+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

Newbee2019

Feb 19, 2019
I contacted CIC on webform to understand status on criminality, security and eligibility. They just replied everything is normal and within timelines. Is this a standard assurance template ?

Last edited:

Loz24601

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
CEC
I contacted CIC on webform to understand status on criminality, security and eligibility. They just replied everything is normal and within timelines.
If you want something more specific, you will have to call and speak to an agent. It then depends on who you get. Some seem to be willing to look into your profile and give you more information. Some just want you off the phone as quickly as possible and just read off the details you see in your CIC profile. Advise from others is perhaps call, and if you do not get the detail you want, then hang up and call again until you get a "nice" agent! They can only see a certain amount of detail, so it can make you feel worse (like me) than better.

Reactions: Newbee2019

Ogochukwufelista

Jan 15, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12th Oct
Med's Request
8th Nov 2018
Passport Req..
21-3-19
I just called when I update here ..u can call back again in about 1hr 20minutes later or 2hrs later ...am sure u will get tru

Can you tell me the prompts? I tried just now and got disconnected. Thanks, much appreciate your help!

Newbee2019

Feb 19, 2019
Yes calling the CIC to speak to an agent is always a better idea. That step has been done twice and everytime I simply get the same answers as on my CIC profile.

SlimGrisson

Mar 12, 2019
Kigali
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
October 11 2018
Made my first call today. The Agent was pretty helpful. Looks as if my file is at Ottawa.

Medicals: Passed
Eligibility: Recommended Passed No ADR.
Background Check: No Update as yet. Meaning not started I think.

Request the experienced folks to let me know whether this looks ok so that I don't hafta call or ask for GCMS notes again and just wait for the PPR Mail.

lm1010

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
Med's Done....
31-02-2018
From where did your order your GCMS notes, i googled, but there are multiple agencies out there, with variable prices.
getgcms.com is quite popular and fairly cheap too considering it's our peace of mind we're talking about.

Riya Patel

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Express Entry - CEC Inland, Single Applicant

Here is my timeline:
AOR - October 3, 2018
Request for RCMP - October 31, 2018
RCMP Submitted - November 10th, 2018

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Is there anyone with similar timeline / any update?

Thanks in advance.
Hi there,
My profile is same

FSW inland application Aor Oct 4th.

I have applied through BC PNP.

My application is in Vancouver office right now. Security started. Criminality and eligibility hasn't started yet.

Harman.parmar

Apr 4, 2018
Guys I contacted IRCC regarding the delay just got this email
"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

I guess that's their generic response. Hopefully my PPR comes in this week

kreamtito1

Feb 14, 2019
Aor Oct 4, called irrc and the agent told me that my file is approved and it's on its way to Accra for them to issue me PpR , it normal? I am from Nigeria

kreamtito1

Feb 14, 2019
I just called IRCC, 48 days left in appl, the agent was not at all helpful. He said he only has access to whatever Information I already can see in my account. He also said I will get an email when the file is transferred to any visa office. If I havent got it, it means the file is still not transferred. The 6 months time is average processing time and not the maximum time. So it can go beyond that too. He wouldnt even ask for my appl number to check for any updates or the visa office.
Aor 0ct 4, called today and the agent told me that my file is approved and it's on its way to Accra Ghana, I don't understand po, formally my apply was in Ottawa, y transferring approved file to Accra?

kreamtito1

Feb 14, 2019
I just called IRCC, 48 days left in appl, the agent was not at all helpful. He said he only has access to whatever Information I already can see in my account. He also said I will get an email when the file is transferred to any visa office. If I havent got it, it means the file is still not transferred. The 6 months time is average processing time and not the maximum time. So it can go beyond that too. He wouldnt even ask for my appl number to check for any updates or the visa office.
Aor 0ct 4, called today and the agent told me that my file is approved and it's on its way to Accra Ghana, I don't understand po, formally my apply was in Ottawa, y transferring approved file to Accra?