+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

baalaa

Dec 11, 2018
How CIC checks the genuineness of work experience. My current company is reluctant to give any reference letter or anything of that sort. But one of my client(registered company) has agreed to provide me the same with appointment letter, reference letter and payslip... Also I will get it from a higher authority in the company(director level) with his official email ID and all details.. What could be the chance CIC will object on it...

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
How CIC checks the genuineness of work experience. My current company is reluctant to give any reference letter or anything of that sort. But one of my client(registered company) has agreed to provide me the same with appointment letter, reference letter and payslip... Also I will get it from a higher authority in the company(director level) with his official email ID and all details.. What could be the chance CIC will object on it...
There is a chance they might not notice, but if they ever suspect anything, you can be selected for additional security screening and they'll do all necessary checks for all info, including misrepresentation. If they do these checks, rest assured they will find out...
Because it would be straight on solid misrepresentation, your application will be refused, and you'll be banned from applying for any Canada visa for a minimum period of 5 years.

priscabowman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
03-10-2018
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-09-18
Mine did the ghost update thing you describe last week too, not sure what date it was. I've been in ip2 since the beginning of Dec. I'm Oct 2nd AOR.
Oh really? What category did u apply under? On the positive side, I’m yet to hear of a ghost update that led to a negative decision. All the ones I’ve read about on this forum had their application approval within a day to a couple of months. So here’s to hoping for the long wait ahead.

mantho

Jan 10, 2018
Where is my visa office? Is it the country of origin or country of residence? Can any one of you please confirm?

goatman

Sep 6, 2018
Oh really? What category did u apply under? On the positive side, I’m yet to hear of a ghost update that led to a negative decision. All the ones I’ve read about on this forum had their application approval within a day to a couple of months. So here’s to hoping for the long wait ahead.
We applied under express entry fsw, and were picked out of the pool in the early Sept draw 440 cut-off.

Fingers crossed for positive outcomes for all.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Where is my visa office? Is it the country of origin or country of residence? Can any one of you please confirm?
Nothing to do with origin or residence.
It's where your application is being processed.
When you submit an application, it goes to Sydney Nova Scotia, the CIO-Centralized Intake Office.
After the initial check are done, application can be dispatched to another visa office depending on their coordinated work load. Most applications get transferred to either Ottawa Central Processing Center, or your local/closest visa office outside Canada (London, Paris, New Delhi, Rabat...etc).

Reactions: Frances29

mantho

Jan 10, 2018
Nothing to do with origin or residence.
It's where your application is being processed.
When you submit an application, it goes to Sydney Nova Scotia, the CIO-Centralized Intake Office.
After the initial check are done, application can be dispatched to another visa office depending on their coordinated work load. Most applications get transferred to either Ottawa Central Processing Center, or your local/closest visa office outside Canada (London, Paris, New Delhi, Rabat...etc).
Ok, thank you for the information. So your are in IP2 stage now? My AOR is on Oct-1, medical passed, in IP1 stage now.

TrueIndian

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Hi Guys,

I have received an ADR for RCMP criminal record check and I have uploaded it a week ago.

Now The review of additional document says: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded. How long does it take for the status to update to ADR under review ?.

Reactions: ladyday

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Ok, thank you for the information. So your are in IP2 stage now? My AOR is on Oct-1, medical passed, in IP1 stage now.
Just want to say that so-called IP1 or IP2 statuses don't hold any value in determining application stage.
My status shows that they're working on background checks since day of AOR, but I know they haven't started it yet. Seen through GCMS notes and confirmed by IRCC agent on the phone.
I'd suggest you don't pay much attention to them ;)

nessa.aline

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi Guys,

I have received an ADR for RCMP criminal record check and I have uploaded it a week ago.

Now The review of additional document says: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded. How long does it take for the status to update to ADR under review ?.
I uploaded my RCMP on Nov 9 and message is still "The additional documents you provided have been uploaded." for me

Reactions: ladyday

TrueIndian

Star Member
May 30, 2015
I uploaded my RCMP on Nov 9 and message is still "The additional documents you provided have been uploaded." for me
That's more than a month. I am wondering if they will only review it after the 60 days deadline they gave us to upload the pcc.

Last edited:

90'skid

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
Guys!! so on Friday I received this email with subject: we are working on improving application status in your account
msg
; on 12/12/18 you will see a progress bar for your express entry application. the progress bar shows the time elapsed since we received your application. it will give you an estimated date based on our latest estimated processing times.

Did anyone else get this similar email?

Ashtush

Apr 7, 2017
Guys!! so on Friday I received this email with subject: we are working on improving application status in your account
msg
; on 12/12/18 you will see a progress bar for your express entry application. the progress bar shows the time elapsed since we received your application. it will give you an estimated date based on our latest estimated processing times.

Did anyone else get this similar email?
All fellas are receivin this mail !!