+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

sfvan

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
Category........
FSW
@daveishan hope all is well. There has been a flurry of activity recently on our account. There was a long pause after the last request for RPRF in May 2021. You can see all the latest activity in my signature. My sibling contacted the local MP in early Jan and we requested both CBSA and GCMS notes on Jan 13 (to see which one comes first, lol). Not sure if all this activity is stemming from these actions.

The office of the MP checked and got back to us. This was right before we got the Re-medical request:

"I spoke with IRCC regarding your PR application and got the following update:
  • Eligibility passed.
  • Medicals and criminality expired. If they require new ones, they will send a request.
  • Security hasn't started.
There might be a new update at the beginning of next month. I will check on the file again then and will reach out as soon as I have a new update."

They have not got back to us yet, but they requested re-medicals, updated Schedule As, PCC and renewed Passport copies. Not sure what they are going to ask for next!

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
@daveishan hope all is well. There has been a flurry of activity recently on our account. There was a long pause after the last request for RPRF in May 2021. You can see all the latest activity in my signature. My sibling contacted the local MP in early Jan and we requested both CBSA and GCMS notes on Jan 13 (to see which one comes first, lol). Not sure if all this activity is stemming from these actions.

The office of the MP checked and got back to us. This was right before we got the Re-medical request:

"I spoke with IRCC regarding your PR application and got the following update:
  • Eligibility passed.
  • Medicals and criminality expired. If they require new ones, they will send a request.
  • Security hasn't started.
There might be a new update at the beginning of next month. I will check on the file again then and will reach out as soon as I have a new update."

They have not got back to us yet, but they requested re-medicals, updated Schedule As, PCC and renewed Passport copies. Not sure what they are going to ask for next!
Hi @sfvan thank you for the update. it seems you are nearing the PPR stage finally. In my case, my file has been transferred to NDVO in India and I added my son in December 2021 but have not had any update yet. Given the overall activity in the last month, hopefully something should hear smth soon.

sfvan

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
Category........
FSW
@sfvan @Lizgeo i received a re-med request today. Have you had any updates?
After remeds they asked for updated Schedule As and the last request was for updated PCCs. Last update from cic is that they received all the documents last Friday. I hope they don't turn silent for another year.

sfvan

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
Category........
FSW
@daveishan I cant believe it, but it has happened! Not sure what triggered the event.

- CBSA requested 41 days extra extension for the notes. No news from IRCC about the notes. So, I followed up on it. No reply from them.

- Then, we followed up again with the local MP and they said they can only follow up on our case by mid march.

- Sent an email to Sean Fraser.

Could or could not by any of the above. We got a ghost update on March 1. RFV email received on March 2 (March 3 midnight our time). Only found out about this in the evening. I usually check my email regularly, but I was not feeling well that day and ended up checking only in the evening.

Usually it is me who tells my wife that we received an update and we open the message together only to find out that it is another ADR. This time it was my wife who read the email. What can I say, this whole process has sucked out all my emotions away. Just sat there in disbelief! Still trying to process the whole thing.

I just wanted to let you know :) Details are in my signature.

Lifeisstuck

Mar 4, 2022
@sfvan

Congratulations. So happy. Finally your journey comes to an end. Had a quick question to ask

When did you email Sean Fraser? And which email did you use?
Thanks

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
@daveishan I cant believe it, but it has happened! Not sure what triggered the event.

- CBSA requested 41 days extra extension for the notes. No news from IRCC about the notes. So, I followed up on it. No reply from them.

- Then, we followed up again with the local MP and they said they can only follow up on our case by mid march.

- Sent an email to Sean Fraser.

Could or could not by any of the above. We got a ghost update on March 1. RFV email received on March 2 (March 3 midnight our time). Only found out about this in the evening. I usually check my email regularly, but I was not feeling well that day and ended up checking only in the evening.

Usually it is me who tells my wife that we received an update and we open the message together only to find out that it is another ADR. This time it was my wife who read the email. What can I say, this whole process has sucked out all my emotions away. Just sat there in disbelief! Still trying to process the whole thing.

I just wanted to let you know :) Details are in my signature.
@sfvan i can indeed comprehend what you must have experienced on seeing that e-mail. we recd a re-med request in Feb 2022 - i was so surprised then as i had pushed the thot of IRCC out of my mind completely. Yesterday. I got a confirmation that the exam was uploaded by the clinic. My wife and me are now waiting with fingers crossed - hopefully this is the end of the road.

All the best for the journey ahead! thank you for sharing your experience with all of us on the forum

sfvan

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
Category........
FSW
@daveishan I finally got my CBSA notes. From what I see, the movement in our case was triggered by the email to the local MP. Might be worth a try to do that to speed things up. Prior to that, the notes just kept saying due date pushed to 30 days.

Reactions: dankboi

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
long ride folks! how many applicants (this thread) from 2018 yet to get the PPR?
There's one member whose AOR is 2017 yet to get PPR, applicant contacted the Minister's office and in a week found movement.

Reactions: maghool71

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
long ride folks! how many applicants (this thread) from 2018 yet to get the PPR?
There's one member whose AOR is 2017 yet to get PPR, applicant contacted the Minister's office and in a week found movement.
I'm curious to know this too because I didn't expect any 2018 files to be still left, I was definitely wrong! :/ And these are only the people who check these forums.

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
@daveishan I finally got my CBSA notes. From what I see, the movement in our case was triggered by the email to the local MP. Might be worth a try to do that to speed things up. Prior to that, the notes just kept saying due date pushed to 30 days.
@sfvan did you receive the re-med request after the email? i already have re-meds passed on March 9 so it has just been about a month now. for clarity, i have placed a request for CBSA notes too.

Since I reside outside Canada - it is possible to contact a local MP? I do not have any close contacts in Canada either.

sfvan

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
Category........
FSW
@sfvan did you receive the re-med request after the email? i already have re-meds passed on March 9 so it has just been about a month now. for clarity, i have placed a request for CBSA notes too.

Since I reside outside Canada - it is possible to contact a local MP? I do not have any close contacts in Canada either.
Yes, everything happened after the MP’s office contacted them. My signature has the details of how everything started picking up since then. I have read many threads where outlanders have done this. I would say it is worth a try. 3.5 years is too much!