+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

AbhiS44

Jul 21, 2018
Hi All,

I've moved from Pune to Bangalore (change of Job) recently. My Medicals are passed and BG check is still in "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."

Do I need to update my new address and company name to CIC? I won't mind travelling to Pune to submit my Passport if the Golden mail come and if getting these details updated is a hassle.

Please suggest.

Syed Faizan Ali

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
On 20th Jan I received a ghost update without any email notification with the application board displaying the message ending with ' ...most of the progress happens close to the completion date'.
Today it says 'make sure you see your messages ...' but neither have I received any message being unread or nor any email from cic.

Tried refreshing and login in a few more times and different device. No change. Any clues?

muz

Star Member
Dec 29, 2007
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
On 20th Jan I received a ghost update without any email notification with the application board displaying the message ending with ' ...most of the progress happens close to the completion date'.
Today it says 'make sure you see your messages ...' but neither have I received any message being unread or nor any email from cic.

Tried refreshing and login in a few more times and different device. No change. Any clues?
It's merely a message which show up after 90 days (I believe) automatically nothing else.

Reactions: Syed Faizan Ali

muz

Star Member
Dec 29, 2007
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
So this message wont change for the rest of the period until PPR?
Most probably, after reading this forum, it appears it will change when your application has passed 182 (or so) days that "your application fall under 20% where is takes more then 180 days" something along those lines.

Its nothing, ignore this message. I know people even after getting PPR are still getting the same message so better to ignore.

muz

Star Member
Dec 29, 2007
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
When should an applicant contact CIC on phone or order GCMS notes?
You can call anytime however to get some info maybe after 90 days is better.

FYI and reference

I called couple of days back but no info from agent as my file is in London office and she saw same as we can see online. The only info I fetched from agent was my file is in LVO.

So you can try and if luck you can get more info.

Likewise GCMS can also be ordered after 90 days

Syed Faizan Ali

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
You can call anytime however to get some info maybe after 90 days is better.

FYI and reference

I called couple of days back but no info from agent as my file is in London office and she saw same as we can see online. The only info I fetched from agent was my file is in LVO.

So you can try and if luck you can get more info.

Likewise GCMS can also be ordered after 90 days
I have elected a representative (my cousin) residing in Toronto. Can he call CIC to inquire about the details and also order GCMS notes on my behalf?

muz

Star Member
Dec 29, 2007
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
I have elected a representative (my cousin) residing in Toronto. Can he call CIC to inquire about the details and also order GCMS notes on my behalf?
If you have nominated him as your agent and filled/submitted consent he should be able to call and order GCMS on your behalf.

shah22393

Nov 6, 2017
Hello folks,

Any updates on the situation?

AOR-10th October
Medical Passed:- 19th November
Background check: In Progress
Application status:- In Process.

Estimated remaining time:- 11 weeks.

Any updates from anyone else who got the AOR around the same date or month?

Thanks

Reactions: Atjose

Santacan

Jul 8, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Hi All,

I've moved from Pune to Bangalore (change of Job) recently. My Medicals are passed and BG check is still in "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."

Do I need to update my new address and company name to CIC? I won't mind travelling to Pune to submit my Passport if the Golden mail come and if getting these details updated is a hassle.

Please suggest.
No, it is alright. If you want to update your contact details such phone, email or address, you can raise a CSE. It is not a big hassle