+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

randomsomeone

Jul 29, 2019
United States
Yeah they might ask.
But as suggested earlier it might take time for them to ask for medicals which might delay your process. Thats the reason many people do upfront medicals

THANKS A TON!!!!! I took your suggestion and that definitely helped move my case forward by submitting my husband's medicals upfront without waiting for them to ask for it ..now that I think about it, I should've done it the minute we submitted his details. Thanks Pavan. Received the PPR email today.

Reactions: pavan23 and taiko
Jan 14, 2019
Hello guys,

Our AOR is Apr 8th 2019 and medicals are valid till March 25th 2020. Our application has been in eligibility review since Aug 2019. Last update as far as I can remember was of medical passed and biometrics received around Mid June

Today after a lot of time there was a update that ''No medical required'' to Medical has been passed on Jan 27,2020. I believe medicals have been extended.

Does this mean anything? Our GCMS notes that we ordered on 20 Oct 2019 and received on 20 Jan 2020, say that medical passed, criminality passed, security not started, and eligibility in review.

Please someone advice, if Medical Extension mean anything? Is it a good news or just false hope..:(..:(..:(

Please someone advice...
That is generally a good sign. They extend the medical only if they want to move forward the application (in my view). Our medicals were also extended and we got our PPR approximately two weeks after. Good luck.

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014
THANKS A TON!!!!! I took your suggestion and that definitely helped move my case forward by submitting my husband's medicals upfront without waiting for them to ask for it ..now that I think about it, I should've done it the minute we submitted his details. Thanks Pavan. Received the PPR email today.
Congrats, Even I landed on 10th Jan in Toronto

bubusik

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Hey guys! I wonder how many of us are still left withour PPRs.
Update in my case: after 7 months on SS, got ADR for my partner's CV, ScheduleA, Travel history, Student Form. This doesn't seem optimistic.
They probably finished my ss and started his. Great!

mail2hart

Sep 30, 2018
Hello guys, just updating on my application

Got approval today. Expecting our passports back on Feb 7, 2020. Got extension on my medical

AOR 27th Oct 2018
PPR Email 23rd March 2019
Notified Status change: Married on May 8th 2019
Dependent Medical Passed: 20 July 2019
ADR for Marriage Photos and Relationship Questionnaire: 30th July 2019(Response sent within 7 days)
PPR email: 24th January, 2020
Passports Sent to Canada: 25th January, 2020 (reached them on 28th Jan)
Approval: Feb 5th, 2020 (Something wrong with the return label(UPS), got an email to create a fedex return label with instructions and email them)

Thanks. And good luck everyone

Jeremy’smum

Dec 12, 2019
I was asked to submit this too by 13th Jan. I provided an LOE stating that this does not seem necessary as I have applied for permanent residency under the FSW category. The agent that I spoke to on the phone where unhelpful. It is your call to ether fill the documents or give an LOE. I did the latter.
Thanks ! And have you gotten any new updates from CIC since you did this ?

Iwanttobeincanada

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
23 October 2018
Update in my case: after 7 months on SS, got ADR for my partner's CV, ScheduleA, Travel history, Student Form. This doesn't seem optimistic.
Im still here....23 oct 2018.....my file hasn't moved an inch as per my 2 gcms notes....i think they just copied my first notes and send it second time....

sfvan

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
Category........
FSW
Still here. AOR Oct 5. After a long silence, ADR in late September, submitted by mid October. Nothing since then. Waiting for 2nd GCMS notes which should hopefully come by the end of the month if they are still processing within 30 days

SCOTCAD

Star Member
May 20, 2018
Finally finally finally!

AOR October 20th 2018
ADR: January 24th 2020
Remedial request January 27th 2020
Medical passed February 3rd
Golden email: February 11th

Thanks everyone who has helped answer questions. I literally was at the point where I assumed it was dead and was just going to be rejected, and came to terms with that. For those remaining it WILL come, sooner rather than later.

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Still here. AOR Oct 5. After a long silence, ADR in late September, submitted by mid October. Nothing since then. Waiting for 2nd GCMS notes which should hopefully come by the end of the month if they are still processing within 30 days
GCMS is taking time. I filed for them in first week of December. They have told me it till take more time (~90 days). CBSA notes is a better option.

sfvan

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
Category........
FSW
GCMS is taking time. I filed for them in first week of December. They have told me it till take more time (~90 days). CBSA notes is a better option.
Thanks! Did they tell you it will take more time as soon as you applied or after your crossed the 30 days? Security was not started as of last week. Does it make sense to apply for CBSA notes if security is not started yet? How do you apply for CBSA notes?

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Thanks! Did they tell you it will take more time as soon as you applied or after your crossed the 30 days? Security was not started as of last week. Does it make sense to apply for CBSA notes if security is not started yet? How do you apply for CBSA notes?
After it crossed 30 days. You can use the same website for CBSA notes: getgcms.com. It seems CBSA is a duplicate of the GCMS notes without any redacted information. If Security has not started, it will be blank. But, you will get updates for eligibility, ADR, etc

Reactions: sfvan