+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

Priya0227

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2019
I sent an email to Ottawa for an update on my file...... Got this reply

Good day,

Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times

This is the first time I got a reply like this which says, it requires additional verification.......
Is it generic response or something else..... Do I need to be worried about it??

warpeduniverse

Apr 28, 2019

Good day,

Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times

This is the first time I got a reply like this which says, it requires additional verification.......
Is it generic response or something else..... Do I need to be worried about it??
Generic response. They have 3 set of standard replies. This is one of them.

Reactions: milin4ever

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017

Good day,

What was their previous reply?

Didn't they ask you for CV? Ottawa only sends that response if you fall under one of the two categories

1) Eligibility RR
2) Security Screening

Priya0227

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2019

Didn't they ask you for CV? Ottawa only sends that response if you fall under one of the two categories

1) Eligibility RR
2) Security Screening
Yes they did ask for cv
Previous response was, that the file is in queue for review by an officer
And now the reply is, that additional info
Verification is required

warpeduniverse

Apr 28, 2019

1) Eligibility RR
2) Security Screening
Hi Sith

I received this response the first time from Ottawa. However, my GCMS notes generated post the response indicated that my eligibility had been met and there was no SS. There was basically no action on my file after I met the eligibility in December 2018.

Second time I got a response from Ottawa stating that my file is in queue for review by an officer. So I think that these are standard responses.

@Priya0227 In your case, I am not too sure as they picked up your file long ago and have not issued the PPR till now. You may or may not be in security screening, but I am pretty sure that this response is no indication of the same.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi Sith

I received this response the first time from Ottawa. However, my GCMS notes generated post the response indicated that my eligibility had been met and there was no SS. There was basically no action on my file after I met the eligibility in December 2018.

Second time I got a response from Ottawa stating that my file is in queue for review by an officer. So I think that these are standard responses.

@Priya0227 In your case, I am not too sure as they picked up your file long ago and have not issued the PPR till now. You may or may not be in security screening, but I am pretty sure that this response is no indication of the same.
From my experience that is not a generic response. They must be conducting some background checks.

Ottawa's responses are always accurate based on the current status of the application.

Under review means RR, SS or some other checks are in progress
In queue means it needs Case Officer's review

Reactions: milin4ever

warpeduniverse

Apr 28, 2019
From my experience that is not a generic response. They must be conducting some background checks.

Ottawa's responses are always accurate based on the current status of the application.

Under review means RR, SS or some other checks are in progress
In queue means it needs Case Officer's review
I got both the responses. The latest response was 'in queue for review...".I guess we can never know what they really mean. As per the online system, my application is still in IP1. Background checks have not started.

Riro82@!

Star Member
Jul 28, 2019
Hi guys,
I’m under RR for eligibility and it says recommend pass in the notes by the case analyst. We submitted additional documents to confirm employment, do you guys know how long ircc has to attend to documents sent on a webform? We sent the documents on the 25th of July. Thanks so much

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Hi guys,
I’m under RR for eligibility and it says recommend pass in the notes by the case analyst. We submitted additional documents to confirm employment, do you guys know how long ircc has to attend to documents sent on a webform? We sent the documents on the 25th of July. Thanks so much
was RR for POF .. sent additional docs in June 2019 - they are yet to open the file .. Aor sept 2018

genieve876

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Good night I need help i my husband applied for study permit and i got a open work permit and our 2 daughters received study permits as well. His program was for 1 year and he 3 months. During this time i applied for fsw inland and we are awaiting results of pr application. In september his study permit my open work permit and the kids study permit expires. If i apply to do the bridging open work permit can i also get study and open work permit for the kids and my husband. He attends CMIT college does that matter or can he get the open work permit any way