And got the following info.
Eligibility - Met
Security/criminality - not started
VO - Ottawa

The possibility that the guys on the phone might have outdated info, and the person in this thread getting a PPR mail and it not showing up in his inbox until they raised a webform .. is putting me on edge.
I feel what you said. To be on safe side, calling at the end of every week would be best(For those who have entered 6th month).
Even though agents say some component are not started, chances are officers are already working on those components and its just matter of time they update their notes.

Reactions: pratheekb

aboumaouada

Star Member
May 10, 2018
algeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
paris
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-06-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
Med's Request
06-08-2018
Med's Done....
14-11-2018
I spoke to an agent last wednesday, she said eligibility, security and criminality are under process, she said that final decision can take more then 6th months.
I recalled them on friday and eligibility was met (she said eligibility is passed), security and criminality still under process.
Visa Office is Ottawa always.
FSW- O , 3 people(couple + baby)

Can anyone please tell by experience how long my PPR might take?

talwinder@

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
I spoke to an agent last wednesday, she said eligibility, security and criminality are under process, she said that final decision can take more then 6th months.
I recalled them on friday and eligibility was met (she said eligibility is passed), security and criminality still under process.
Visa Office is Ottawa always.
FSW- O , 3 people(couple + baby)

Can anyone please tell by experience how long my PPR might take?
what they told about background check?

kaurkaur

May 5, 2015
Punjab
Hi,

Below is my timeline:

AOR - Oct 5, 2018
MEP/IP1 - Nov 3, 2018
IP2 - Feb 27, 2019
Stream - FSWO
Country - India
Visa Office - CPC Ottawa

Called IRCC in Feb and got through to an agent after about half an hour's wait. Wasn't helpful at all and said that whatever you see online is all that they can tell me and that they are still within the processing time of six months. I asked if I will get a decision within six months and was told that is the minimum time required for processing.

Fast forward to last Friday (Mar 15) and got through to a wonderful agent who took the time to look up my case and this is what I got:

Eligibilty - Under Review. Don't recall if these were the exact words or if they said they were reviewing as from what I've read in this forum, Under Review might not be a good thing. Will have to call back next week to confirm.

Security - Not Started

Criminality - Passed

Processing Center - Ottawa

A few questions for the experts here:

- Here's the kicker: They said I can expect a decision by June 28th!!! That is about 9 months! Did anyone else here get a date an estimated completion date after calling IRCC?

- Anybody here knows what happens to the progress bar after you hit the 6 months. Mine shows 19 days remaining. Does it show you a more realistic date after you hit the six months?

- Also wondering if it is a good idea to order notes now or to wait for the six month mark since I am so close to it. Is it better to order it yourself or use a paid service? I can order through some friends who live in Canada.

Thanks
When I called IRCC after IP2, both time they said exactly same about my eligibility, security and criminality. Second time, the agent mentioned I should wait till end April as even security takes 2-3 weeks atleast. AOR - 9 oct, IP2 - 2 March
I was also doubtful about ‘under review’ thing, but seeing your case I feel this might be just a way of saying ‘ your eligibility is ongoing’.
We can atleast be hopeful!
Order GCMS as it would come in handy if you don’t get any response from then till end 6months.

Reactions: sfvan

morcerf

May 30, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
Nomination.....
06-08-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
Passport Req..
16-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2019
I received an ADR for Proof of funds. Could you please check if my LOE is adequate?

swordenium

Aug 18, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
03-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2019
LANDED..........
24-09-2019
I received an ADR for Proof of funds. Could you please check if my LOE is adequate?

Did you know whether your eligibility was MET, or under review initially before getting this ADR? If so,can u please share?

Leesharh

Mar 1, 2019
Hi guys. Good evening,

My timeline is as follows
AOR: 12 Oct
Medical passed: 8th November
Criminality: passed
Eligibility: recommended passed on 8th of March
Security: ongoing
Primary office: CIO Ottawa
Visa office: CPC Ottawa
Applicants: PA and 1 dependent
Country of origin: Nigeria
Residence: Nigeria

Please how long do you think it will take to get the Golden email

Ogochukwufelista

Jan 15, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12th Oct
Med's Request
8th Nov 2018
Passport Req..
21-3-19
Hi guys. Good evening,

My timeline is as follows
AOR: 12 Oct
Medical passed: 8th November
Criminality: passed
Eligibility: recommended passed on 8th of March
Security: ongoing
Primary office: CIO Ottawa
Visa office: CPC Ottawa
Applicants: PA and 1 dependent
Country of origin: Nigeria
Residence: Nigeria

Please how long do you think it will take to get the Golden email

Congrats on your time line ....
Hopefully ..I think you should be expecting this upcoming week or next week ...

morcerf

May 30, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
Nomination.....
06-08-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
Passport Req..
16-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2019
Did you know whether your eligibility was MET, or under review initially before getting this ADR? If so,can u please share?
When my gcms notes were generated, on 2nd February, my eligibility was "Not Started".

Reactions: swordenium

sachin_sachdeva86

Mar 25, 2018
AOR - 6-Oct-18
Still in IP1
FSW O India
Couple

We’re 20 days to the 6 months timeline and so far haven’t called CIC or ordered GCMS as we’ve been patiently waiting to reach the 6 month’s mark.

Now, I’m inclined towards ordering GCMS as they take 30 odd days so wondering

1) if we should get it ordered through our cousins in Canada or directly from here?

2) will our cousins have to pay something to order it for us and how much does it cost ordering from here?
Not trying to save $ here but just wanted some clarity.

TIA

Manjot_Bhangu

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
AOR - 6-Oct-18
Still in IP1
FSW O India
Couple

We’re 20 days to the 6 months timeline and so far haven’t called CIC or ordered GCMS as we’ve been patiently waiting to reach the 6 month’s mark.

1) if we should get it ordered through our cousins in Canada or directly from here?

2) will our cousins have to pay something to order it for us and how much does it cost ordering from here?

TIA
Same here oct 11 AOR MEP/ip1 9 Nov due to huge number of files and backlog process is slow now so 6months timeline not applicable anymore. All we can do is wait. It can take 7-9 months now

kaurkaur

May 5, 2015
Punjab
AOR - 6-Oct-18
Still in IP1
FSW O India
Couple

TIA
Your cousins will have to pay $5 or if you order yourself from gcms buddy or getgcms, you will pay around Rs.1000