+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

AshAnCAPR

Feb 21, 2019
Quick questions -- How do you confirm which visa office the file is with? and does it help to call them? Do they provide any key information other what is mentioned below.

(My current status)
Application step Current status Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

kaurkaur

May 5, 2015
Punjab
Quick questions -- How do you confirm which visa office the file is with? and does it help to call them? Do they provide any key information other what is mentioned below.

(My current status)
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Yes you may send them a CSE, they will respond you with the Visa office and if you would get any other useful information, that totally depends on the officer who gets your Enquiry. - https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
Or may try calling them as well, but getting through the long queue is a matter of luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: AshAnCAPR

Nikita786

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
10-10-2018
Med's Done....
09-11-2018

(My current status)
Hi there,
You can get to know your visa office by raising a CSE. Ask them about your eligibility, criminality and security along with visa office. That's what I did and got to know mine is Ottawa. Similarly you can also call them and ask them these same things.
Apart from these things they won't mention much. Neither during call nor CSE. If you want more details then gcms notes is the way to go.

AshAnCAPR

Feb 21, 2019
Hi there,
You can get to know your visa office by raising a CSE. Ask them about your eligibility, criminality and security along with visa office. That's what I did and got to know mine is Ottawa. Similarly you can also call them and ask them these same things.
Apart from these things they won't mention much. Neither during call nor CSE. If you want more details then gcms notes is the way to go.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I see people talking about ghost updates like this but I think ghost update is when it shows updated but nothing seems to have changed. But what he/she got is the profile update without email. I might be wrong.
I understand that but here you got no update but something change. So what is this generally called then? Silent update maybe?

Thabitha Arun

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Based on current trends, does the profile gets updated to 'We are currently processing your background check...' or is it the PPR email? Can someone provide insights